Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry English DE NIU « previous next »
Page: 1

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

: December 17, 2008, 10:01:05 AM

Would love to have a Huskie on the team as a proud graduate of NIU. Was a bit upset when Michael Turner didn't come to the Bucs!

#1 : December 17, 2008, 07:32:03 AM

This is the kid I have been talking about for a while at end....Nobody has really heard much about him but trust me around draft tme this kid could be the next Trevor Laws of the 09 draft

If we could get this kid in round two he probably would be a steal

part 1

part 2

bait619

Starter

#2 : December 17, 2008, 07:49:41 AM

what has trevor laws done this season??? not being argumentative but i haven't heard his name since the draft...just curious

#3 : December 17, 2008, 07:53:39 AM

Not sure but probably a guy who is in the rotation in Philly...he has had 10 tackles

Not really comparing them as pros as Laws is a Tackle and English will be a end. However I am saying this is a kid who will be a guy people in the draft arena will start to notice more as he has some Gawdy sacks totals and he is said by many to be he best pure end in this class

#4 : December 17, 2008, 07:57:33 AM

NFL Draft Countdown:

One of the country's most prolific pass rushers, Larry English amassed an amazing 56.0 tackles for a loss and 32.5 sacks during his college career with the Huskies. As a senior English totaled 15.0 TFL and 8.0 Sacks en route to being named the Mid-American Conference's Most Valuable Player and, for the second year in a row, the Defensive Player of the Year. A classic 'tweener at 6-3 and 255 pounds, English played defensive end in college but he may have to make the move to outside linebacker in the pros. Most likely in a 3-4 scheme. What position English will play might still be up in the air but at this point scouts don't seem to care because they tend to find room for guys who can rush the passer like he can. Right now English looks like a fringe Day One pick but his stock is really soaring and there are some who feel he could compete for a spot in the first round.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry English DE NIU « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools