Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hall of Fame has its Candidates « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 11, 2007, 06:37:42 PM

My granddad once told me, if you have to debate it, they shouldn't go in. He said a HOF'er should be a no-brainer. Irvin is a no-brainer IMO. If the punter hasn't made it after all these years, then he shouldn't. Again, just my opinion.

You should be judged by the position you played and nobody was better than Ray Guy and he had a huge impact on the Raider's success in the 70s.

And yet he hasn't made it in after all these years. Whats different now from 5 years ago?
Nothing honestly....the less raiders in the HoF is better imo

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 11, 2007, 06:37:57 PM

My granddad once told me, if you have to debate it, they shouldn't go in. He said a HOF'er should be a no-brainer. Irvin is a no-brainer IMO. If the punter hasn't made it after all these years, then he shouldn't. Again, just my opinion.

You should be judged by the position you played and nobody was better than Ray Guy and he had a huge impact on the Raider's success in the 70s.

And yet he hasn't made it in after all these years. Whats different now from 5 years ago?

Perhaps his competion this year.  It's not a very strong class.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 11, 2007, 06:39:30 PM

What you do off the field counts just as much these days....the Hall of Fame isnt going to put people in if they were arrogant or selfish..so thats why you will never see TO or Meshawn or any of those blabbermouths get in....Derrick Brooks sealed himself a HoF spot because of how he acted on and off the field...I feel the same way about Alstott and Barber....

Alstott in the HOF? LMAO!!!!!!
What is so funny about that? Call me a homer but who else in the past 10 years was anything close to him as a FB....he is a class act and a great guy..why doesnt he deserve to be in?

#18 : January 11, 2007, 06:42:44 PM

What you do off the field counts just as much these days....the Hall of Fame isnt going to put people in if they were arrogant or selfish..so thats why you will never see TO or Meshawn or any of those blabbermouths get in....Derrick Brooks sealed himself a HoF spot because of how he acted on and off the field...I feel the same way about Alstott and Barber....

What is so funny about that? Call me a homer but who else in the past 10 years was anything close to him as a FB....he is a class act and a great guy..why doesnt he deserve to be in?

Just my opinion, but Alstott is only considered a HOF'er by homers and Berman. I could see Ronde gettin in because of his "20/20" vision.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 11, 2007, 06:44:00 PM

Just like Punters, the importance of Full Backs are neglected by the HOF who are more interested in stats.  A former Buc FB who deserves to go into the HOF after he retires is Lorenzo Neal.  But he won't.

#20 : January 11, 2007, 06:46:59 PM

Just like Punters, the importance of Full Backs are neglected by the HOF who are more interested in stats.  A former Buc FB who deserves to go into the HOF after he retires is Lorenzo Neal.  But he won't.

Now i think he WILL. Look at his resume... the list of 1000 yd rushers behind him is impressive and LT accomplishments will only bring him more attention.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : January 11, 2007, 10:58:54 PM

Warren Sapp should go in.  His numbers here were insane---& he's doing it again now.

Warhorse

Second String

#22 : January 11, 2007, 11:59:40 PM

What game did Michael Irvin "wear out" Deion Sanders? I sure don't remember it.

Michael Irvin may get in eventually, but they will make him wait, imho.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#23 : January 12, 2007, 12:03:00 AM

If Troy Aikmen & Emmit Smith get in then Irvin gets in---even if he a jackass!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 12, 2007, 12:23:17 AM

Monk should not be in the Hall of Fame.   He was never a great receiver.   

Ray Guy should definitely be in the Hall of Fame.   Perhaps the best punter in NFL history - he set the standard.

coopsxx

Starter
#25 : January 12, 2007, 01:07:23 AM

my top 4;

reed, (more receiving yards and td that irvin and monk, plus went to 4 superbowls.
thomas, more sacks than any other de/lb on the list and was a freakin beast, but dent was awesome too,
matthews, one of the best OL guys ever went to pro bowl as C, Og and OT a shoe-in.
henrickson, before staarting as clevelend guard they never had a 1000 yard runner, after they had one every year of his career, 34 made the hall,

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 12, 2007, 08:50:41 AM

What game did Michael Irvin "wear out" Deion Sanders? I sure don't remember it.

Michael Irvin may get in eventually, but they will make him wait, imho.

MNF vs the Falcons, he ate him alive...badly. Showed how not physical and how bad Nine Toes tackling was.

You can't vote on personality in the NFL, unlike baseball. If LT1 gets into the HoF Irvin has nothing on him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

coopsxx

Starter
#27 : January 12, 2007, 07:13:22 PM

oh yeh thomas had 7 sacks in a game....

think about that for a second.

#28 : January 12, 2007, 08:03:11 PM

oh yeh thomas had 7 sacks in a game....

think about that for a second.

I remember that game.... i think it was vs the Raiders.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hall of Fame has its Candidates « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools