Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all the talk about our back up DT's... « previous next »
Page: 1

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

: December 14, 2008, 10:08:38 PM

I think we may need to focus a bit more on our 4th overall DE.

To say the least I am becoming more disappointed in him by the game. I really like the kids freak athleticisim and I love his explosion. I liked the pick from day one.

However, how long will it be before someone holds him accountable for his mistakes. I do not understand why he makes the same mistake every single play. I get sick of watching him run around the pocket avoiding the OT every play. When is someone on this coaching staff or on this defense going to step up and demand more from him? I would assume that he along with the entire coaching staff can see this on tape. Again, why are we seeing absolutely no improvement? We need pass rush, he isn't even getting double teamed so we can't use the DT play as an excuse, it's time to get some pressure, or our defense will not improve.

I know, I'll be labeled a hater. Oh well, I'll live. Had to get that rant out a bit more.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 14, 2008, 10:10:15 PM

HATER!

I couldn't agree more.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 14, 2008, 10:11:42 PM

Do we even know he has freakish athleticism? If he had legit explosiveness he'd be able to turn the corner on these tackles and get to the quarterback. Maybe he needs to put on another 10 lbs and stick to bull rushing.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 14, 2008, 10:14:33 PM

His athleticism is evident in his first step and his coverage abilities.  However when he is rushing it's almost all straight-line with minimal moves.  I agree he could use more weight & strength, possibly followed by a full-time move to LDE.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 14, 2008, 10:14:57 PM

And actually today should have been the day for him to turn it on. Prior to today Adams was on 11.5 career sacks in 29 regular season games with 5 of them coming in 3 games against Atlanta.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 14, 2008, 10:18:19 PM

His athleticism is evident in his first step and his coverage abilities.  However when he is rushing it's almost all straight-line with minimal moves.  I agree he could use more weight & strength, possibly followed by a full-time move to LDE.
Is his first step really all that? It would seem if he was really getting off the ball that fast he'd be able to turn the corner and get the line to the quarterback. If tackles are able to keep up with him I have to question how explosive he is. And sure he can cover some, but considering players like DeMarcus Ware and Terrell Suggs are just as big or bigger and play linebacker full time, I'm not sure Adams' abilities are all that special.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 14, 2008, 10:23:11 PM

Is his first step really all that? It would seem if he was really getting off the ball that fast he'd be able to turn the corner and get the line to the quarterback. If tackles are able to keep up with him I have to question how explosive he is. And sure he can cover some, but considering players like DeMarcus Ware and Terrell Suggs are just as big or bigger and play linebacker full time, I'm not sure Adams' abilities are all that special.

Either his first step is lightning-quick, or he's jumping offsides (or damn close) almost every snap.  The reason he can't dominate with that is that the tackles know from tape exactly where he's going so there isn't that moment of uncertainty where they have to decide/react to a move to the inside or out.

I think that Suggs and Ware are good comparisons for coverage.  Obviously much better at pass-rushing.  I think that all things being equal, Adams would be more productive as a 3-4 rush OLB

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With all the talk about our back up DT's... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools