Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scouts Inc. Mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#30 : January 10, 2007, 09:06:58 PM

Yes he's a project. He did earn his way into the starting line-up this season don't get me wrong. But Gruden doesn't know whether to keep him at receiver or move him to tight end. And he only cracked the line-up with glass Jaw Clayton got injured again. And to but all hopes of an option at receiver on Stovall is ridiculous to say the least. Bring on CJ, bring on Thomas, bring on someone who'll make an impact on this pathetic offense. There is no defensive player worth a top 5 pick IMO. As nice as it would be to have Adams or Anderson.

Is it me do 2nd year players in Gruden's offense have numbers go down? Besides Galloway or McCardell the list is pretty big....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 10, 2007, 09:59:27 PM

Stovall is a project? Um no. He was a rookie though.... :D

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 10, 2007, 10:13:06 PM

Justice and McNeil at the time were too risky. We had an inside view on Justice through Lane Kiffen, Burns and Franklin who all reinforced the doubts over Justice's work ethic. McNeil's spinal stenosis was a massive question mark too, and so great a risk that only a team that was one or two players away from being able to seek a championship (ie. Chargers) could take.

I don't disagree with you much but keep in mind we were 11-5 and many thought the only thing holding us back was an elite LT. We had aspirations of going all the way. Granted it would take a LT a year maybe to get acclimated but McNeil has been really good as rookie thus far.

Baghead #2

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 10, 2007, 10:59:37 PM

It has us passing on Joe Thomas and Gaines Adams to take Calvin Johnson on the principle that despite our bigger needs, he's just too good.

Good luck with that on draft day.  Franchise left tackles don't come around often and they never hit FA.

Never pass on LTs EVER because they always work out.

Signed,
      The Oakland Raiders

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 11, 2007, 12:10:27 AM

There is no way, no way in hell that the Browns pass on Thomas if they pick at #3. Their offensive line is even worse than ours.

In that situation, it will leave us a choice between Brady Quinn and Calvin Johnson.

Adams will go to Detroit, and Russell will go to Oakland.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 11, 2007, 12:16:45 AM

It has us passing on Joe Thomas and Gaines Adams with the 4th pick to take Calvin Johnson on the principle that despite our bigger needs, he's just too good.

One of our biggest needs is receiver. It might be THE biggest need. You think defensive end is a bigger than receiver? The Bucs have the option of resigning Dewayne White. They're keeping a pro-bowl calibar player in Rice. What do the Bucs have at receiver?

A 36 year old main option who showed signs of slowing down towards the end of the season.
An injury prone 3rd year starter thanks to his reckless style of play.
A project of a receiver who was had in the third round.

Receiver is a VERY big need of the Bucs. And when a talent this sure falls to you, you don't pass it up on what "could" be a good left tackle or defensive end. Johnson is built like Gruden would want a protypcial WCO receiver to be, and he's a freak of nature with all the class in the world. He'd be great for the organization. I have no problems if the Bucs chose Thomas, Gaines, or Anderson, but don't discredit receiver not being a need. If Johnson is there I can't see why Gruden would pass on him. He's going to be smitten with him after the combine IMO. Oh and the fact that Gruden is an offensive coach.

Ummm... I didn't discredit reciever being a need.  Scouts Inc did.  read the posts and then reply, in that order.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 11, 2007, 12:33:01 AM

Most of the mocks have us passing on Joe Thomas. And that is for one reason, "the Bucs need playmakers on offense."

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#37 : January 11, 2007, 01:43:35 AM

Stovall is a project? Um no. He was a rookie though....

Even if he's not. Is anyone truely comfortable with the receiver position on this offense? Galloway is good as gone in a year or two. He's also prone to injury. Clatyon is injury prone. So it leaves Stovall. I like the kid. He's just not going to light up the leaque like some people think IMO. Even so, why pass up the best playmaker of the draft? It's like passing on LT to pick Leonard Davis, Gerard Warren, or Justin Smith....

#38 : January 11, 2007, 01:53:39 AM

Stovall is a project? Um no. He was a rookie though....

Even if he's not. Is anyone truely comfortable with the receiver position on this offense? Galloway is good as gone in a year or two. He's also prone to injury. Clatyon is injury prone. So it leaves Stovall. I like the kid. He's just not going to light up the leaque like some people think IMO. Even so, why pass up the best playmaker of the draft? It's like passing on LT to pick Leonard Davis, Gerard Warren, or Justin Smith....

Really, it also leaves Hilliard who is a good #3 and still has a few years left imo.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 11, 2007, 09:06:07 AM

Most of the mocks have us passing on Joe Thomas. And that is for one reason, "the Bucs need playmakers on offense."

It is amazing how many more plays you make when your RB is blocked for and your QB isn't getting his spleen beaten out of him.

Like I said, you watch Gruden's PC after the CHI loss was it and the way he went nuts about how "Jim Brown couldn't run for 48 yards behind this line" and you should cast your mind back to the way he lost it about how "We will run the ball" after 2004 and then lo and behold we draft an RB to make the run game go. I mean you saw the frustration all over him.

Do we need WR's, yes. No doubt but over the long haul the LOT helps make the current WR's look better, the current QB and the high dollar RB look better - and before you say WR's do that ask AZ how well they can run the ball with all those cool WR's and really great RB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

pmcd95

Practice Squad

#40 : January 11, 2007, 09:14:44 AM

I just don't see Bruce Allen or Gruden making the wrong pick after coaching the Senior Bowl.
You can't be serious...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 11, 2007, 09:19:46 AM

It has us passing on Joe Thomas and Gaines Adams to take Calvin Johnson on the principle that despite our bigger needs, he's just too good.

Good luck with that on draft day. Franchise left tackles don't come around often and they never hit FA.

Signed,
 The Oakland Raiders

Sunny, you can go down the long list and practically every single position and say well this guy was a bust. Fact is this, you cannot win if you aren't willing to lose. We need that franchise LT and in order to get one you have to pick one...

Baghead #2

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#42 : January 11, 2007, 09:32:19 AM

Good luck with that on draft day. Franchise left tackles don't come around often and they never hit FA.

Signed,
 The Oakland Raiders

Sunny, you can go down the long list and practically every single position and say well this guy was a bust. Fact is this, you cannot win if you aren't willing to lose. We need that franchise LT and in order to get one you have to pick one...

On top of that, has anyone realized that Gallery has had a different OL Coach every year since he entered the league and he's about to have another NEW OL coach? Sometimes bad coaching can ruin potential. Which is exactly why we need to rid ourselves of Muir.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 11, 2007, 10:08:25 AM

Cerious, great point!

Baghead #2

acacius

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 11, 2007, 11:33:39 AM

Signed,
 The Oakland Raiders

And by that logic, the Bengals should have passed on Palmer because of Akili Smith.  When it comes down to it, you have to trust your scouts to know what they're doing.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scouts Inc. Mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools