Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Iraqi man throws shoes and barely misses Bush. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#150 : December 25, 2008, 01:09:28 AM

I thought Obama was closing Gitmo?

Sadaam & broken bones? I think you are incredibly, purposefully and intentionally, naive.

There would have been so many bullets flying no one would have survived. The man would have been held while Sadaam's boys raped and tortured his wife and children live on public access - then the whole family would have all been fed through a wood chipper. Don't believe me? Here's an excerpt from a story from ABC's Brian Ross:

Saddam Executed; An Era Comes to an End

"...One question I've always had is, 'Why didn't the Iraqis rise up against Saddam?' And the reason is this prison," former CIA agent Robert Baer told ABC News. "Because they knew that if they even whispered a word of dissent, they would end up here for their entire lives, either tortured to death or dying in one of these cells....

"...Taymour Roghazi was a teenager when his entire village was herded into a mass grave and machine-gunned by Iraqi troops. He was the only survivor..."

"...Uh, it is really up to Iraqi society, up to history to decide whether justice with a capital J has been done.  But justice with a small J -- by that I mean a system of justice that Saddam had denied any and all of his opponents -- absolutely has been done.  It has followed the course," Mneimneh said..."

What has been done? They have the ability to throw shoes and not pay for it with their lives. They have justice by their own people.

We have bought them the right to judge one another and to let the punishment fit the crime - even if it is a middle eastern sense of justice, it is their justice.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#151 : December 27, 2008, 06:05:09 PM

Either way they were inflicted pain, this guy will probably rot in Gitmo until he dies. We're changing everything over there.

not quite as tough in prison as he was when throwing shoes at the President of the USA now is he?

screw him!

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Iraqi man throws shoes and barely misses Bush. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools