Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Bucs will be players this offseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 23, 2008, 11:20:34 PM »

Cassell has a pro-bowl offense to work with!
You do realize he's a major part of the probowl offense?
You do realize he's NOT a major factor for that...

Dude, he's the one pulling the trigger. Give the guy a lil credit.
and who's the 1(s) catching the bullets?

Let that marinate...

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #16 : December 23, 2008, 11:22:21 PM »

Matt Cassell would be an absolute steal.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #17 : December 23, 2008, 11:27:34 PM »

I totally agree hate.  Cassel appears to be the real deal.  People keep comparing him to other QB's that were one hit wonders or bringing up the fact that the offense he is in makes anyone look great.  I don't buy that garbage.  It's a great offensive scheme the Patriots run, playing to the strength of their athletes; too bad Gruden couldn't figure that out.  Also, then if Cassel isn't that great, then I guess Brady isn't all that good either?  The QB is what makes the entire offense tick.  The PAtriots O-line is old, the run game is not very good, and the WR are above average.  Cassel has made it work well, especially with his feet.

I hope we do our best at least trying to get him.

« #18 : December 23, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »

At least, we'd have something to look forward to.  

I think thats the case with a lot of us. More of the same just ain't gonna cut it.

I agree with you on the McCown/Cassell comments. I too think Luke could be a player here but doubt he'll be given his shot. Hell, is there any reason he should want to remain here?

Cassel appears to be the real deal. People keep comparing him to other QB's that were one hit wonders or bringing up the fact that the offense he is in makes anyone look great.

Dude may be a bust.... who knows, but at least we'd be trying and at this point that's what i'm after.

What cracks me up is when I read he's a "system" qb. What the hell is that.... and can I have some of that system PLEASE??

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 23, 2008, 11:34:13 PM »

the more i think about it, the more i wanna see us make a run at Cassell.
He's AT least 10 years too young for Gruden. Only way we do it is if Gruden is fired.

« #20 : December 23, 2008, 11:45:10 PM »

the more i think about it, the more i wanna see us make a run at Cassell.
He's AT least 10 years too young for Gruden. Only way we do it is if Gruden is fired.

OK  ;)

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 23, 2008, 11:55:58 PM »

This is gonna be a VERY interesting off-season.  We're gonna find out who's really calling the shots, and if the owners are  making "requests".  After watching our D against good teams the last few weeks, we need help at all 3 levels.  Desparately at the Dline, and at the OLB positions, IMO and I'm not sold on our secondary anymore.  With a better pass rush our secondary should be OK, IF we re-sign Phillips.  
I didn't realize how important he was until Sabby came in.  He's not ready for prime-time, IMO, and we need another top-flight CB.  Still burns me about losing Hamilton off the PS to the Bears.
Offensively, I think we need a young RB with some power, along with some speed on the outside.  OBviously, QB is #1, but that's a given.  We have ALOT of positions that need upgraded, be real interesting to see how we go about this off-season, will tell us alot about how committed this ownership really is.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 24, 2008, 12:04:14 AM »

BucsGuru, Brady was the backup to Bledsoe.., once he was injured they saw what they had in Brady and made him the starter even after signing Bledsoe to a long term contract...

Brady has been Brady even with less talented WR's...

Are you kidding? If Cassell is so good why would Pats let him walk and not keep him as a backup and then trade to highest bidder? Or better yet, beat out Brady in the TC and trade Brady for a lucrative amount of picks/players needed?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #23 : December 24, 2008, 12:05:53 AM »

BucsGuru, Brady was the backup to Doug Flutie, once he was injured they saw what they had in Brady and made him the starter even after signing Flutie to a long term contract...

Brady has been Brady even with less talented WR's...

Are you kidding? If Cassell is so good why would Pats let him walk and not keep him as a backup and then trade to highest bidder? Or better yet, beat out Brady in the TC and trade Brady for a lucrative amount of picks/players needed?

Bledsoe

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 24, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »

Yo bad Brad...I couldn't remember...

...brain fart...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 24, 2008, 12:44:26 AM »

Whether Matt is a beneficiary of his cowrkers or not, is he going to do better with the guys we have in place?

LET THAT MARINATE.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #26 : December 24, 2008, 01:49:11 AM »

The Cassell/McCown comparisons are silly. The guy process information much quicker than Luke.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 24, 2008, 02:04:51 AM »

You do realize he's NOT a major factor for that...

Dude, he's the one pulling the trigger. Give the guy a lil credit.

SEE. 

"hate", THIS is why I want Cassel here. All the "smart" ones homer McNabb....riiight..

The Pats aren't even 100% healthy on EITHER side of the ball. So when the Cassel-bashers say, "probowl offense", I guess they're talking about the guys that usually sit and watch the starters play too?

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

« #28 : December 24, 2008, 06:35:29 AM »

Mcnabb is the best fit for Gruden here. With him and a D-lineman or 2 we have a good chance at regaining our former play. I like Haynesworth but Suggs is also a very good pass rusher from off the edge. I remember how the Giants got real good real quick drafting and signing pass rushers for 3 years straight - then 1 day it all clicked.

nickerson56

Starter
« #29 : December 24, 2008, 03:08:07 AM »

Of the big 2 potential QBs, McNabb is clearly the superior choice.  McNabb has been getting it done without quality WRs for years.  The one time Philly actually had talent at the WR position, the Eagles went to the Super Bowl.  As sad as it sounds, I think our WR corps would be an upgrade over the "weapons" McNabb has in Philly (assuming we resign Bryant).  The only thing you worry about with McNabb (besides injury) is that he wont have nearly the same type of RB here in Tampa.  Westbrook is awfully valuable to McNabb in every facet of his game.  Regardless, I still think signing McNabb would make us instant Super Bowl contenders and add the franchise QB this team has lacked since its inception.  Cassel in this offense is too much of an unknown.  How will he respond to targeting Bryant/M80/etc versus Moss and Welker?  You know what you get with McNabb. 
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Bucs will be players this offseason « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools