Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Antonio Bryant be a Buc next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gdavis

Starter

#30 : December 16, 2008, 01:39:55 PM

He will be back.  Other teams aren't going to throw an insane amount at him after one year. 

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

techstar25

Starter

#31 : December 16, 2008, 01:43:38 PM

It would be different if Galloway had any gas left in the tank but he doesn't. Galloway is finished here in Tampa Bay.

If they let Bryant walk then they'll have to go out and sign a big time free agent WR anyway to fill his position, and be the #1 guy. So they might as well just pony up the cash for Bryant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.

Jbuc5

Practice Squad

#32 : December 16, 2008, 02:22:35 PM

I think he will stay, but it will depend on what other moves the Bucs happen to make in the offseason.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 16, 2008, 02:23:21 PM

He'll be back, no doubt about it.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#34 : December 16, 2008, 02:35:51 PM

He is the only reliable thing this offense has right now. The Bucs tag him if they have to.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#35 : December 16, 2008, 03:12:00 PM

Here is the full piece....

ATLANTA - Bucs receiver Antonio Bryant had nearly reached the losing locker room at the Georgia Dome when he turned around and headed back toward the field where the Bucs lost in overtime to the Falcons for no good reason. He paced back and forth. Teammate Michael Clayton ran him down. Bryant slapped at a box.

It was more than the fact that Bryant caught seven balls for 106 yards in the first half and just one for two yards after that.

"Why do we have to play scared?" Bryant said. "There ain't nothing to be afraid of."

You assume that this is a comment about the play calling, but if you notice he says why do WE play scared. A week earlier Bryant said that he team needed to play these last few games like they were playoff games (elimination games) and not worry about what the other teams were doing. Bryant also menioned that the team needed  to not be afraid of the other teams on the field. Bryant has also commented on being frustrated at not receiving the ball, even though the tape has clearly shown him running free. If you add all that together you can clearly see that Bryant is frustrated with his teammates mistakes. Offensive line penalties in the redzone are mistakes that you can define as playing scared. Redzone ineptitude is playing scraed. Not getting any push in the running game is playing scared. Not throwing the ball his way in the second half after throwing an INT is playing scared. Bryant can clearly see that Gruden is trying to use him as a weapon, I highly doubt his comments were directed at the coaches.

#36 : December 16, 2008, 03:14:00 PM

Good Post Cerious.  Can't fault the logic.

Dash Riprock

Starter

#37 : December 16, 2008, 03:16:07 PM

The Gruden love is too strong here. I can't wait until the guy gets fired. Then we won't have a team that gets laughed at on National TV, then goes out and proves all those who laughed right.

Your Gruden hate is too much, man...I don't know what the heck he was thinking either with the QB decision Sunday...well I do know, but...

You honestly should be happy to see Brian Griese out there as QB b/c he just might be the downfall of Jon Gruden in Tampa...
If Gruden would only do what he was brought here to do. We paid a hefty price for a mediocre offense and bad personnel decisions.

I thought personnel decisions were BA's territory

fishman

Starter

#38 : December 16, 2008, 03:17:05 PM

how much will Bryant cost next year? is Galloway a FA after this year? i ask because of $ implications not because i expect him to 'be back'.

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

#39 : December 16, 2008, 03:22:33 PM

it depends on if Allen can find enough 7th rounders, undrafted FAs, or players in the Areana league....    I dont see the Bucs spending the money for the most productive WR in FA this year. 

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#40 : December 16, 2008, 03:24:47 PM

Good Post Cerious. Can't fault the logic.

Of course you can't, LOL!

Antonio Bryant would excel in this system, anyone with doubt can be swiftly done away with by looking at the last two games. In those games Bryant has caught everything from bubble screens to slants to fly patterns, but Gruden's system doesn't work? Bryants performance in an otherwise dismal last two weeks should really end that argument. The only question that remains is why haven't our QBs gone to Bryant earlier, especially if the game tape shows him getting open as he and the coaches have maintained?

#41 : December 16, 2008, 03:28:19 PM

how much will Bryant cost next year? is Galloway a FA after this year? i ask because of $ implications not because i expect him to 'be back'.
I'd guess $4-6M a year for a 4/5 yr contract for Bryant.   Galloway is done regardless of his contract status.

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

#42 : December 16, 2008, 03:35:08 PM

The Gruden love is too strong here. I can't wait until the guy gets fired. Then we won't have a team that gets laughed at on National TV, then goes out and proves all those who laughed right.

Your Gruden hate is too much, man...I don't know what the heck he was thinking either with the QB decision Sunday...well I do know, but...

You honestly should be happy to see Brian Griese out there as QB b/c he just might be the downfall of Jon Gruden in Tampa...
If Gruden would only do what he was brought here to do. We paid a hefty price for a mediocre offense and bad personnel decisions.

I thought personnel decisions were BA's territory
So it was Allen's decision to start Griese? Is that what you are saying? It was also Allen's decision to cut Clifton Smith? Is that what you are saying?

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#43 : December 16, 2008, 03:40:00 PM

Is this all you can do is ask question and spew opinions??? Where's the substance Mr Locker, Where is the substance?

#44 : December 16, 2008, 07:04:50 PM

I stand by what I said, if he continues taking shots at teamates/coaches, they won't have him back...

And who's loss will that be?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Antonio Bryant be a Buc next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools