Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown Quote from St. Pete's Times... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: December 15, 2008, 09:43:32 AM

Luke was the most productive QB in the preseason games.

Oh well, that's something then. Let us all fall to our knees and begin worshiping the preseason god. JC510 can lead the chant.

The same thing was said about EG...

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 15, 2008, 08:11:48 AM

McCown blindsided by Gruden's decision

The Bucs arrived at the Georgia Dome hoping QB Jeff Garcia could shake off his calf injury and play. When that wasn't the case, backup Luke McCown expected to get the call. Surprisingly, that call went to Brian Griese. No one was more shocked than McCown. "From what I understood, I was going to play, and just before the game, (coach Jon Gruden) went with Brian. I guess he felt like … I don't know. I don't want to speak for anybody. But that's how it happened." McCown, who took the majority of snaps with the starting offense last week, added, "I love playing for this team, and I was ready to play. I had a great week of practice. Again, it's the same story since last year. I'll do whatever I have to do to help this team. That was the route he wanted to go, so what are you going to do?"

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#2 : December 15, 2008, 08:20:35 AM

Great, so the guy who took the majority of reps in practice, the guy who didn't recently have an elbow injury, the guy who was able to throw a football for the last 2 months was benched?

bucwildfan

Starter

#3 : December 15, 2008, 08:24:31 AM

I feel bad for this kid. Alot of people here hate this guy or don't like him for whatever reason. I know he makes mistakes but those can get corrected. The guy fits for Grudens offense he's tall mobile/accurate/good arm and he's young. What does it take to become the starting QB for Tampa? Maybe Bradshaw was right, he wouldn't want to play for gruden since he shows no loyalty not even to his QB. I'm not trying to talk trash about Gruden but it's true his inconsistency at the QB position falls heavily on him for not developing or getting 1 for long term. I hate the fact that we went with an injured Brian Griese and he made all the mistakes people accuse Mccown of doing. You guys can go ahead and judge Mccown play if he has 1 full season under his belt. But we'll never find out what he is made of because of stupid decisions to go with garbage.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#4 : December 15, 2008, 08:36:54 AM

I feel bad for this kid. Alot of people here hate this guy or don't like him for whatever reason. I know he makes mistakes but those can get corrected. The guy fits for Grudens offense he's tall mobile/accurate/good arm and he's young. What does it take to become the starting QB for Tampa? Maybe Bradshaw was right, he wouldn't want to play for gruden since he shows no loyalty not even to his QB. I'm not trying to talk trash about Gruden but it's true his inconsistency at the QB position falls heavily on him for not developing or getting 1 for long term. I hate the fact that we went with an injured Brian Griese and he made all the mistakes people accuse Mccown of doing. You guys can go ahead and judge Mccown play if he has 1 full season under his belt. But we'll never find out what he is made of because of stupid decisions to go with garbage.

Amen. That was an awful decision yesterday.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#5 : December 15, 2008, 08:42:12 AM

Seriously wth is wrong with Gruden??? I can't believe how bad he is at managing his players sometimes.

#6 : December 15, 2008, 08:44:57 AM

Definite head scratcher...   Got to be something we don't know.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 15, 2008, 08:48:53 AM

or maybe it should be ..whats wrong with Luke.

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 15, 2008, 08:49:39 AM

McCown blindsided by Gruden's decision

The Bucs arrived at the Georgia Dome hoping QB Jeff Garcia could shake off his calf injury and play. When that wasn't the case, backup Luke McCown expected to get the call. Surprisingly, that call went to Brian Griese. No one was more shocked than McCown. "From what I understood, I was going to play, and just before the game, (coach Jon Gruden) went with Brian. I guess he felt like … I don't know how to play QB in this league. I don't want to speak for anybody. But that's how it happened." McCown, who took the majority of snaps with the starting offense last week, added, "I love playing for this team, and I was ready to play. I had a great week of practice. Again, it's the same story since last year. I'll do whatever I have to do to help this team. That was the route he wanted to go, so what are you going to do?"

I think that's more apropos.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : December 15, 2008, 08:53:15 AM

or maybe it should be ..whats wrong with Luke.

Luke as been the #2 all season, and was given the majority of reps last week...that is what makes this so strange.  What botheres me about Gruden right now isn't so much starting Griese over McCown, but how he went about it. He should have been straightforward with his QBs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 15, 2008, 08:53:49 AM

if gruden doesnt think mccown can play QB in this league, why is he wasting a roster spot?  why was he getting griese's reps in practice this past week?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 15, 2008, 08:55:41 AM

Gruden said in his press conference that Griese was cleared to play ten days ago.  Nothing should have been a surprise. 

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#12 : December 15, 2008, 08:56:56 AM

I thought this was a terrible decision.  All I can do is shake my head.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 15, 2008, 09:00:51 AM

Good post...of all the decisions everyone wants to saddle Gruden with, this one is the most legitimate...

Gruden felt more comfortable with Griese back there yesterday...for the first time to me it looked like JG could go into next year with Griese as the starting QB... :(

#14 : December 15, 2008, 09:46:00 AM

Luke was the most productive QB in the preseason games.

Oh well, that's something then. Let us all fall to our knees and begin worshiping the preseason god. JC510 can lead the chant.

The same thing was said about EG...

The same thing is also said about the waterboy. You want to stick him in and see how he does? We'll never know unless we give him a chance!

The I.Q. around this place drops twenty points after every loss.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown Quote from St. Pete's Times... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools