Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is anyone else getting the feeling « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabingnrt

Starter

: January 10, 2007, 08:01:32 PM

Is anyone else getting the feeling that we will not be big players in the free agent market this year.  All i keep hearing from GM Bruce Allen is that "we will not spend cap room just to spend cap room"

I have a feeling he doesnt feel like many good players will be available.  He does say he has a list of QBs and that "We need pass rush"...

so it looks like DL will be a target.

However, I'm getting the feeling we will see an off-season similar to last years with a few minor additions thrown in.  Hopefully I'm wrong, but by the looks of his talking, it aint looking like a "REDSKINS offseason"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 10, 2007, 08:11:24 PM

Nope, don't a feeling anywhere near that one. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

140BPM

Practice Squad

#2 : January 10, 2007, 08:12:51 PM

I think we'll sign two or three big name FA's and fill the voids with first day draft picks.

shall555

Starter

#3 : January 10, 2007, 08:14:35 PM

I'm hoping for 2 big names, a mid range diamond in the rough, and a downright steal from the bargain bin.

shall555

Starter

#4 : January 10, 2007, 08:19:42 PM

Gotta give credit where it's due. GruAllen have been thrift shopping for so long, I think they've become very crafty bargain hunters. We're going to find some outright steals this year. ;D

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 10, 2007, 08:25:24 PM

I hope they do not go down the Redskins style of off season spending.  At the same time they have cap space to obtain young, quality players. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 10, 2007, 08:31:16 PM

I think Bruce Allen would like to keep his job for longer than one more year.  If he doesn't get some players he could be out along with Gruden.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#7 : January 10, 2007, 08:38:31 PM

I don't know what to expect.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 10, 2007, 08:39:46 PM

Gotta give credit where it's due. GruAllen have been thrift shopping for so long, I think they've become very crafty bargain hunters. We're going to find some outright steals this year. ;D

i hope so

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 11, 2007, 12:17:59 AM

The free agency is weak this year because everyone has a ton of cap room given to them from the new collective bargaining agreement. I don't think anyone is in "cap hell" right now. Everyone has money and everyone is keeping their vets.

The team worst off is the Colts who are 3 million under with a ton of free agents.
But teams like the Jets have even more money to spend than us.

There are a few good defense guys we can pick up. But offensively it is one of the weakest free agencies I can remember. There is no QBs out there worth signing. That's why I think Gruden may end up drafting Brady Quinn if they both both fall with each other at the Senior Bowl. Because the way the draft is looking, Quinn is probably going to be on the board at #4.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 11, 2007, 01:37:53 AM

Going to be fun, that is for sure!

#11 : January 11, 2007, 01:46:16 AM

I think we will have some big signings. I dont get the same feeling as the original post.

T

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 11, 2007, 05:08:50 AM

If they aren't major players in Free Agency it'll be a huge disappointment.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 11, 2007, 05:38:18 AM

They're will be plenty of guys out shopping their wares.   They want the big bucks and nobody's future is guaranteed in this league.

The Bucs will get in on plenty of action. 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 11, 2007, 06:59:52 AM

I hope we only target a few top FA's and end up with players like Hovan & Galloway. I really hope we hit it out of the park on our 4 picks in the first three rounds. Those 2/3 signings plus 4 stud rookies in conjunction with an easier schedule should make the Bucs at least a .500 team next year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is anyone else getting the feeling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools