Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jethro Franklin gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

« #15 : January 09, 2007, 03:34:47 PM »

Let us know! Even if its speculation...

I can't get any confirmation on anything right now, however I had heard in passing that if the Bucs parted ways with Jethro Franklin they would possibly inquire about hiring Greg Mattison but would have to wait until after the BCS Championship Game before making a move.

Again, that's pure speculation
Didn't Mattison use to be the DC / DL coach at Notre Dame before he came to Florida?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 09, 2007, 03:35:33 PM »

Nice to see some accountability here. Can't have production like that without someone taking the fall. Maybe some nudging from high above too that it was time to make some changes or move on yourself. Dungy couldn't do that and it cost him his job.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 09, 2007, 03:36:14 PM »

wow, looks like there was some issues with the coaches if they're getting canned like this.

I'm guessing lack of productivity, well wait, no, that doesn't explain why Muir is still here.

I still think he's toast.  Love to see Art Shell.  

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

« #18 : January 09, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »

wow, looks like there was some issues with the coaches if they're getting canned like this.

I'm guessing lack of productivity, well wait, no, that doesn't explain why Muir is still here.

I still think he's toast.  Love to see Art Shell. 
I'd love to see 'the face' as well...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #19 : January 09, 2007, 03:39:26 PM »

I can't get any confirmation on anything right now, however I had heard in passing that if the Bucs parted ways with Jethro Franklin they would possibly inquire about hiring Greg Mattison but would have to wait until after the BCS Championship Game before making a move.

Mattison wouldn't be bad as a D-line coach. Heck, his guys played lights out yesterday.

« #20 : January 09, 2007, 03:40:47 PM »

Mattison wouldn't be bad as a D-line coach. Heck, his guys played lights out yesterday.
Yes they did, I'm not very familiar with him other than bits and pieces of his coaching history, so can anyone tell me if he's a 'fiery' type?

shall555

Starter

« #21 : January 09, 2007, 03:49:31 PM »

WOW. If it's Mattison, then look for the Bucs to draft Ray McDonald or Marcus Thomas with one of our 2nd rounders.

The Bucs need to get on the horn and sign Mattison before Snake McKay and his minions sink their teeth into him.

« #22 : January 09, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »

WOW. If it's Mattison, then look for the Bucs to draft Ray McDonald or Marcus Thomas with one of our 2nd rounders.
Or both....

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #23 : January 09, 2007, 03:51:03 PM »

He might tell us to just steer clear of Thomas just like the USC guys did with Winston Justice.

shall555

Starter

« #24 : January 09, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »

He might tell us to just steer clear of Thomas just like the USC guys did with Winston Justice.

It's a win-win situation then. At least, Franklin and Burns were useful in that dept. Justice didn't start a game this year.

« #25 : January 09, 2007, 03:57:57 PM »

It's a win-win situation then. At least, Franklin and Burns were useful in that dept. Justice didn't start a game this year.
You mean Bornabuc's love child was a pine rider? What about Max Jean-Gilles? Oh the horror!

shall555

Starter

« #26 : January 09, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »

You mean Bornabuc's love child was a pine rider? What about Max Jean-Gilles? Oh the horror!

LOL.

psymun

Starter
« #27 : January 09, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »

What about John Palermo

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #28 : January 09, 2007, 05:46:27 PM »

Good for Monte.  If your unit underperforms you're gone.

I just wish Gruden would clean house on his side of the ball (Muir, Mann, Valero, etc.).

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 09, 2007, 08:22:14 PM »

Horrible move.  This move will be even worse if not even one offensive coach is fired.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jethro Franklin gone « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools