Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#75 : December 16, 2008, 11:33:07 AM

and that thought just keeps spinning (and might have some validity) although I've seen Gruden learn from
mistakes and correct them.

That said, in my opinion - he's making due with what he can get at QB... �and when for whatever reason
he doesn't get his guy, he props him up in the media, as would any coach.

I will say, that if he doesn't get an elite QB, that will spell the end of his tenure in TB. � I believe he's a good
coach and if he does leave (and I don't prognasticate much) he'll be snapped up by a team with a talented
QB and make us all dog about letting him go. �My opinion.
Of course he will be snatched up. That doesn't mean he's a good coach. Dave Wansdedt was snatch up again. **CENSORED** Juron, even Norv freaking Turning keeps getting hired. Jim Mora is already the successor in Seattle. What is you point? Just because Gruden gets hired again doesn't mean he's good.

What mistakes has he learned from that you elude to? Other than the shot gun. Which has been reported that Jeff Garcia told Gruden he wouldn't come to Tampa unless he could use the shotgun.

#76 : December 16, 2008, 11:36:36 AM

My point is that we'll regret letting him go (especially if he goes to a team with a talented QB) because I believe that's what we are missing...

Add to that fact, with a new coach, it's MUCH more likely that we'll spend quite a few seasons at < .500, rebuilding.

Simple really.

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#77 : December 16, 2008, 11:39:56 AM

My point is that we'll regret letting him go (especially if he goes to a team with a talented QB) because I believe that's what we are missing...

Add to that fact, with a new coach, it's MUCH more likely that we'll spend quite a few seasons at < .500, rebuilding.

Simple really.
I believe we are missing just a QB also. But I have no confidence in Gruden to go get us a nice young potential franchise QB, or cultivate a young drafted QB. Anyone who still believes this should have been paying attention Sunday when he made the choice to go with the old washed up vet instead of the young kid with tons of potential. He stated it was because Griese gave us the best chance to win......it certainly did look that way to me. Our defense gave us the best chance to win, and Gruden's offense didn't hold up their end of the bargain again.

#78 : December 16, 2008, 11:49:50 AM

I agree with you DJL on almost all of that...

I'm going to believe that Gruden see's the writing on the wall.  (I'm sitting on the other side of that seesaw from you.) If he
doesn't change the QB approach, he'll be leaving.  There are so many reasons for taking a flyer on a rookie or young QB with physical AND mental skills for this offense (ticket sales, effective offense, etc.)  I also think our D is going to take a hit in 09 with retirements
and lack of a pass rush.

Sunday's choice of QB was poor.   It was the first decision that only a HC can make, that Gruden made that I could not
see the logic in...   If it ain't Garcia this year, it has to be Luke.  Our fanbase needs a shot in the arm, stat.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 16, 2008, 11:50:35 AM

Simple really.
Sometimes it is worth bottoming out so you can later reach the top. The two years the Bucs bottomed out they weren't able to get that Manning, McNabb, Peppers, Tomlinson-esque franchise saver to rescue them. The Bucs have to be careful they're not entering an era of chronic above averageness with no access to next level players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Thoughts... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools