Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PTI LAST NIGHT! « previous next »
Page: 1

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

: January 09, 2007, 10:55:41 AM

Last night while I was cooking dinner I was listening to PTI and Tony Kornholio said goodbye to America because Tiki was going to be in the Monday Night booth.  He then said that nothing was confirmed yet and that he was still in the spot but thats what he sees happening.  I wonder if he let the cat out of the bag to early and had to back track or if he was just figuring this would take place like the rest of the football fans?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 09, 2007, 10:59:46 AM

Last night while I was cooking dinner I was listening to PTI and Tony Kornholio said goodbye to America because Tiki was going to be in the Monday Night booth. He then said that nothing was confirmed yet and that he was still in the spot but thats what he sees happening. I wonder if he let the cat out of the bag to early and had to back track or if he was just figuring this would take place like the rest of the football fans?

Why not have Tiki replace Theisman?  I haven't really watched a MNF game all season because of him!

bucshot224

Second String

#2 : January 09, 2007, 11:05:07 AM

Tony Kornheiser might be the biggest moron in MNF history. I honestly feel a little bit dumber when I listen to him. He adds absolutely nothing to the booth. He's not funny, his stats are nowhere near true, and he seems to know nothing about the game. If Tiki comes in, good riddance!

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

superbuc

Practice Squad
#3 : January 09, 2007, 11:58:17 AM

Last night while I was cooking dinner I was listening to PTI and Tony Kornholio said goodbye to America because Tiki was going to be in the Monday Night booth. He then said that nothing was confirmed yet and that he was still in the spot but thats what he sees happening. I wonder if he let the cat out of the bag to early and had to back track or if he was just figuring this would take place like the rest of the football fans?

I saw it, too.  I can't remember the radio show it was (one of the national ones), but, they said that Tony doesn't really like the grind of traveling, researching, and staying up late every week.  The person that was speaking thought Tony would only do it this year.  I was in DC when he first got on the radio.  His columns are much better than he is on TV or radio.  When he's halfway serious he interviews folks well, though.   He and Wilbon have always been funny together.

As for his comment.  I think it was off the cuff.  He knows he's going to step down, so the first part of it is true.  As for Tiki, I think he's eyeing a national show with a major network.....

sma2680

Practice Squad

#4 : January 09, 2007, 12:10:49 PM

I would love for Tiki to replace Theisman...he is unbearable.  I actually think Kornheiser is ok b/c he isn't afraid to call out Theisman on a lot of the ridiculous things he says.  I swear Theisman just talks to hear himself speak...

gharen

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 09, 2007, 12:59:54 PM

Theisman and Tiki together will be unwatchable. Tiki comes across as one of the most pompous, fake asses I've ever heard!

T

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 09, 2007, 01:55:26 PM

I only watched MNF a handful of times this season and when I did the announcing was horrible.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 09, 2007, 02:40:48 PM

I love both Tiki and Ronde but I think they are both stiff in front of camera.  That is sometimes teachable...

#8 : January 09, 2007, 02:49:51 PM

Theisman and Tiki together will be unwatchable. Tiki comes across as one of the most pompous, fake asses I've ever heard!

We may be wrong but I get the exact same impression. His Holier Than Thou attitude rubs me the wrong way.

As for Kornheiser, i think he's awesome with Wilbon.

#9 : January 09, 2007, 03:07:20 PM

Tony Kornheiser might be the biggest moron in MNF history. I honestly feel a little bit dumber when I listen to him. He adds absolutely nothing to the booth. He's not funny, his stats are nowhere near true, and he seems to know nothing about the game. If Tiki comes in, good riddance!
Have you heard Theisman? Most of Tony's jokes are more for the sophisticated crowd, which doesn't translate well to a game as well as it has to his columns, same with Wilbon.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 09, 2007, 04:15:15 PM

Tiki's an upgrade over any of those guys on MNF

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 09, 2007, 04:57:55 PM

Joe Theisman is seriously the worst announcer in NFL history...he can absolutely not get off Mike Vick's jockstrap and will seriously explain things that are totally irrelevant and meaningless just to hear himself speak. He doesnt know when to shut his arrogant no knowledge cake hole up and I will preach upon Tiki being a god send...and another note:

If you are worse than Michael Irvin at calling games, oh my god just quite life while your ahead....MADDEN AND AL MICHAELS FOR MNF!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PTI LAST NIGHT! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools