Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown Quote from St. Pete's Times... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 15, 2008, 09:27:48 AM

Joe, can't we make that assumption from yesterday's events? If McCown had anything we would have played him.

The sad part is that a LOT of folks on this board are clueless. And refuse to admit it.

you want to assume AND call people clueless?  and why isnt the headcoach, OC, and QB coach telling mccown he DID NOT have a great week of practice, if indeed he did not.  and if he DID NOT have a good week of practice, why wasnt griese getting more reps?

Yes I do. I do have a candidate for your next HC though...

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 15, 2008, 09:29:26 AM

From the Sporting News:

There is a chance the team won't have QB Jeff Garcia again Sunday against San Diego. Garcia has a lower calf injury and couldn't go Sunday at Atlanta. The Bucs hope rest will allow him to return but after aggravating the injury in practice last Thursday, chances are Garcia will miss at least one more game. Should Garcia remain out, look for the team to stick with Brian Griese as its starter. Luke McCown is healthier and has a stronger arm, but Jon Gruden likes Griese's maturity.[/b]

In other words, he's going with the vet...

McCown haters can try to spin it however they want to, but it's no different than it's been the last two years...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 15, 2008, 09:29:55 AM

Ten freakin' points. Luke certainly wouldn't have done any worse.

Link?

Snake, can't we make that assumption from yesterday's events? Griese was a statue. Could Luke have been
any more inept at avoiding the sacks?

The sad part is that a LOT of folks on this board refuse to direct any criticism at our coach.

And no, I am not calling for a coaching change right now.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#33 : December 15, 2008, 09:32:05 AM

Gruden choose experience over health and I understand the decision but ultimately it was the wrong one.  If the Bucs recover the fumble in OT, then drive down the field and kick the FG, then he looks a lot smarter than he does today..but that didnt happen and now he has to answer for it.  It was a tough decision but I think McCown's mobility would have been the difference yesterday

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 15, 2008, 09:32:22 AM

From the Sporting News:

There is a chance the team won't have QB Jeff Garcia again Sunday against San Diego. Garcia has a lower calf injury and couldn't go Sunday at Atlanta. The Bucs hope rest will allow him to return but after aggravating the injury in practice last Thursday, chances are Garcia will miss at least one more game. Should Garcia remain out, look for the team to stick with Brian Griese as its starter. Luke McCown is healthier and has a stronger arm, but Jon Gruden likes Griese's maturity.[/b]

In other words, he's going with the vet...

McCown haters can try to spin it however they want to, but it's no different than it's been the last two years...

Nothing to spin. Gruden loves Griese's ability to audible into the correct plays. It worked wonders for us
yesterday. Right?

Audibles are great if the QB doesn't have to strain to throw the ball more than 20 yards down the field
and when he can avoid any type of rush with minimal scrambling. Griese can't do either.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 15, 2008, 09:33:11 AM

sorry...here's the link for those requesting:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article938096.ece

it's not the headline but about 2/3 down the page.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 15, 2008, 09:34:31 AM

Joe, can't we make that assumption from yesterday's events? If McCown had anything we would have played him.

The sad part is that a LOT of folks on this board are clueless. And refuse to admit it.

you want to assume AND call people clueless?  and why isnt the headcoach, OC, and QB coach telling mccown he DID NOT have a great week of practice, if indeed he did not.  and if he DID NOT have a good week of practice, why wasnt griese getting more reps?

Yes I do. I do have a candidate for your next HC though...

CLASSIC!!

#37 : December 15, 2008, 09:34:34 AM

I feel bad for this kid. A lot of people here hate this guy or don't like him for whatever reason.

It's not McCown that they don't like, it's his legions of fanboys who keep pimping him as the next Brady, when in fact he's never done a damned thing.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 15, 2008, 09:35:13 AM

Luke was the most productive QB in the preseason games. Garcia and Griese have a combined 18 sacks in the last 4 games. Luke is clearly more mobile. His field vision and accuracy at deep throws is superior to either of them. Game experience is all he lacks and Gruden is afraid to give it to him. Luke should pick a HC with some vision and guts. Gruden is too conservative and cautious. We will be stuck with Garcia, Griese, and Johnson, next year, and Johnson will never see the field in a regular season game unless they are on IR and Vinny rejects Gruden's offer.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 15, 2008, 09:35:58 AM

I feel bad for this kid. A lot of people here hate this guy or don't like him for whatever reason.

It's not McCown that they don't like, it's his legions of fanboys who keep pimping him as the next Brady, when in fact he's never done a damned thing.

...except he won his important division matchup on the road last year...

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 15, 2008, 09:38:10 AM

Insert Gruden or Luke....your choice...lol

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

#41 : December 15, 2008, 09:38:25 AM

Luke was the most productive QB in the preseason games.

Oh well, that's something then. Let us all fall to our knees and begin worshiping the preseason god. JC510 can lead the chant.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 15, 2008, 10:16:40 AM

The crazy thing is Griese's stat line from yesterday -- 26-37, 269 yds., 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks -- is what some apparently have a visceral disgust about McCown for...

Garcia has been doing the same thing...But the mere mention of Luke McCown screams "career backup" to some...Give the guy the # of starts GarciaGriese have had and let's see if he's the same "mediocre" QB some claim he is...

#43 : December 15, 2008, 10:16:24 AM

Come on, Snake. Explain to me why a place holder is getting half of the snaps.

Because Gruden gave him every chance to show that he deserved the start but he didn't get it done?

Snake Pliskin

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 15, 2008, 09:41:40 AM

Preseason? We talking bout preseason? Not a game, Preseason?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown Quote from St. Pete's Times... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools