Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hall of Fame has its Candidates « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

: January 10, 2007, 07:31:04 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6355482?FSO1&ATT=HMA

I think Art Monk should be a shoe in...sadly I hate to say that cause I hate the Redskins with a burning passion but he deserves it

It is also kind of interesting a punter is going into the HoF

Thoughts?

Bucs33

Second String

#1 : January 11, 2007, 02:47:30 PM

Why isn't Randall McDaniel a finalist? 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 11, 2007, 02:52:48 PM

Ray Guy should be in, the first question you ask about any player is "Was he ever considered the best at his position when he played?" Guy surely was and frankly still is considered the best at what he does. There's not another punter you'd even think about putting in the HoF.

With the rest of the bunch I don't know that any of them make the "best at his position" bar. Monk was a good WR but not dominating. Reed surely wasn't. Irvin is a lot closer than either of those guys becuase he could and did take over games and some of his best games came vs. the biggest names like Green and Sanders who he just wore out.

Matthews lasted forever but I don't know that he was ever great as much as reliable and versatile.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#3 : January 11, 2007, 02:56:21 PM

Andre Tippett? what the hell did he ever do?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 11, 2007, 04:06:16 PM

Ray Guy and Art Monk definitely deserve it IMO.

#5 : January 11, 2007, 05:23:14 PM

Richard Dent is a must in my eyes.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 11, 2007, 06:22:45 PM

Tagliabue is a shoe in.  I think this might be Ray Guy's year since most of the other candidates are not guys you don't even have to think about it before voting in.  Both Monk and Irving deserve to go but I doubt Monk will.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 11, 2007, 06:24:25 PM

Michael Irvin definately does not deserve to ever go into the HoF.....for once the Eagles fans were actually cheering for a good thing...he is probably on the level of stupidity as Joe Theis when it comes to talking about football

#8 : January 11, 2007, 06:26:38 PM

My granddad once told me, if you have to debate it, they shouldn't go in. He said a HOF'er should be a no-brainer. Irvin is a no-brainer IMO. If the punter hasn't made it after all these years, then he shouldn't. Again, just my opinion.

Barber_20

Rookie

#9 : January 11, 2007, 06:27:49 PM

Andre Reed rocked!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 11, 2007, 06:28:44 PM

My granddad once told me, if you have to debate it, they shouldn't go in. He said a HOF'er should be a no-brainer. Irvin is a no-brainer IMO. If the punter hasn't made it after all these years, then he shouldn't. Again, just my opinion.

You should be judged by the position you played and nobody was better than Ray Guy and he had a huge impact on the Raider's success in the 70s.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 11, 2007, 06:30:48 PM

Michael Irvin definately does not deserve to ever go into the HoF.....for once the Eagles fans were actually cheering for a good thing...he is probably on the level of stupidity as Joe Theis when it comes to talking about football

Oh I agree Irving is an idiot, a scumbag, and a racist but he should be judged by what he did on the field and not off. 

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 11, 2007, 06:34:21 PM

Oh I agree Irving is an idiot, a scumbag, and a racist but he should be judged by what he did on the field and not off.
What you do off the field counts just as much these days....the Hall of Fame isnt going to put people in if they were arrogant or selfish..so thats why you will never see TO or Meshawn or any of those blabbermouths get in....Derrick Brooks sealed himself a HoF spot because of how he acted on and off the field...I feel the same way about Alstott and Barber....

#13 : January 11, 2007, 06:35:51 PM

You should be judged by the position you played and nobody was better than Ray Guy and he had a huge impact on the Raider's success in the 70s.

And yet he hasn't made it in after all these years. Whats different now from 5 years ago?

#14 : January 11, 2007, 06:37:03 PM

What you do off the field counts just as much these days....the Hall of Fame isnt going to put people in if they were arrogant or selfish..so thats why you will never see TO or Meshawn or any of those blabbermouths get in....Derrick Brooks sealed himself a HoF spot because of how he acted on and off the field...I feel the same way about Alstott and Barber....

Alstott in the HOF? LMAO!!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hall of Fame has its Candidates « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools