Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Free Agent(Offense) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : January 15, 2007, 03:33:11 PM

Indeed

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 15, 2007, 03:52:14 PM

Turner is amazing but I think the Chargers put the highest tender on him. Might be worth surrendering that draft pick for him since the Bucs have an extra day one draft pick.

Max tender is a first and a third, so we'd pretty much have to negotiate a trade if we wanted him.  I think the Chargers will want too much to make it worth our while though.
The draft pick compensation depends on the level of the qualifying offer from the original team.  That qualifying offer must presumably be received by March 11th which is the start of free agency.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 15, 2007, 04:33:00 PM

Some names I'd like to see:

Michael Turner
Drew Bennett
Wes Welker (restricted but was undrafted)
Jerramy Stevens
Daniel Graham
Leonard Davis (The next player to steal from the Cards?)

"Davis was the first player to leave the Cardinals' practice facility on Friday and had already cleaned out his locker, a possible signal that he will not return to the Cardinals next season, according to the East Valley Tribune."

If we don't go after Davis then I have to completely start to worry about the focus of our coaching and scouting department. He's by far the best tackle available and would be a HUGE upgrade over what we have.

I guarantee Gruden will make a huge push to get this guy...

Marques Tuiasosopo  

Ugh, I really don't want any more Raider retreads, but I guarantee Gruden will go after him.

Here's some players I think we have to go after strongly...

Matt Schaub/Jeff Garcia(One of these two needs to be a Buc next season)
Dominic Rhodes(Assuming Alstott retires he would be a perfect replacement and Indy isn't going to go after him strongly IMO)
Ernest Wilford(Best available WR IMO. He instantly beats Clayton out/Stallworth will want too much money for what he can do)
Eric Johnson(I'd be really happy if we landed him. He's buried in San Fran but is a big target and can be a game changer)
I'm not sure we need a center.
Ruben Brown(I'm happy with Buenning and I know Gruden won't pull Joseph. I think possibly Ruben Brown has a good year or two left in him. I wouldn't mind having him come in to train Joseph either.)
Leonard Davis(Already mentioned but we really need to get him)

We need recievers badly. Galloway isn't going to remain healthy forever and it's obvious that we have nobody else that can step up. I'd like to see at least two talented receivers brought in through free agency and the draft.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 15, 2007, 04:49:16 PM

I guarantee Gruden will make a huge push to get this guy...

Marques Tuiasosopo 

He won't have to push very hard.  I just don't see the point. We have enough marginal QBs with Grads, McCown and Rattay.  Sure he may bring him in and let him compete in the Summer but Allen won't have to give out any real signing bonus money.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2007 Free Agent(Offense) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools