Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas out of the Senior Bowl « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #15 : January 10, 2007, 06:18:35 PM »

If thats true you can write him out of your Bucs mock draft. The Bucs will draft somebody from the Senior Bowl. Gruden isn't taking valuable vacation time to coach the Senior Bowl for nothing.

I don't care what you hear from here on in from Kiper or Scouts Inc or God Inc. The Bucs will not use their first pick on somebody who isn't at the Senior Bowl at least for practice.

Under that logic because Calvin Johnson isn't playing in the Senior Bowl we wouldn't draft him either.

That's because Calvin Johnson is a junior. LOL.
Yeah? What's your point?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 10, 2007, 06:18:50 PM »

If thats true you can write him out of your Bucs mock draft. The Bucs will draft somebody from the Senior Bowl. Gruden isn't taking valuable vacation time to coach the Senior Bowl for nothing.

I don't care what you hear from here on in from Kiper or Scouts Inc or God Inc. The Bucs will not use their first pick on somebody who isn't at the Senior Bowl at least for practice.

Under that logic because Calvin Johnson isn't playing in the Senior Bowl we wouldn't draft him either.

That's because Calvin Johnson is a junior. LOL.

I know that but he still isn't playing in the Senior Bowl and to say the Bucs will not draft anybody that didn't participate in the game is ridiculous.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 10, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »

I think Quinn shows up at the senior bowl to solidify his position in the top five/ten.  Becuase if he doesn't he will take a free fall that may not end till the third round.

Ummm, yeah sure. Round 3, are you nuts? Even Son of Tedford Rodgers only made it to the 20's Quinn sure as heck won't drop any farther than that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 10, 2007, 06:25:45 PM »

My point exactly.  They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing the Senior Bowl or even doing the whole dog and pony show at the combine.  Ronnie Brown didn't do the Senior Bowl and still went two picks ahead of Caddy.

Bad news, none of the those guys in the top 5 is usually at the Senior Bowl.

My point exactly.  They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing the Senior Bowl or even doing the whole dog and pony show at the combine.  Ronnie Brown didn't do the Senior Bowl and still went two picks ahead of Caddy.
I'm talking about Jon Gruden and the way the Bucs draft. They want to know first hand how a player conducts himself in practice.   They will not use a top four pick on somebody they haven't had personal first hand knowledge of.  And the fact that Gruden is coaching the Senior Bowl just seals the deal.

Players do have something to lose by not playing in the Senior Bowl.   I'm not judging Thomas. He may cost himself a couple draft spots, but he may be avoiding a possible injury or aggravation that would cost him a lot more.  But he won't be drafted by the Bucs.  Period.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 10, 2007, 06:27:53 PM »

Tedford QB's have the combines to help them. :P  Quinn has to really show up at the combines after that bowl game and if he choose to not participate in the senior bowl.  If not he is taking that tumble.  BTW yes I am crazy.  ;)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 10, 2007, 06:28:59 PM »

They drafted a guy they had no personal knowledge of last year. I'm sure they'd like to have a senior bowl player but that is gonna limit them quite a bit since Quinn is the only one of the elite 5 that is gonna play then so I guess we should mark him down?

Adams won't be there: http://www.seniorbowl.com/2007/news/2007bowlsfri.htm
Russell and Calvin can't be there.
Thomas is out.
That leaves The Mighty Quinn

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 10, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »

I know that but he still isn't playing in the Senior Bowl and to say the Bucs will not draft anybody that didn't participate in the game is ridiculous.
Not in the first round.  My comment only refers to the first round.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 10, 2007, 06:31:39 PM »

They drafted a guy they had no personal knowledge of last year. I'm sure they'd like to have a senior bowl player but that is gonna limit them quite a bit since Quinn is the only one of the elite 5 that is gonna play then so I guess we should mark him down?

Thomas is out.

Gruden did say he wanted a dominating QB.  Mighty Quinn it is ???

shall555

Starter

« #23 : January 10, 2007, 06:40:09 PM »

Bad news, none of the those guys in the top 5 is usually at the Senior Bowl.

I'm talking about Jon Gruden and the way the Bucs draft. They want to know first hand how a player conducts himself in practice.   They will not use a top four pick on somebody they haven't had personal first hand knowledge of.  And the fact that Gruden is coaching the Senior Bowl just seals the deal.

Players do have something to lose by not playing in the Senior Bowl.   I'm not judging Thomas. He may cost himself a couple draft spots, but he may be avoiding a possible injury or aggravation that would cost him a lot more.  But he won't be drafted by the Bucs.  Period.

My sentiments exactly. I still don't understand the fanatical manlove for Thomas. He can do no wrong. Not even attending the Senior Bowl raises a MAJOR red flag over his knee. He may have aggravated it by coming back too soon. If its swollen, he may need to have it scoped and some debris cleared out. Is this the kind of player you want to spend a top #4 pick on? An OT with a bum knee that swells up like a grapefruit after every game??? PASS.

I'd take a chance on him if we picked in the 6-10 range, but not at 3 or 4. I want HEALTHY players with no history of major ACL injuries, please.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 10, 2007, 06:46:45 PM »

My sentiments exactly. I still don't understand the fanatical manlove for Thomas. He can do no wrong. Not even attending the Senior Bowl raises a MAJOR red flag over his knee. He may have aggravated it by coming back too soon. If its swollen, he may need to have it scoped and some debris cleared out. Is this the kind of player you want to spend a top #4 pick on? An OT with a bum knee that swells up like a grapefruit after every game??? PASS.

I'd take a chance on him if we picked in the 6-10 range, but not at 3 or 4. I want HEALTHY players with no history of major ACL injuries, please.

If you don't get the affinity for Thomas watch our offensive line play. They suck, period. That simple concept eludes then we're done.

I doubt he's playing because his knee swelled up since the game is weeks after his last game. If his knee was that bum it would have manifested itself during the season.

The simple answer is that most top 10 level talents bail on the game because it doesn't do them any good to show up.

« #25 : January 10, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »

Thomas is out.

Gruden did say he wanted a dominating QB. Mighty Quinn it is ???
I may be sick....though he is a 'franchise' name..

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #26 : January 10, 2007, 06:48:24 PM »

Or maybe the Lions actually promised to pick him at #2? Why would he go to the senior bowl, then?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

shall555

Starter

« #27 : January 10, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »

If Joe Thomas were smart, he'd still attend the Senior Bowl and do meet and greets with the organizations. He doesn't have to play. Just show up. Watch practices. Pulling out entirely leaves a lot of questions unanswered. You can bet the personnel guys will be speculating about his knee, just like we are.

I know the Senior Bowl isn't the end all-be all of the NFL draft, but participating really shows your character and personnel people really love it.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 10, 2007, 06:52:43 PM »

If thats true you can write him out of your Bucs mock draft.  The Bucs will draft somebody from the Senior Bowl.   Gruden isn't taking valuable vacation time to coach the Senior Bowl for nothing.   

I don't care what you hear from here on in from Kiper or Scouts Inc or God Inc.  The Bucs will not use their first pick on somebody who isn't at the Senior Bowl at least for practice.

What ??? Hey just an FYI there will numerous top 5-10 picks that won't either be eligible or won't participate...

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 10, 2007, 06:54:25 PM »

I think Quinn shows up at the senior bowl to solidify his position in the top five/ten.  Becuase if he doesn't he will take a free fall that may not end till the third round.

LOL what the hell is going on with you guys ??? Round 3, sheeeesh! Come on...........

Baghead #2
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas out of the Senior Bowl « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools