Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Disgusting NFL Penalty... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

: October 01, 2006, 10:59:37 PM

I don't know about your thoughts on this, but I'm pretty much fed up with this particular Penalty. The "Unsportsman like conduct " penalty, in which A player is not aloud to excessively celebrate their scoring Touchdown, or whatever game changing moment play the player created. I think it's ridiculous and believe they should change the penatly. It's one thing to Taunt your opponent then to just celebrate a great moment in the game. Penalties that should be considered an " Unsportsman like conduct " should be one that is result in a brawl between players, or if the player taunts another .

Other then that let the players celebrate for crying out loud....geeeesh

I saw the Jaguar game today and the Jags were called on a stoohpid penatly for celebrating in the end zone, it was a very stoohpid call.

What other penalties other than the above mentioned should be changed?

BP1

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 01, 2006, 11:33:57 PM

I don't think Will Allen should have got a taunting against Steve Smith in the last game. All he did was just yell something at him. Last time I checked these guys make tons of money and are very much grown. I think the taunting rule should be like if they make a big hit and then stand over the player saying things to him.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#2 : October 01, 2006, 11:41:27 PM

Exactly BP, that's what I'm referring too. The rules are Overzealous and can easily change the momentum of the game.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : October 01, 2006, 11:48:38 PM

I see a ridiculuous penalty in just about every game. The officiating in the NFL has gotten out of hand.....That call against the Jags was horrible. it could have, and probably did,easily changed the outcome of the game....The Will Allen call I will never understand. I guess talking some trash for .5 seconds is worth a flag, but driving a QB into the ground late and so hard that his spleen ruptures isn't [banghead] 2 calls that altered the outcome of that game.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#4 : October 02, 2006, 12:36:57 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who voices their  disgust about the ridiculous amounts of penalites called in games. Hopefully, the new commisioner will change that soon.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 02, 2006, 01:52:28 AM

I don't think Will Allen should have got a taunting against Steve Smith in the last game. All he did was just yell something at him. Last time I checked these guys make tons of money and are very much grown. I think the taunting rule should be like if they make a big hit and then stand over the player saying things to him.

He turned around and made contact with his helmet after the play in which he wasn't involved with.   Whatever the verbal exchange included it was the contact that caused the flag.  He made a stupid decision and should know better.  The same penalty has been called for much less. 

captain jack

Pro Bowler
#6 : October 02, 2006, 10:12:20 AM

As far as celebrations go, it seems players are only allowed to celebrate when they sign their contract and when they receive their paychecks. Other than that, they can only show their emotion in the lockerroom.  The taunting penalty is a joke. Is the NFL afraid that someones feelings might get hurt on the field?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 02, 2006, 10:23:19 AM

Leaping. Leaping should be changed.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : October 02, 2006, 04:11:05 PM

Stupid penalties are one thing--how about flagrant penalties that aren't called?? [banghead]

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 02, 2006, 05:46:47 PM

The excessive celebration penalty IS ridiculous, especially considering how often these "celebrations" are shown and re-shown on sportscasts and highlight clips. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 02, 2006, 06:41:54 PM

I like the celebrations.

Itis the taunting that irritates me.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 02, 2006, 07:21:39 PM

I personally think that the penalty on the player who step on the Dallas player should have been more....IMO....OBD

BP1

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 02, 2006, 10:49:35 PM

He turned around and made contact with his helmet after the play in which he wasn't involved with. Whatever the verbal exchange included it was the contact that caused the flag. He made a stupid decision and should know better. The same penalty has been called for much less.

I still say let the players win and lose games with their play. We don't buy tickets to watch the refs make dead ball calls. If a player does the Titan Dallas head dance then they can step in.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#13 : October 02, 2006, 11:10:01 PM

I still say let the players win and lose games with their play. We don't buy tickets to watch the refs make dead ball calls. If a player does the Titan Dallas head dance then they can step in.

Exactly, that's what is so frustrating because constantly the Refs are determining the End Game and I'm sick of it. What would've happened if the "Illegal Block Call" Nece supposably made on Dunn was not called? Refs have a HUGE POWER over any game and can easily kill the momentum and eventually kill the game.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 02, 2006, 11:40:49 PM

Exactly, that's what is so frustrating because constantly the Refs are determining the End Game and I'm sick of it. What would've happened if the "Illegal Block Call" Nece supposably made on Dunn was not called? Refs have a HUGE POWER over any game and can easily kill the momentum and eventually kill the game.

How about the ones they call, then they show the replay and you don't see what they called. It makes you wonder are they cheating or just hoping it was a penalty.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Disgusting NFL Penalty... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools