Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just an idea « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucmaniac86

Pro Bowler

: October 13, 2006, 03:06:14 PM

Do any of you guys think that we can yank Booger and replace him with Dewayne White? I know White was suppose to be our DE after Spires, but the guy is explosive and though he is small, he would be a huge upgrade over Booger, what are your opinions?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2006, 03:09:16 PM

I'd rather replace Booger with Spires and start White on the outside.

Bucmaniac86

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 13, 2006, 03:10:41 PM

yeah, would spires be capable of playing inside? or would wyms just be a better fit

nitey

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 13, 2006, 03:16:36 PM

I think Spires played inside some last year at the beginning of the year.  I also think moving Spires inside and putting White on the outside would be desirable.

Just say 'NO' to booger!!!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 13, 2006, 03:21:25 PM

I've suggested that before, but White hasn't done any better than Booger thus far. Frankly, that line as a whole hasn't been putitng up any pressure. But still, White at DT would be better than Booger for pressure and its not like run D could get any worse.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 13, 2006, 03:45:11 PM

Cp,

White has 2 of the 5 sacks that the team has so far this season. That's A LOT better than Booger who has 0. Booger also has probably 2x the amount of playing time and has only 2 more tackles than White.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 13, 2006, 06:02:40 PM

I think Spires played inside some last year at the beginning of the year.  I also think moving Spires inside and putting White on the outside would be desirable.

Just say 'NO' to booger!!!

I like the idea of having Spires in the middle. Over the years he has been really stout on the outside v the run, and I think we're obliged to put White on the field more now since he has more sacks than the rest of the D-Line put together. The guy just continues to make plays.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 15, 2006, 02:51:07 AM

I've suggested that before, but White hasn't done any better than Booger thus far. Frankly, that line as a whole hasn't been putitng up any pressure. But still, White at DT would be better than Booger for pressure and its not like run D could get any worse.
Check you're White v Booger stats again
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Just an idea « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools