Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Oklahoma Sooners appreciation thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Yakuza Rich

Rookie

: December 14, 2008, 11:39:03 AM

This thread is for all of us who are rooting for the Sooners on January 8th, either because we're Ohio State alumni (myself) and have developed an incredibly bitter hatred for the Gators, are Sooners alumni, are Seminoles fans, are militant atheists (Tebow and Meyer are evangelical Christians), or just don't like the Gators period.

Anyways, thank you to Sam Bradford for denying Tebow another undeserved Heisman Trophy.

Now excuse me while I go read a story from the Toronto Star in which Chris Leak discusses his disillusion about bombing out of the NFL and ending up as a third-string quarterback in the CFL while Troy Smith, the guy he beat for the National Title, is making the big bucks as a NFL backup QB.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 14, 2008, 11:41:54 AM

just curious, what in the heck is going on in your avatar?

Yakuza Rich

Rookie

#2 : December 14, 2008, 11:44:00 AM

It's a small portion of a much larger artistic photo called "Waiting for Gerald."  The larger picture is a group of men holding a woman in a shower and dumping milk on her head, while a puppet watches on in horror.

The photo is an art piece with the puppet representing man's self-loathing and inferiority complex in comparison to women.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 14, 2008, 11:44:26 AM

How many chins does that person have??

Stratobuc

Starter
#4 : December 14, 2008, 11:45:02 AM

Go Oklahoma State.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 14, 2008, 11:45:21 AM

It's a small portion of a much larger artistic photo called "Waiting for Gerald." The larger picture is a group of men holding a woman in a shower and dumping milk on her head, while a puppet watches on in horror.

The photo is an art piece with the puppet representing man's self-loathing and inferiority complex in comparison to women.

art piece?

lol

ok then...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 14, 2008, 11:59:17 AM

This thread is for all of us who are rooting for the Sooners on January 8th, either because we're Ohio State alumni (myself) and have developed an incredibly bitter hatred for the Gators, are Sooners alumni, are Seminoles fans, are militant atheists (Tebow and Meyer are evangelical Christians), or just don't like the Gators period.

Anyways, thank you to Sam Bradford for denying Tebow another undeserved Heisman Trophy.

Now excuse me while I go read a story from the Toronto Star in which Chris Leak discusses his disillusion about bombing out of the NFL and ending up as a third-string quarterback in the CFL while Troy Smith, the guy he beat for the National Title, is making the big bucks as a NFL backup QB.

In case you haven't noticed there is a college football forum.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 14, 2008, 12:12:23 PM

that's seriously the lamest post I've seen in quite a while.

First off, you have no reason to hate UF. Hate your own school. It's not UF's fault you guys can't win the big game in football or basketball.

Secondly, recruiting atheists to root against UF because their 2 leaders are Christians... That's just sad.

Your bitterness is a result of jealousy and envy.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 14, 2008, 09:41:57 PM

Your bitterness is a result of jealousy and envy.

Yeah....What he said!    GO GATORS!!!! Make the SEC proud!!!!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 14, 2008, 11:48:04 PM

Yeah, speaking of undeserved Heismans, how did Mr. Smith look in that title game compared to Leak?  Leak may never be an NFL player (not sure why that is relevant to a CFB discussion anyway), but he can ALWAYS flash his NC ring in Troy's face, while Troy wonders how in the heck he only managed 80+ yards in the biggest game of his life.

Meanwhile, Earl Everett, Jarvis Moss, and Derrick Harvey say,

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 15, 2008, 02:41:46 AM

f the pOUters

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 15, 2008, 03:27:46 PM

Was listening to Rome today and he kept playing the announcement from the Heisman ceremony Saturday. It was hilarious with Billy Sims in the background yelling "Boomer" all the time after Bradford was named the winner. Apparently it's like the Tampa -- Bay chant and someone is supposed to yell Sooner after Boomer. Sims got off about 7 "Boomers" before Bradford finally said Sooner to shut him up. Talk about grandstanding and taking a leak on the guy's moment. That's shameful and embarrassing for Billy. Show some class.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 15, 2008, 07:27:08 PM

Sims was an embrassment to Bradford. Just like OU is to CFB.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 16, 2008, 08:47:26 AM

OBF, do you hate OU, because they "whined" after losing to your ducks due to the worst jobbing that has ever occurred on the field in the history of CFB?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 16, 2008, 09:10:30 AM

God, those uniforms (Oregon) are the ugliest in sports, no contest.  Though they try, it is impossible to look tough in those uniforms...

lol

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Oklahoma Sooners appreciation thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools