Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas out of the Senior Bowl « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

coopsxx

Starter
« : January 10, 2007, 05:49:32 PM »

According to Duemig,

Sounds like that knee is a bit iffy if you ask me, he'll prep for the combine where he will get a thorough examination

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 10, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »

Hmm.....considering the senior bowl is two weeks away something is off.....

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 10, 2007, 06:00:47 PM »

Most guys expected to go in the top 5 don't participate in the Senior Bowl.  Nothing to gain from it.  I wouldn't be worried about his knee because of it.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 10, 2007, 06:01:10 PM »

This is bad news. Our coaches really needed to see JT up close at the Senior Bowl.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future.” - Josh Freeman

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #4 : January 10, 2007, 06:01:15 PM »

Stay away from Thomas and his knee.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 10, 2007, 06:01:24 PM »

If thats true you can write him out of your Bucs mock draft.  The Bucs will draft somebody from the Senior Bowl.   Gruden isn't taking valuable vacation time to coach the Senior Bowl for nothing.  

I don't care what you hear from here on in from Kiper or Scouts Inc or God Inc.  The Bucs will not use their first pick on somebody who isn't at the Senior Bowl at least for practice.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 10, 2007, 06:04:16 PM »

I think the timing of this is very peculiar to say the least.  Maybe I have been wearing my tin foil hat the last few days a bit snuggly but there has to be more to this story than what is being presented on the surface.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 10, 2007, 06:07:21 PM »

All, I can't think of what possible reason Thomas could have for skipping the Senior Bowl other than injury.  Especially with the Bucs picking 3rd or 4th and Gruden coaching.   Thomas is just taking money out of his own pocket.   It has to be an injury situation, and if its a knee then I don't think you draft a guy with a knee injury in the top five.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 10, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »

If thats true you can write him out of your Bucs mock draft.  The Bucs will draft somebody from the Senior Bowl.   Gruden isn't taking valuable vacation time to coach the Senior Bowl for nothing.   

I don't care what you hear from here on in from Kiper or Scouts Inc or God Inc.  The Bucs will not use their first pick on somebody who isn't at the Senior Bowl at least for practice.

Under that logic because Calvin Johnson isn't playing in the Senior Bowl we wouldn't draft him either.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 10, 2007, 06:11:12 PM »

This is true Itch.  But right after the senior bowl the combine is right around the corner.  Can that limited time between the senior bowl week and the combine make a difference to heal an injury? Something seems fishy....but I can not put my finger on it. ???

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 10, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »

If thats true you can write him out of your Bucs mock draft.  The Bucs will draft somebody from the Senior Bowl.   Gruden isn't taking valuable vacation time to coach the Senior Bowl for nothing.   

Bad news, none of the those guys in the top 5 is usually at the Senior Bowl.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 10, 2007, 06:14:47 PM »

I think Quinn shows up at the senior bowl to solidify his position in the top five/ten.  Becuase if he doesn't he will take a free fall that may not end till the third round.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 10, 2007, 06:16:16 PM »

If thats true you can write him out of your Bucs mock draft. The Bucs will draft somebody from the Senior Bowl. Gruden isn't taking valuable vacation time to coach the Senior Bowl for nothing.

My point exactly.  They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing the Senior Bowl or even doing the whole dog and pony show at the combine.  Ronnie Brown didn't do the Senior Bowl and still went two picks ahead of Caddy.

shall555

Starter

« #13 : January 10, 2007, 06:16:59 PM »

If thats true you can write him out of your Bucs mock draft. The Bucs will draft somebody from the Senior Bowl. Gruden isn't taking valuable vacation time to coach the Senior Bowl for nothing.

I don't care what you hear from here on in from Kiper or Scouts Inc or God Inc. The Bucs will not use their first pick on somebody who isn't at the Senior Bowl at least for practice.

Under that logic because Calvin Johnson isn't playing in the Senior Bowl we wouldn't draft him either.

That's because Calvin Johnson is a junior. LOL.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 10, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »

My point exactly.  They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing the Senior Bowl or even doing the whole dog and pony show at the combine.  Ronnie Brown didn't do the Senior Bowl and still went two picks ahead of Caddy.

Do not forget though that Carnell and Ferguson were at the senior bowl.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas out of the Senior Bowl « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools