Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HM's First Dirty Dozen « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucsfan4ever

Pro Bowler
: January 10, 2007, 08:48:33 PM

Gotta admit HM loved your Dirty Dozen. I also have no desire to see a WR taken in the first round - so many other players that could help us more.
We were just discussing this morning how the Panthers were picked to be SB Champs this year and how we shouldn' t play the season - just give em the trophy - love to see all the mags miss this one.
I did feel for the Tuna - about 1 sec - then started to chuckle watching his face - giving Chucky a run for his money.

Over HM good job good job!  ::) ;D

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : January 10, 2007, 10:39:52 PM

Great new article.

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 10, 2007, 10:52:13 PM

Decent read, but I don't agree with not picking Calvin Johnson. Andre Johnson was the last WR taken in the Top 3 and he's turned out pretty damn good. Who else are the Bucs gonna pick? A QB? Quinn looked terrible with pressure all over him, and the NFC South has some of the best defensive lines in the NFL. Russell his work ethic, with Gruden here? He has bust written all over him. Joe Thomas? Once Bill Muir gets ahold of him he'll look like Derrick Deese. Calvin Johnson is a dangerous playmaker that this offense needs, Galloway will turn 97 next year and Clayton looks fat and slow. CJ is our only way to go. And don't even mention any defensive players being taken in the Top 3/4, with all the College Football I've seen this year I haven't seen one dominating Defensive player worthy of a Top 3/4 selection. So Hugh if not CJ then who??

Larry Brackins

Starter
#3 : January 10, 2007, 10:55:52 PM

Don't, not take a player because of past players failures.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 10, 2007, 11:42:11 PM

In reality almost half of those busts were non football related.  By all acounts, Calvin Johnson has no problems off the field like them.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 11, 2007, 03:29:40 AM

I just can't see how CJ would be a bust besides a major injury. He has NFL speed and size. Also he has a good humble character. I think Ginn could be a bust but not CJ.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 11, 2007, 04:11:43 AM

I thought that dirty dozen was a fun read.   

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 11, 2007, 06:38:47 AM

HM, I enjoyed the 'Dirty Dozen'. It's sharp, fast and informative. Plus it gets the controversy going IMHO. Keep it up.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

PewterReportHM

Starter
#8 : January 11, 2007, 10:46:20 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Re WRs........I agree that you pick a player for today, but even if you look at the guys I didn't label busts, there aren't many you'd be happy to have with the 3rd or 4th pick in the draft.  Torry Holt, Keyshawn............Ike Hilliard?.........see what I mean?

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#9 : January 11, 2007, 01:05:57 PM

I just can't see how CJ would be a bust besides a major injury. He has NFL speed and size. Also he has a good humble character. I think Ginn could be a bust but not CJ.

I think Ginn will only be a expensive KR and PR maybe, i dont think he will be that great, although i think Jarrett and CJ will both succeed, hopefully we get CJ or trade back for Anderson at DE

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 11, 2007, 12:50:29 PM

Just so we all know and I will know when to "prod" about the next one.

What does your schedule look like? Weekly? Biweekly? Monthly? Or is it whenever you feel like it?

Don't want to "prod" when I shouldn't :)

Like Scott and Jim have been told, it's your fault for producing a quality product.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

zed

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 11, 2007, 02:25:30 PM

I thought it was supposed to be a baker's dozen and not a dirty dozen?

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#12 : January 11, 2007, 02:36:35 PM

I thought it was supposed to be a baker's dozen and not a dirty dozen?

Baker's dozen during the season and deirty dozen in the off season.  I thought this was oing to be an insider article?

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 11, 2007, 02:39:55 PM

Just so we all know and I will know when to "prod" about the next one.

What does your schedule look like? Weekly? Biweekly? Monthly? Or is it whenever you feel like it?

Don't want to "prod" when I shouldn't :)

Like Scott and Jim have been told, it's your fault for producing a quality product.

Way to go, Uncle Stan! Bring the heat! Get on his case – and off mine! :) Seriously ... before you ask ... I will have a new SR's Fab Five next week. I'm busy working on PR Issue 1 of 2007. Stay tuned.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#14 : January 11, 2007, 03:56:35 PM

Uncle Stan,

My publisher is really putting the heat on, but I will get one out whenever I think there is enough worth saying.  Hopefully every  couple of weeks............More when there are games going on and less when there isn't much news.

I hope to get another one out next Monday or Tuesday, since the playoffs are in full swing.

Thanks again for reading

HM

PS--the vote on the insider board was "Dirty Dozen" during the offseason and "Baker's Dozen" as part of the Roundtable article during the season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HM's First Dirty Dozen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools