Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HM's First Dirty Dozen « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 11, 2007, 04:08:51 PM

PS--the vote on the insider board was "Dirty Dozen" during the offseason and "Baker's Dozen" as part of the Roundtable article during the season.

Doesn't it seem like it should be the other way around?  Baker during the offseason like we're out finding the ingredients for the finished product, and dirty during the season because, well Bucball is mean dirty football (in theory).  Man I am really thinking way to much on such a trivial thing.  ;D

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 11, 2007, 05:54:43 PM

Scott,

You beat me to it. You were next.

WHich reminds me, where is FF?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 11, 2007, 06:52:16 PM

I'm on to you oldtimer!

You'll have to call out Jim Flynn now and prod him for the next Flynn's Focus!

Generic Username

Practice Squad

#18 : January 11, 2007, 07:50:42 PM

HM, you are the "Jerry Jones of Sports Publication Owners" -- very hands on.  I hope that is the only likeness you have to him, however.  I like that you get involved with the writing and you make it a fun trio of "analysts" at PR. 

What is it about Q that makes you think he would WANT to coach?  Last I heard (and this may have been after you submitted your article) is that he has no interest in sleeping in his coaches office at One Buc, but rather be with his family most of the time.

PewterReportHM

Starter
#19 : January 11, 2007, 08:34:47 PM

Norton,

Oh, man.  The "Jerry Jones.." of anything makes me want to crawl back under my rock and just go to sleep!  The "Bob Kraft" of something I could deal with...........

Q may not want to coach at all.  Truth be told, I've spoken to the man one time, and my impression is he is passionate and smart.  Knows the defense and is a motivator with fire----------would love to see him do it someday, but pure speculation on my part.

HM

Mellow

Starter

#20 : January 12, 2007, 02:00:01 AM

HM: great article.

The rest of you, please stop with the arguments that basically say, "But CJ he's can't miss, great speed, freak, blah blah blah."  The same was said of all the busts.  That's the point of the article--as good as these WRs look coming out of college it's largely a crapshoot as to whether their skills translate to the pros.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't think the world of CJ now, just that you have to consider there's a good chance you're going to be wrong.

Mellow

Starter

#21 : January 12, 2007, 02:08:12 AM

Also, one more thing to add: it's not like all the 9 non-busts on HM's list lived up to their lofty draft status either, even if they didn't actually flame out.  Curtis Conway was in no way worth the #7 pick in the entire draft, nor was Terry Glenn.  Hell, Keyshawn's had a nice career but I don't think many people would take him over Marvin Harrison or even perhaps Terry Glenn (the #2 and #4 WRs drafted the same year). 

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 12, 2007, 07:17:35 AM

Uncle Stan,

Thanks for caring enough about Flynn's Focus to ask about it. I have done my best to deliver one every week, and I believe I have done that with the exception of a few times last year. Many of you probably don't know this, but I was on a vacation last week, but I still got a Flynn's Focus up while I was gone because I had written it beforehand in an effort to keep the one-per-week FF going. That was on Jan. 3, and we actually published it a few days before we had originally planned. Not to worry. I hit the ground running when I returned to work on Wednesday. I will get one up sooner rather than later. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. Thanks, Stan.

By the way, The Dirty Dozen will be free for the first few times since we want to allow Bucs fans to know what it is they'll be missing once we make it a premium article.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HM's First Dirty Dozen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools