Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Possibility « previous next »
Page: 1

escobar

Hall of Famer

: October 13, 2006, 05:19:59 PM

After reading various websites today regarding possible trade prospects, I've gotta say, TJ Duckett seems like a pretty intriguing option. I have not read any reports that have us connected to him, this is just my own opinion. I've read that Washington never uses him and he was basically brought in due to the uncertainty of Portis before the season. He might end up being a perfect replacement for Alstott. If they don't feel like Campbell is their long term answer, maybe a Simms for Duckett swap straight up could be an option. Any thoughts?

buckit

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2006, 05:23:03 PM

Duckett is a good runner, but a below average blocking back.  He would not make a good FB, IMO.  But he'd be a good replacement for Pittman.  A Rocket backfield with Caddy and Duckett would actually scare opponents...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 13, 2006, 05:23:28 PM

Duckett is about the biggest **CENSORED** on the face of the earth for a man his size.   Forget that pansy.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 13, 2006, 05:25:42 PM

Hey java, I belive you made my old signature, which I didn't save. Do you still have a copy of it?

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

escobar

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 13, 2006, 05:27:53 PM

Excuse me if I don't believe that ANY NFL running back is a **CENSORED**. They get pounded play after play from some of the most physically imposing athletes in the world. That said, if he isn't that great at blocking I can't say that's really a step down from what we have now with Alstott.  Maybe if he was willing to improve that part of his game it could work out. If Alstott retires who is going to be our short yardage and goal line back? I think Caddy is capable of it but it wouldn't hurt to find a replacement or even just an added option for those situations to save some wear and tear on the guy.

#5 : October 13, 2006, 09:46:43 PM

Duckett is about the biggest **CENSORED** on the face of the earth for a man his size.   Forget that pansy.

I second that!!!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : October 14, 2006, 12:12:37 AM

Duckett is about the biggest **CENSORED** on the face of the earth for a man his size.   Forget that pansy.

Whoa, when did he take over for Ron Dayne?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2006, 12:16:54 AM

LMAO!!

#8 : October 14, 2006, 12:47:23 AM

Good point!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 14, 2006, 11:51:56 AM

QFT.

goto11

Starter
#10 : October 14, 2006, 11:54:38 AM

I've heard Duckett is terrible in the locker room.  Very selfish, not a good team player.  Exactly what the Bucs DON'T need right now.  There is nothing wrong with the Williams/Pittman combination that better run blocking couldn't fix.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 14, 2006, 02:28:37 PM

Hey Java, let us know how you really feel LOL

TBayJJ

Second String

#12 : October 14, 2006, 03:23:21 PM

I like TJ but I don't know if we could really use him.

G-Snake

Rookie

#13 : October 14, 2006, 03:37:36 PM

I'd offer a 5th at most for Duckett. He's like 3rd or 4th on the Redskins depth chart. Smart move by the Falcons though....

Norwood is five times as effective spelling Dunn than Ducket was.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#14 : October 14, 2006, 03:41:26 PM

i wouldnt go for duckett, just pick up another RB in the draft next year, some fresh legs, not extremely expensive, lots of rookie RB's are very effective, like addai and maurice jones drew, man i wish the bucs had jones drew and caddy

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade Possibility « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools