Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton and TD production « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: October 13, 2006, 12:13:32 PM

Michael Clayton, TB Oct. 13 - 10:51 am et

WR Michael Clayton has not scored a touchdown since his rookie season, a span of 18 games.
"It's tough as hell," Clayton said Thursday. "You want to be able to go out there and show what you've got. Sometimes, you ask yourself what's my future in this league?" Clayton went on to say that he's not happy with his role in the offense.

Source: Tampa Tribune

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2006, 12:16:46 PM

Clayton went on to say that he's not happy with his role in the offense.

That's never a good sign.  Hopefully the QB change will make him happier...  If not we might be looking at trade options for Clayton.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 13, 2006, 12:24:07 PM

what a bummer, I thought this guy was going to be an answer at WR for years to come... 

18 games?  I doubt Jaquez and Reidel went that long and those guys sucked sack severely!

*sigh*

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 13, 2006, 12:25:12 PM

I don't blame him, he should get more chances to go up and grab the ball in the redzone.  It seems like Gruden has him in the dog house and that is never good.  When a player gets in Grudens dog house it is almost impossible to get out.  Alex Smith is playing great and Joey is still being Joey now if we can get Clayton into the fold this O should really come alive.  I want to see Clayton get more throws on third down instead of Ike and take over that spot on the team.  But with Ike being so relyable Gruden probably wont give Clayton a shot.  Even the best recievers dont catch every pass but they get thrown to 10 or more times a game.

psymun

Starter
#4 : October 13, 2006, 12:27:25 PM

So we might be looking for trade options because Clayton isn't happy with his role? Trust me on this... Michael Clayton is NOT the type of player to cause a problem. However, he is a very honest person. If someone asks him if he's happy with his role, and he's not, he'll say no. But he's a team first guy...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 13, 2006, 12:28:07 PM

he needs to do something to gain Gruden's trust back then...  I tend to think a coach doesn't use someone for a reason, not just because they are in the doghouse...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 13, 2006, 12:30:05 PM

So we might be looking for trade options because Clayton isn't happy with his role? Trust me on this... Michael Clayton is NOT the type of player to cause a problem. However, he is a very honest person. If someone asks him if he's happy with his role, and he's not, he'll say no. But he's a team first guy...
I believe that Stovall was drafted in part as insurance against Clayton having a continued slump.  IMO if Clayton continues to struggle and Stovall is playing well the FO won't have much problem moving Clayton if they feel they can get value from him.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#7 : October 13, 2006, 12:44:14 PM

Michael Clayton, TB Oct. 13 - 10:51 am et

WR Michael Clayton has not scored a touchdown since his rookie season, a span of 18 games.
"It's tough as hell," Clayton said Thursday. "You want to be able to go out there and show what you've got. Sometimes, you ask yourself what's my future in this league?" Clayton went on to say that he's not happy with his role in the offense.

Source: Tampa Tribune

Where's the actual quote from Clayton saying he's not happy with his role? It sounds like the trib just trying to stir up sh1t....

edit: The only thing I found was this trib article:
 http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBMRVZX7TE.html

no where in there does Clayton complain about his role....

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 13, 2006, 01:16:48 PM

this doesn't make him a bad WR.  keyshawn johnson was inexplicably short of touchdowns for a while, and clayton's season last year going into the present is eerily like joey galloway's year in dallas before being traded here. both have bounced back to be difference makers

i think joey can have a nice talk with clayton about going through a rough patch, and remind him that good WRs don't stop being good, especially at his age.

drywallbuc

Starter

#9 : October 13, 2006, 01:39:14 PM

ill go out on a limb and say he gets the first one this weekend. if not a least a good block for the caddy to score on a 25yard run.
come on clayton, dont make me look like idiot, well no more than i already do.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 13, 2006, 06:08:13 PM

I still maintain my view that Clayton will do well in our Offense.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 13, 2006, 06:53:35 PM

Given how much Bruce is spreading it around it's only a matter of time before MC gets a TD.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 13, 2006, 07:24:16 PM

Well LOOK at his role in the offense.  Any self respecting man would not be happy with that!  As long as he doesn't go to T.O. lengths, I think it's great that he's not happy!

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#13 : October 14, 2006, 11:04:54 AM

the trib article was tame, he speaks out more in the times:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/10/13/Bucs/Clayton_wants_more_ca.shtml

IMO, M80 needs to STFU. If I know anything about Gruden, players speaking out to the press like this will piss him off. This is a good way for Clayton to decend further in coach's doghouse

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 14, 2006, 11:32:59 AM

yup, his mouth will only make it worse, he needs to call up Keyshawn and see where his mouth got him with Gruden...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton and TD production « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools