Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Red Board Part Duex: Chargers game. « previous next »
Page: 1

original

Pro Bowler

: December 19, 2008, 08:00:28 AM

Since the Red board is down, here is a thread to talk about this weeks game.

Biggest concerns:

LT against our run defense.

Can our offense score enough points?

Would our offense be better if we put Joey and Antonio out there at the same time with Luke at QB?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 19, 2008, 09:29:11 AM

1. Lt is a monster when everything is going right. Our defense is not paying attention, and neither is Kiff imo. I'm expecting our first home loss because of these two factors.

2. Our offense is only limitied by Grudens playcalling... If he WANTS to gain yardage he WILL. But for the most-part, he's just trying to waste time on the clock and "sit" on all his victories with our "so-called" great defense..expect the same crud out of him as the last few games.

3. YES! Even without Garcia we would be ok, IF Gruden would actually "find" a way to put AB and JG out there together. Actually, it might be even better, and I'm not even a McCown-homer. McCown DOES have a strong arm, stronger than anyone on the roster, it would serve the two WR's we're talking about quite well. If he could just stop with the dumbness, he could be great one day.

I still wonder how in the world the Cards get Fitz and Boldin out there together...(total sarcasm)

I also think they need to put tar on cliffs hands and use him at RB as well lol.

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#2 : December 19, 2008, 09:52:41 AM

If we lose and Carolina wins. . . the panthroids win the division (if i'm correct, if not correct me). Yeah, this is a must win game.

I'm hoping going back home will have our team play like they played before the Carolina game.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : December 19, 2008, 10:02:56 AM

My prediction is we blow this game and sit out of the playoffs because:

1. LT & Co. will run wild on this defense.
2. We will not be able to score points because of handcuffed playcalling, stupid penalties, no push in the run game, and no risks taken by Garcia or Griese, whoever starts.

original

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 19, 2008, 10:54:29 AM

I am going to call the score as TB 9, SD 7.  Bryant wins the game on a last second field goal. 

kmitchell

Starter

#5 : December 19, 2008, 02:20:14 PM

I am not scared at all of LT. He doesn't even have a 1,000 yards yet, and is averaging 3.6 YPC. I am scared of Rivers lighting up our secondary though. Bryant will have a big game against the underachieving Chargers secondary, and hopefully we can establish a running game to keep the ball out of Rivers' hands.
TB 24 SD 17.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 19, 2008, 06:43:24 PM

I am not scared at all of LT. He doesn't even have a 1,000 yards yet, and is averaging 3.6 YPC. I am scared of Rivers lighting up our secondary though. Bryant will have a big game against the underachieving Chargers secondary, and hopefully we can establish a running game to keep the ball out of Rivers' hands.
TB 24 SD 17.

24 points? Man, I wish.

I think we go 10-10 until the ending of the game where LT just runs us over. I totally hope I'm wrong, but dang, how are we supposed to say 24 points from the dink-an-dunk without it's main doughnut?

And you're right about LT this year, he's not the same.

Our defense isn't the same either though. 450 yards given up (just running alone) in the last TWO games and.... whoops... here comes LT of all people. That's NOT good, either way you slice it my friend.

kmitchell

Starter

#7 : December 19, 2008, 06:45:32 PM

The last 2 games were against Run heavy NFC South opponents who are undefeated at home, don't take those games into consideration. LT is not the same LT from previous years, and if we lose, it will be by the Chargers passing game. We finally have a deep threat since Galloway has disappeared, and Bryant will get his yards against the weak SD secondary. Lets just hope Dunn and Cadillac can keep drives alive.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 19, 2008, 06:53:33 PM

Lets just hope Dunn and Cadillac can keep drives alive.

I dunno if it's just me, but does either of them make you grit your teeth when they get the ball on thirds? Personally, it scares the bajesus out of me.

Askew should have those short yardage honors. The guy has been gold.

I wonder also why Gruden doesn't like the FB position much. He never seemed to really LIKE Alstott..did he?

Imo, THAT'S the reason why LT hasen't been up to par this year. A good FB can take you far.

kmitchell

Starter

#9 : December 19, 2008, 06:59:38 PM

The loss of Lorenzo Neal by the Chargers hurt them more than they thought it would. The Chargers running game has fallen off the map, while the Ravens who picked up Neal are doing great in the running game.

I agree Askew should get the third and 1,2's. We need a power back, and the closest one we had is on the IR now.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 19, 2008, 09:32:46 PM

The loss of Lorenzo Neal by the Chargers hurt them more than they thought it would. The Chargers running game has fallen off the map, while the Ravens who picked up Neal are doing great in the running game.

I agree Askew should get the third and 1,2's. We need a power back, and the closest one we had is on the IR now.

And the REAL funny thing is....I believe Gru should use one of his defensive linemen on goaline situations (from 1-2 yards out of course), like he did with Sapp. It could still be done. I would suggest Adams with his long arms...just reach over and it's in.

But he shouldn't call that if he has ANY faith in Askew imo...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Red Board Part Duex: Chargers game. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools