Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

« #30 : December 15, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »

Keeponbucn,

LOL

There is a level of loathing in which you and others take too far. We all have complaints about the HC but there's a level of straight crazy that you all go to which waters down your POV. You have good points they're just marinated in personal hate. Big difference
Yeah, I "Hate" seeing my team chuckled at by talking heads. I hate underachieving, I hate losing games we should win. I hate not having an offense for the second decade. I hate that the coach that is responsible for all this is here, because of a fraudulent reputation. I hate that people like you longed for a "Big Name" head coach so badly, you are afraid to let him go.  I want to love my head coach. I want to love the fact that my team overachieves. I want to love to see my team beat the Broncos horrible defense, the Cowboys in disarray with Brad Johnson at QB, the Falcons rookie QB. I want to love watching my team earn respect on Thanksgiving and Monday night football.  Unfortunately, Jon Gruden has made that all impossible. I used to fight tooth and nail with haters who used to say Gruden won the SuperBowl with Dungy's team. Now I agree with them.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #31 : December 15, 2008, 04:27:42 PM »

Eventually what a coaches did in the past is just that, old news. It is all about what have they done lately. Lately is has been more of the same old horrid offensive output.

presently we're hte defending NFC South Champs and 9-5 with a very good shot at the playoffs ....

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #32 : December 15, 2008, 04:28:51 PM »

Currently the team is not in the playoffs and when was the last time the Bucs won a playoff game?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

tajik_buc

Starter

« #33 : December 15, 2008, 04:30:23 PM »

See, I don't hate him, and I don't want him fired.  Maybe an intervention is in order though...stress the need for an OC, a different offensive philosophy.  Developing a QB instead of going back to the same old tired well over and over and over

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

« #34 : December 15, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »

See, I don't hate him, and I don't want him fired.  Maybe an intervention is in order though...stress the need for an OC, a different offensive philosophy.  Developing a QB instead of going back to the same old tired well over and over and over
Yeah, because after 7 seasons, he's just going to start doing all this. Are you people crazy?

tajik_buc

Starter

« #35 : December 15, 2008, 04:33:38 PM »

See, I don't hate him, and I don't want him fired. �Maybe an intervention is in order though...stress the need for an OC, a different offensive philosophy. �Developing a QB instead of going back to the same old tired well over and over and over
Yeah, because after 7 seasons, he's just going to start doing all this. Are you people crazy?

Hell, I can hope can't I?  Heck with Christmas right around the corner, never know what Santa might bring...(I know, I'm screwed...) [banghead]

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #36 : December 15, 2008, 05:19:41 PM »

Gruden just wont change his thinking at all,look how long it took to use the shotgun. How did he get jerry rice and tim brown on the field at the same time? other teams do it,have their best WR on the field.

As long as we have weak arm QB's dinking and dunking we ale be faced with 8 9 guys in the box thus killing and making it harder on our running game

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #37 : December 15, 2008, 05:34:10 PM »

Currently the team is not in the playoffs and when was the last time the Bucs won a playoff game?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
« #38 : December 15, 2008, 05:41:16 PM »

year 2003, but it was the 2002 season, so it has been 5 season going on 6

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #39 : December 15, 2008, 05:47:05 PM »

The last win came in 2003, I answered your question ....

3 out of 4 playoff appearances (assuming this year, which really doesn't change your argument so I'll go with it)  including a division title while rebuilding ...  I think starting over right now is stupid ... sorry

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 15, 2008, 05:49:28 PM »

It's a fact, no question. Dungy was ran out because he couldn't win in the playoffs and Gruden should be no different.

I'd like to let it play out first before coming to any concrete conclusions on this season. If the team goes to the playoffs and beats the Cardinals then loses in the next round I'm sure everyone's hate won't simply go away.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #41 : December 15, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »

Me personally no...but I thought why not give the reasonings for it some credence, does it make sense to you?

I jus think if we start from scratch it will be years before we get into the playoffs again imo.

Is that what happened after Dungy?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #42 : December 15, 2008, 06:17:52 PM »

3 out of 4 playoff appearances (assuming this year, which really doesn't change your argument so I'll go with it)  including a division title while rebuilding ...  I think starting over right now is stupid ... sorry
Are the Bucs really rebuilding?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

« #43 : December 15, 2008, 07:07:50 PM »

Me personally no...but I thought why not give the reasonings for it some credence, does it make sense to you?

I jus think if we start from scratch it will be years before we get into the playoffs again imo.
You mean like the how many years it took the Dolphins to go from 1-15 to possible AFC East champ? Get a clue little boy.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

« #44 : December 15, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »

You mean like the how many years it took the Dolphins to go from 1-15 to possible AFC East champ? Get a clue little boy.

So please explain your take better,  if you can, i'm not sure you even know what you are talking about......
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools