Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll be the one to ask... « previous next »
Page: 1

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

: December 14, 2008, 04:15:46 PM

do we win this game with McCown at QB???     

I would like to think he could have gotten us more than 7 pts. (the FG to tie was all on the ST, our pathetic offense went backwards, so they get no credit for those pts IMO)

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#1 : December 14, 2008, 04:16:43 PM

YES, GREASEBALL SUCKS

kennard19

Starter
#2 : December 14, 2008, 04:17:27 PM

he would have picked up a few 1st downs with his legs!

danrichman

Rookie

#3 : December 14, 2008, 04:17:33 PM

Had nothing to do with Griese.  They lost because of penalties.  How many special teams & false start penalties did we have?  Six?  Seven?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 14, 2008, 04:17:39 PM

I'll be the first one to say that Gruden is just not getting it done in Tampa.

We had an opportunity to win this game in regulation and just didn't even try.  And don't bother telling me handing off to Carnell up the middle was an effort.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 14, 2008, 04:18:49 PM

Yes...

Trying not to be too emotional after a game like that, but Griese is nothing more than a caretaker, and a mediocre at that.

How many sacks did he walk into? How many poor reads did he make because his arm doesn't afford for deep throws? How many plays were left on the field? The defense and ST made that game winnable and I think it's reasonable to say the QB play helped lose it.

dabucfan

Second String

#6 : December 14, 2008, 04:20:10 PM

Gruden was not the one running into sacks that was costing us precious yards.  I can remember at least three times Greise simply ran into the defender for a sack.  Greise's poor decision making is what hurt us the most, and of course the massive penalties.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 14, 2008, 04:20:57 PM

Griese and penalty  killed us

dabucfan

Second String

#8 : December 14, 2008, 04:21:31 PM

Yes...
I think it's reasonable to say the QB play helped lose it.

You hit the nail on the head.  D and ST kept saving us time and time again for Greise to give it away.  The QB play was awful.

gypsie

Starter

#9 : December 14, 2008, 04:22:11 PM

I dont care what his stats are Griese sucks he is the only qb I have ever seen that refuses to take a step away from the rush he just stands there guy right in his face and instead of moving he STANDS THERE STEP UP IN THE POCKET YOU MORON. And I am huge UM fan so it is hard for me to hate this guy so much but he is AWFULL.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 14, 2008, 04:28:55 PM

Of course. Brian Griese is terrible at avoiding a rush. McCown creates plays with his legs and is just as good as a passer.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I'll be the one to ask... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools