Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: antonio sums it up « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#105 : December 15, 2008, 08:18:54 AM

Lets not forget the other night in Carolina when he made a big play to get us a first and goal early in the game and we ended up kicking for 3. The guy is bustin his azz out there and he's frustrated that our team isn't capitalizing because of its weak mentality.

No, No, No; he got us to the 3 yrd line, which should have been the 6 inch line, but he wasted his challenge on a meaningless play earlier.  Then tries a sweep and 2 passes;  HE is the one who called the passes in what any other team would have run in
straight up the middle

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#106 : December 15, 2008, 08:59:35 AM

You understand that Terrell Owens is one of the best WRs to ever play in the NFL right?

its just unfortunate for terrell that football is a team sport.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#107 : December 15, 2008, 09:20:56 AM

Lets not forget the other night in Carolina when he made a big play to get us a first and goal early in the game and we ended up kicking for 3. The guy is bustin his azz out there and he's frustrated that our team isn't capitalizing because of its weak mentality.

Then tries a sweep and 2 passes; HE is the one who called the passes in what any other team would have run in
straight up the middle

Except the Cowboys last night and their 1 yard PA pass for a TD ... just saying ....

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#108 : December 15, 2008, 09:58:36 AM

There's nothing to be afraid of, Antonio? I think there is when your quarterbacks are Garcia and Griese. Unless you want to see multiple turnovers every week, Gruden has to be conservative.

And that is where the blame falls squarely on Jon's shoulders. He needs to find us a QB, and fast.

Why is it people "think" if we throw the ball up, it will be batted or Int'd? lol

#109 : December 15, 2008, 10:06:08 AM

I think he's justified in saying what he said, it was not in the media as I understand it, but
got picked up...   Dude's a competitor...

But this begs the question, If we win, does he still feel the same way?   I wonder if it is
all about him...

I hope we sign him long term ASAP.  Otherwise we'll lose a playmaker.  Bruce?

Madman

Hall of Famer
#110 : December 15, 2008, 10:26:23 AM

remember when we had Thomas Jones...the dude that has 15 tds for the Jets this year...the Bucs should resign Bryant right now ...don't wait till the end of the season.

A Thomas Jones-like free agency exit is exactly what could happen here.

Then we'll have to hear Bruce Allen say he never gave the Bucs a chance to sign him.

Antonio is the only playmaker this offense has. Better lock him up now.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#111 : December 15, 2008, 10:45:03 AM

But this begs the question, If we win, does he still feel the same way? I wonder if it is
all about him...

To me, that was clearly frustration b/c of a loss...His day stats-wise was great -- another day propelling him toward a big contract in the offseason...Seems like a guy who wants to win badly...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#112 : December 15, 2008, 11:40:05 AM

Gruden has played scared since coming to Tampa. That's his MO.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#113 : December 15, 2008, 02:12:06 PM

Dude has a right to be annoyed.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#114 : December 15, 2008, 02:29:35 PM

And because of that i think im just over his style of offense.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#115 : December 15, 2008, 02:33:48 PM

Dude has a right to be annoyed.
Yep.

#116 : December 15, 2008, 02:54:27 PM

Unfortunately...

I wouldn't call it scared, rather 'conservative'...  severe lack of elite talent here.

1st and 10 on the 12,  I understood the running and running the clock.  Both defenses
were tired.   That's conservative.  I also believe that's where AB lost it (a little...)

Stupid Penalties were the killer in this one.

Short memory engaged now.   We need some healthy players for Sunday.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#117 : December 15, 2008, 05:01:45 PM

Yep, they couldn't cover Bryant at all, kinda like when Calvin Johnson was owning Ronde and they just stopped going to him for some reason. [banghead]

Griese has issue's with throwing the ball further than 20yrds accurately...everyone except him and the WR needs to be off the playing field.

Sactobuc

Starter

#118 : December 16, 2008, 12:08:05 AM

he speaks the truth. he's the kind of personality this team craves. we need more guys like him.

and in the end, it will make him look like a butthole.

ala TO and every other loudmoth blowhard that has ever played in the NFL...

the more vocal this guy gets, the worse the situation will become...

he needs to shut his mouth when it comes to the media, man up, and discuss his concerns with players and coaches personally instead of blowing off steam to the media...

this could serisouly blow up soon if he doesn't get a handle on what he is saying...

Doubt that he'll be compared to a TO type, simply because he's only saying what EVRYONE sees.  TO cries but he has been thrown to more than Whitten, makes no sense, just TO cryin'.

Bryants complaints point to the fact that he wants to win and that he has a sense of when a team gives up, which is obviously not acceptable to him and many coaches crave that type of player (one that has the fire) His comments lead me to believe he understands that you play to win the game...

Thats the guy I want on my team, and if the Bucs franchise is samarter than they've shown lately, they'll make serious changes to become a consistently competitive team and take full advantage of the talent this guy lays on the field for them every Sunday.  I know I'm sick of watching the same ol' same ol'.

GO Antonio GO!!!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#119 : May 04, 2009, 03:20:15 PM

Bumping this thread because of a reference to it in another thread.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: antonio sums it up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools