Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching USF? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 22, 2008, 11:07:32 AM

I liked the look but think they should stay with gold.  I also think that they need to change their "gold" to a different tint.  I like the FSU gold and think they would look good with gold numbering as well as gold helmets. 

I would like to see gold helmets, numbers, names, and pants with Green U, strip on the pants, and shirts.

Word is that they will have black next season as well.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 22, 2008, 03:40:34 PM

Thought the helmets were nice for a change, but that's not what I'd go with full time.

Field was crap!  Wow!

USF history made!

3 out of the four people I know who had season tix this year, won't be renewing.   Partly due to performance, partly due to the way the BE f's around with the schedule. Those crazy game days and stuff might be good for TV but they suck for the real fans.  They should all be Saturday night games.  Didn't they have a sunday or monday game this year? W T F?

Ah well, I hope they get their act together, looks bad getting arse whooped by the BE. They should rightfully expect to win that conference 40+ % of the time. WEAK!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 22, 2008, 06:18:41 PM

3 out of the four people I know who had season tix this year, won't be renewing.   Partly due to performance, partly due to the way the BE f's around with the schedule. Those crazy game days and stuff might be good for TV but they suck for the real fans.  They should all be Saturday night games.  Didn't they have a sunday or monday game this year? W T F?

Hopefully, those 3 you know are in the vast minority. That is the kind of stuff that will make it difficult for USF to ever get where it wants to be. This isn't the NFL. Major college athletic programs lifeblood are the fanbases and can't afford knee jerk reactions like that...

Ah well, I hope they get their act together, looks bad getting arse whooped by the BE. They should rightfully expect to win that conference 40+ % of the time. WEAK!

Why should they "rightfully expect" to win the conference every third year at THIS point?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 22, 2008, 06:21:48 PM

They should "expect" to win it EVERY year.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 22, 2008, 06:29:30 PM

Thought the helmets were nice for a change, but that's not what I'd go with full time.

Field was crap!  Wow!

USF history made!

if you went to USF... how can you jump off and on the bandwagon, I dont get it. Or were those people not renewing the same ones who went to the Rays game when in the world series, and Bucs games in the early 2000's?

But if your alumni... you should be stick through thick and thin, or your program will always be down

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 22, 2008, 07:42:52 PM

Of course .... but when you add the "rightfully" to it, IMO, it adds a bit of, dare I say it, arrogance to it .... like "we are USF, by God, and that title should rightfully be ours".

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 22, 2008, 07:49:02 PM

Field was crap!  Wow!

USF history made!

if you went to USF... how can you jump off and on the bandwagon, I dont get it. Or were those people not renewing the same ones who went to the Rays game when in the world series, and Bucs games in the early 2000's?

But if your alumni... you should be stick through thick and thin, or your program will always be down

I would hope those aren't alumni .... being in a large metropolitan area, USF does have a lot of non-alumni donors. If they ARE alumni, that's pretty sad but indicative of the pitfalls of trying to grow a fanbase in these instant gratification times.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 23, 2008, 10:07:31 AM

Hopefully, those 3 you know are in the vast minority. That is the kind of stuff that will make it difficult for USF to ever get where it wants to be. This isn't the NFL. Major college athletic programs lifeblood are the fanbases and can't afford knee jerk reactions like that...

Why should they "rightfully expect" to win the conference every third year at THIS point?

It's not knee jerk, people don't go watch losing teams. People certainly don't want to go watch games when they feel they're second rate customers to the people that sit at home and watch.

The conference is basically WVU, with some questions at coach, USF, and some questionable basketball schools and other Junior colleges.  There's only 8 football team in the conference and most of them suck out loud.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 23, 2008, 10:11:02 AM

Field was crap!  Wow!

USF history made!

MBA's from USF, undergrad from other schools. And one semi-retiered guy who just likes football. All bailed on tickets next year. Guy who kept them has a box at rayjay and I'm not exactly sure how that works but as I understand it he own the box but you still buy the tickets for the events and he's obligated to buy so many events or some such thing? he's the guy who will renew.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 23, 2008, 10:13:08 AM

Of course .... but when you add the "rightfully" to it, IMO, it adds a bit of, dare I say it, arrogance to it .... like "we are USF, by God, and that title should rightfully be ours".

Rightfully, as in they have the means and it's not fandumb to assume it could be done.  Wake forest shouldnt' rightfully expect to win the ACC that often.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 23, 2008, 10:16:02 AM

WVU has had a decent enough program that you might not rigtfully expect to beat them every year, but Uconn? 'cuse? Cinci? Pitt? C'mon, USF should wreck those teams.  Uconn got a piece of the pie! 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 23, 2008, 11:52:37 AM

WVU has had a decent enough program that you might not rigtfully expect to beat them every year, but Uconn? 'cuse? Cinci? Pitt? C'mon, USF should wreck those teams. Uconn got a piece of the pie!

I was agreeing with you ...  ;)

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 23, 2008, 03:35:32 PM

WVU has had a decent enough program that you might not rigtfully expect to beat them every year, but Uconn? 'cuse? Cinci? Pitt? C'mon, USF should wreck those teams. Uconn got a piece of the pie!

I was agreeing with you ...  ;)

I got that I was piling on!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 23, 2008, 10:37:42 PM

Wow, I just saw where only 25K went to the game.  I don't know if that total is more disturbing or the fact that USF only distributed 8500 of its allotment and Memphis a mere 2000.

No excuse that USF fans couldn't go to a bowl game right down the road.

I hate to say it, but I doubt this game will last.  If only 25K (and actually, 25K was announced but there were far less than that present) show up when one team is basically the "home" team, how many you think will come watch when it's like Memphis and UCONN?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 23, 2008, 10:40:35 PM

that bowl game is a joke and shouldn't last
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anyone watching USF? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools