Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Bucs will be players this offseason « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 24, 2008, 04:05:31 AM

The Cassell/McCown comparisons are silly. The guy process information much quicker than Luke.
Matt Cassell has been sacked 46 times.  :o

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#31 : December 24, 2008, 04:41:45 AM

The Glazers will not let Bruce Spend the money so do not get your hopes up for a big time QB.

DailyRich68

Starter
#32 : December 24, 2008, 07:43:31 AM

He was beat out at USC by 2 QB's remind you

Those 2 QBs?  Carson Palmer and Matt Leinert.  Let's rag on the guy for not beating out two Heisman Trophy winners.

DailyRich68

Starter
#33 : December 24, 2008, 07:45:38 AM

I wish we would have traded our #2 for Favre as then we wouldn't have nutted on the tin man pick in Dexter Jackson.  At least Favre, no matter how bad he plays or how old he is would have actually made some positive contribution.

We'd already drafted Jackson by the time Favre announced his comeback.

#34 : December 24, 2008, 08:45:13 AM

Matt Cassell would fall on his face here...I am all for McNabb here or making a run at Alex Smith

I rememebr preseason...No Moss the guy looked like a 2nd rate BUM

Pass on Cassell let someone else get the next Rob Johnson cuz we have already had him here

DailyRich68

Starter
#35 : December 24, 2008, 09:07:53 AM

I rememebr preseason...No Moss the guy looked like a 2nd rate BUM

The Lions went 4-0 in the pre-season.  We going to hold that up as the determining standard now?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 24, 2008, 10:58:59 AM

Those 2 QBs? Carson Palmer and Matt Leinert. Let's rag on the guy for not beating out two Heisman Trophy winners.
My point exactly...Couldn't beat out Palmer because he (Cassell) isn't an elite qb? Leinert sucked it up in AZ, hence, Warner starting...

A QB is only as good as his surroundings, ala Donte Culpepper (unless of course you have an elite QB)...

Now bring in DMN5 and watch Bryants #'s next year...

FYI - Heisman Award doesn't mean crap...

DailyRich68

Starter
#37 : December 24, 2008, 11:52:51 AM

Those 2 QBs? Carson Palmer and Matt Leinert. Let's rag on the guy for not beating out two Heisman Trophy winners.
My point exactly...Couldn't beat out Palmer because he (Cassell) isn't an elite qb? Leinert sucked it up in AZ, hence, Warner starting...

Juts because he couldn't beat out two outstanding college QBs doesn't mean he can't play in the NFL, regardless of what those two college QBs went on to do in the league.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 24, 2008, 02:17:42 PM

Brad Johnson also never started a game in college. Did OK in Minny, then Washington, he may have even won something here.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 24, 2008, 04:16:36 PM

Brady was Griese's backup

#40 : December 24, 2008, 04:18:36 PM

Whether Matt is a beneficiary of his cowrkers or not, is he going to do better with the guys we have in place?

LET THAT MARINATE.

Here's a lil sumthin for u to stew on..... can he be any worse?

Matt Cassell would fall on his face here...I am all for McNabb here or making a run at Alex Smith

No to Cassell but yes to Alex Smith?

Explain that logic.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#41 : December 24, 2008, 04:25:13 PM

He could be worse Hate... think Gradz.

However, I think Cassell could be a good QB for us. However, he does scare me. Im not sure how Cassell would do if he had to go out there and win a game. If it just came down to signing him, I would be all for signing Matt. However, if it comes down to trading day 1 picks for him. I want to explore other options.

I think Marc Bulger will be out in STL, and I think he could be a very good option here, and at 32, he isn't THAT old. He would atcually be the perfect age for playing until JJ is ready. Or he will atleast give us time to find a legit heir, whether it be JJ or someone else. Bulger has fallen off the past couple of year, mainly because of the team around him IMO, and I think that could make him an inexpensive good option. We could then spend money in other areas.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Bucs will be players this offseason « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools