Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown Quote from St. Pete's Times... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Badabing

Hall of Famer

« #150 : December 15, 2008, 06:50:14 PM »

or maybe it should be ..whats wrong with Luke.

Luke as been the #2 all season, and was given the majority of reps last week...that is what makes this so strange.  What botheres me about Gruden right now isn't so much starting Griese over McCown, but how he went about it. He should have been straightforward with his QBs.

Reason why Luke has been #2 is because Gruden didn't want the 2 QBs he thinks our the best on the roster, Garcia and Griese, to have to look over their shoulders during games and worry about being taken out.  I think its pretty obvious that was the case.

Garcia got "injured" and Griese took over as starter.  Garcia was #3 until Griese's second consecutive game of 3 INTs, in which case Gruden bumped him up to #2 saying Griese....you need to look over your shoulder now..its not just Luke McCown.

Well once Garcia regained the role, the "INJURED" Brian Griese took over as #3, until Garcia got injured(no quotes needed this time) and shockily Griese started this past Sunday.

It doesn't take a havard grad to figure that one out.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #151 : December 15, 2008, 06:59:14 PM »

If the whispers about Allen favoring McCown as our future QB are true then it's squarely on Gruden if he doesn't come back.

Allen was a big fan of Michael Bennett as well, and he was sent packing.

I think we all know what the answer is.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

« #152 : December 15, 2008, 06:59:54 PM »

if its even somewhat close between 2 guys, gruden will always go with the vet over the young guy in any position battle.  given his history we shouldnt be surprised.  disappointed but not surprised.  

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

« #153 : December 15, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »

Gruden said in his press conference that Griese was cleared to play ten days ago.  Nothing should have been a surprise.  

if griese was cleared to play 10 days ago, why wasnt he getting the reps in practice?

and why did no one know about him being ready to go??

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #154 : December 15, 2008, 08:41:26 PM »

Luke should have been in this game. There is no question he should have started. I don't care if Griese played the Falcons in week 2. I dont care if Griese was 10-2 going into that game. Luke gave this team the BEST OPPORTUNITY to win yesterday. He was the most prepared quarterback heading into the game, taking the reps in practice.

Gruden should be ashamed of himself. He needs to reevaluate his ego and go with the right decision sometimes. The right decision is to not play scared and go with what is best for the team. Luke is best for the team with Garcia out at this point in the season... Griese is a piece of $*@%

4bucs

Hall of Famer
« #155 : December 15, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »

its to bad you guys that want Luke were not coachs...wonder which ones Scott said was in Lukes corner....it was close though until Griese took his arm out of the sling and threw it 2 or 3 times....do you simps not get it ...does a building have to fall on you...the only way he plays is if both VETS are in wheel chairs...the qb of the future...is Josh Johnson...not Luke.

blitz

Pro Bowler
« #156 : December 15, 2008, 10:11:20 PM »

Bruce Allen is shaking his head.  So are the Glazers.   They like McCown.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #157 : December 15, 2008, 10:45:25 PM »

Bruce Allen is shaking his head.  So are the Glazers. They like McCown.

"I like Jenny. I like her A-LOT."

« #158 : December 15, 2008, 10:58:12 PM »

Maybe Luke got a lot of the reps and was awful in practice and the intention was Garcia would be fine come game day. And maybe, just maybe, Garcia opted out and left the team with the decision, Luke (awful all week and all camp) or Griese. (3-1 as a starter).

« #159 : December 15, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »

if its even somewhat close between 2 guys, gruden will always go with the vet over the young guy in any position battle. given his history we shouldnt be surprised. disappointed but not surprised.

That's right RPC, I think it's as simple as Jon wanting his vets in there.

In all fairness to ADW there was a video of either a Jon Gruden PC or interview after practice on the official site, about mid-season, and Jon stated that Zuttah was the back up swing tackle.

In fairess to Biggs, the only time I remember seeing Mahan come in during normal formations was when Zuttah was starting for an injured Sears, Davin had just come back as a starter from his injury and had to sit out a few snaps. Mahan went in for him.

« #160 : December 16, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »

bump
  Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown Quote from St. Pete's Times... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools