Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS SIGN QB BRUCE EUGENE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #15 : January 10, 2007, 11:49:06 PM »

Not a big signing, camp fodder, yadda yadda, I like this move. It may be nothing (probably) but who knews, the whole 'move the pile' QB intrigues me, even as a lone situational player (perhaps we would make 3 QBs active, and only 1 FB) perhaps Gru wants a little 'LeBow' in his playbook....Of course 2 months from now I'll be asked what was I thinking, but I'd rather watch Eugene do his thing than another NFLE season of Jared Allen.
+1 (HAHAHAHAHA)

In all seriousness, I agree with you. Eugene is a big boy who can run and has a good arm. Why not take a chance on him? Maybe he impresses in camp, and if he doesn't then you cut him. Eugene brings more to the table then Allen for sure. I hope he goes to NFLE.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 11, 2007, 06:41:34 AM »

NFL Europe, 4th arm in camp, practice squad, insurance policy, next year gets a look.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #17 : January 11, 2007, 08:02:41 AM »

Plus if we allocate all these guys to Europe we get roster exempitons on other guys we may need to take longer looks at.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

« #18 : January 11, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »

http://www.nflhs.com/news/features/2006draftEugene_04102006_sim.asp

« #19 : January 11, 2007, 09:28:30 AM »

Where are they getting all these guys noone ever heard of?  This is their idea of making a splash in free agency?

It's not free agenct, is only offseason.  It's called throwing stuff against a wall and seeing what sticks.  You better be prepared to have another 20 names like these come up before FA starts.

Try to stay calm.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #20 : January 11, 2007, 11:01:26 AM »

What I dont understand, is why arent we seeking these type players that could potentially replace our 3rd string players?

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 11, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »

Sounds like Grads has some comp...Some people were pretty high on him last year coming out but he didn't look to hot at the combine.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 11, 2007, 01:47:28 PM »

I thought that maybe Gruden/Allen might take a chance on Plummer. One rumor now is that Plummer may go to JAX. I doubt it though as they have three very good QBs - and even if Leftwich leaves, they're still stacked at QB:

One NFL general manager predicted last month that wherever former Arizona State head coach Dirk Koetter ended up, former Arizona State quarterback Jake Plummer would follow. Well, Koetter has a new home -- Jacksonville. Now the intrigue is whether Plummer will be the next to wind up there. Koetter and Plummer are said to be admirer's of one another's work. Koetter was handed the keys to Jacksonville's offense on Jan. 8, and Plummer is expected to be handed his pink slip this offseason, if he isn't traded first.

Posted January 10, by Ben Maller

Yeah I heard the same exact thing!

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 12, 2007, 01:22:30 AM »

Akili Smith.

Everyone, take a damned chill pill.  The season isn;t over, and the Bucs are testing the shallow part of the creek.  Wait till the boat hits the ocean before we all lose are minds...err...at least some of you guys.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 12, 2007, 06:26:59 AM »

This is the signing of the decade.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BUCS SIGN QB BRUCE EUGENE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools