Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: antonio sums it up « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 14, 2008, 08:20:27 PM

Not looking good for resigning Antonio..........from the sound of his comments.     He is right though.   I wish they would go out and wing it down the field. If it works great, if not, at least you tried.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 14, 2008, 08:20:43 PM

The guy comes off as a huge competitor - that isn't gonna scare anyone.  He is a player - if the buccs let him get away - well that will be a very bad day.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 14, 2008, 08:20:57 PM

Any big-time player would get PO'd if they experienced a full season of inept QB play and poor offfensive coaching the Bucs go thru year after year.  The last good receivers we had were Keyshawn and McCardell.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 14, 2008, 08:21:05 PM

he speaks the truth. he's the kind of personality this team craves. we need more guys like him.

and in the end, it will make him look like a butthole.

ala TO and every other loudmoth blowhard that has ever played in the NFL...

the more vocal this guy gets, the worse the situation will become...

he needs to shut his mouth when it comes to the media, man up, and discuss his concerns with players and coaches personally instead of blowing off steam to the media...

this could serisouly blow up soon if he doesn't get a handle on what he is saying...

fishman

Starter

#34 : December 14, 2008, 08:22:15 PM

Fire the canons...At Gruden!!!

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 14, 2008, 08:22:57 PM

It has been blowed up from the start, have you been watching the offense this season?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 14, 2008, 08:23:15 PM

ok, I give up, if you want this kind of business on the team, fine.

I love the guy, all I'm saying is that the situation could become volitile, and that is not going to help us in the long run...

I want to sign him to a long term deal RIGHT NOW!

just worried that the more he flaps his gums, the less likely that is gonna happen.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 14, 2008, 08:26:08 PM

someone needs to call gruden out, i happy to see antonio speak up

bryan12112

Starter

#38 : December 14, 2008, 08:26:19 PM

There's nothing to be afraid of, Antonio? I think there is when your quarterbacks are Garcia and Griese. Unless you want to see multiple turnovers every week, Gruden has to be conservative.

And that is where the blame falls squarely on Jon's shoulders. He needs to find us a QB, and fast.

jameswilder

Starter

#39 : December 14, 2008, 08:27:53 PM

wish the dude would just shut his mouth.

For what reason should the guy not speak his mind? Are you that passive?

him calling out anyone on the team, coaches included, isn't gonna solve any problems he thinks are there...

him calling out anyone on this team will lead to issues that will hurt the team.

if he feels a certain way, he can vocalize it all he wants behind closed doors, why do you think that him calling anyone out publically will help the situation?

Let's see, 100 yards, a score on seven catches in the first half, then nothing in the second half. I guess Bryant shouldn't speak out at all. He's had, I don't know, 16 catches for 308 yards and 3 touchdowns during 6 quarters of football in the last 2 games. And Galloway and Clayton have had what................
Bryant has been playing his azzzz off and deserves his opportunity to speak his mind.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 14, 2008, 08:29:20 PM

I love the guy, all I'm saying is that the situation could become volitile, and that is not going to help us in the long run...

We need some type of explosiveness associated with this offense!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#41 : December 14, 2008, 08:30:27 PM

"Why do we have to play scared?" Bryant said. "There ain't nothing to be afraid of."

That quote speaks volumes!!!
I like this guy. It's about time we have someone on this team with soem damn balls.

bryan12112

Starter

#42 : December 14, 2008, 08:32:44 PM

If a team wants to shut down a WR, they will. Teams will look elsewhere when their best target is getting double teamed. Look at what Randy Moss did down the stretch last season. Not a whole lot.

I like a player that will speak his mind. But he needs to do it quietly behind doors and he needs to be smart about it.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#43 : December 14, 2008, 08:33:18 PM

What I don't understand is that we absolutely dominated them the 1 drive by going for the throat and just not giving a damn. What happens after that? We stop.

ptbucs

Rookie

#44 : December 14, 2008, 08:33:40 PM

"Why do we have to play scared?" Bryant said. "There ain't nothing to be afraid of."

Great job, DBHit55. - That sums it up, perfectly.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: antonio sums it up « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools