Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey Schnit and Jack Harris « previous next »
Page: 1

Yakuza Rich

Rookie

: December 19, 2008, 09:30:20 PM

We, the people of Tampa, are sick of hearing about Caylee Anthony 24/7.  You two, and Bay News 9, give it a rest and focus fore on Lex Salisbury or do a story focusing on how the media tends to ignore whenver a minority child disappears and only freaks out when a white child disappears.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 19, 2008, 10:55:37 PM

We, the people of Tampa, are sick of hearing about Caylee Anthony 24/7. You two, and Bay News 9, give it a rest and focus fore on Lex Salisbury or do a story focusing on how the media tends to ignore whenver a minority child disappears and only freaks out when a white child disappears.

please...

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 20, 2008, 12:11:21 AM

A kid is murdered in cold blood and you want to debate racism?

This is a big story, especially in Tampa, because of it's close proximity to Orlando. It's also big because of the circumstances involved.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : December 20, 2008, 12:50:39 AM

People, even those not in the Tampa/Orlando area, seem to be morbidly obsessed with these Jean Benoit cases. That's why Jack Harris talks about it.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 20, 2008, 12:54:34 AM

I honestly don't understand it either.  All racism aside, it's odd to me that some particular crimes end up becoming a national obsession, while thousands of other deaths fly under the radar

Booker

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 20, 2008, 08:54:36 AM

Makes no sense to me either. Why some stories but not others?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 20, 2008, 01:52:48 PM

Stranger kills a kid-pg 3 of the local section.
Dad kills his own child-Pg 1 Local section, might get a paragraph nationally.
Mom kills her own kid-Front page headline locally, full story nationally.
Mom kills her own kid, hides body, and makes up story about kidnapping/missing child- CNN, USA Today, Front page news everywhere.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 20, 2008, 01:57:27 PM

one of the worst threads ever

Dear media... we would like you to quit talking about Obama and race, I thought we were all created equal...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey Schnit and Jack Harris « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools