Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The X-Mas Day Complaint Thread « previous next »
Page: 1

Yakuza Rich

Rookie

: December 23, 2008, 08:40:07 PM

This is the thread for all of us Grinch's to complain in about the next 48 hours.  I'll start:

What the hell is with all the restaurants offering buffets on December 25th?  Let's have the normal menus, guys.  Not lame-o buffets.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 23, 2008, 08:47:09 PM

I hate going to my Uncle's house for Christmas over 50 minutes away just to sit in a room with my family while my aunt's family sits in another room and just eat dinner and open gifts.

OH The major complaint I have is I would be spending Christmas on a sunny beach in Fort Myers Beach,Florida if my Dad could get the week off.

To all in Florida, I applaud you all for choosing the right way to spend a Christmas. In the nice sunny warm weather with a Pina Colada.

My dream Christmas

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 26, 2008, 07:59:04 AM

We like it. Moved here from the north in 1973. Would never go back.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 26, 2008, 12:55:42 PM

I hate going to my Uncle's house for Christmas over 50 minutes away just to sit in a room with my family while my aunt's family sits in another room and just eat dinner and open gifts.

OH The major complaint I have is I would be spending Christmas on a sunny beach in Fort Myers Beach,Florida if my Dad could get the week off.

To all in Florida, I applaud you all for choosing the right way to spend a Christmas. In the nice sunny warm weather with a Pina Colada.

My dream Christmas

It was kinda warm. Had to wear shorts while manning the BBQ. Damn near 80F yesterday, the weather down here is BRUTAL.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 26, 2008, 01:24:09 PM

I hate Oregonian drivers and their stupid chains. For god sakes yes its been the most snow probably in 15 years but it still isnt bad. If your driving 10 MPH with chains that means you should have never been on the road to begin with.

I hate also most starbucks being closed on the 25th.

But last but not least I just dont like holidays in general.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 26, 2008, 01:31:46 PM

This is the thread for all of us Grinch's to complain in about the next 48 hours. I'll start:

What the hell is with all the restaurants offering buffets on December 25th? Let's have the normal menus, guys. Not lame-o buffets.

What the hell is with restaurants, grocery stores, Walmart, etc. even being open on Christmas? Let your employees have a day off and be with their families instead of serving a bunch of lazy people that don't want to cook.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 26, 2008, 01:59:51 PM

Grilled on the beach--heaven.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 27, 2008, 11:29:55 AM

I guess my complaint is the people that refer to this holiday as "X-mas." I celebrate "Christmas" each year because I believe that's the reason we celebrate in the first place -- the day of Christ's birth. Not trying to start a religious holy war or anything, but you asked what my complaint is and that's it.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : December 27, 2008, 12:06:21 PM

Isn't X-Mas just shorthand for when you are writing Christmas? I've never heard anybody say X-Mas but I have seen a lot of people write it.

I'm not fond of gift giving. I enjoy the company of people and the holiday spirit, however, I do not enjoy giving or receiving gifts. There is a real pressure to give gifts which the retail monster is responsible for. I always tell people not to get me anything for Christmas, however, they always get me something. Because of this, I get them something in return because that's how it works. My girlfriend decided to buy me a new bag to carry my stuff to school and a cell phone case. I don't want either of those things because I want to pick out my own bag and I don't need a cell phone case; if I do, I will buy it myself and I will get the one I want. I need a new bag in the first place because the one I have now was given to me as a gift and it didn't work out. Now I have 2 bags that were gifts that probably aren't going to work out.

I asked for kitchen knives because my set sucks. I didn't get a set of knives. Instead I got a bamboo cutting board. I don't want a bamboo cutting board because I already have 2 cutting boards at home and of those I only use one. The one I don't use was a previous gift.

Everyone bought me sweaters. I like sweaters, however, I have enough sweaters now. Now I added about 10 sweaters that I don't need because I already had enough/ones I like. What am I supposed to do with the new ones?

I'm not going to complain about my own personal gift giving. I gave the girlfriend a diamond necklace and perfume and some drink decanter type thing that she wanted really really badly. I was happy that she got exactly what she wanted.

My final complaint is this: my girlfriend is a terrible gift giver. It's not that the gifts that she gives are bad, but rather that she hounds me about not using the gifts she gets me. She bought me a watch some time ago and when I started to wear a different watch it was - "why don't you wear the watch I got you anymore?" What the hell man, can't I wear a different watch? I like both watches...I just like this one for the things I'm doing right now. I don't particularly like to wear a clunky metal watch when I am cutting the grass or outside moving and lifting things. She's like a hawk too because she spots that stuff right away and calls me on it.

Anyhow, I told her about the bag and how perhaps we should return that and the cell phone cover. She just said she'd keep the stuff if I didn't want it. She was pretty pissed about it all. Oh well.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 27, 2008, 09:49:34 PM

Uh-oh Option. None of my business but reading that I see the warning lights going off and the "Danger" sign flashing repeatedly about the girlfriend. Sounds like she doesn't want to buy you what you want, but rather the stuff she wants you to have.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 28, 2008, 03:09:36 AM

It's the thought that counts?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#11 : December 28, 2008, 12:57:31 PM

Uh-oh Option. None of my business but reading that I see the warning lights going off and the "Danger" sign flashing repeatedly about the girlfriend. Sounds like she doesn't want to buy you what you want, but rather the stuff she wants you to have.

No it's not like that. I told her not to buy me anything so she did the best she could. Money's tight right now too. The gift I forgot about was speakers for my computer which she overheard me telling my friends I wanted.

I don't blame her for doing what she did. I just wish no gifts for me meant no gifts for me or that I could pick them out without hurting her feelings. That's the real issue. She's wonderful by the way! We just celebrated 6 years.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The X-Mas Day Complaint Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools