Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poppi « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: December 24, 2008, 05:46:33 PM

Many of you are aware of him from Rev's weekly predictions.

But Poppi will not participate in the final week.

He is in the hospital. Had eye surgery this AM in an attempt to save his good eye-glaucoma blinded his other eye 2 years ago. We were told he only had a 50/50 chance of coming thru the surgery and then be able to see.

Surgery went well-no complications, but we won't really know for a week.

Unc

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 24, 2008, 05:50:40 PM

good luck and god speed

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 24, 2008, 05:51:48 PM

Hope he gets well, Stan.  Our dogs are part of our family, too.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#3 : December 24, 2008, 05:52:52 PM

Hopefully all works out.

bucsfan4ever

Pro Bowler
#4 : December 24, 2008, 05:56:12 PM

Unc

Wishing the best for Poppi and the surgery. My little guy has diabeties and had to take him to Dallas for the same eye surgery. It was amazing the change when he could see again.

Sorry to hear that Poppi will not be here this week, bet she would win

Take Care Poppi I am pulling for you.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 25, 2008, 12:46:13 AM

Best wishes for the puppy prognosticator

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 25, 2008, 06:00:46 AM

I have a **CENSORED**er Spaniel named Onyx that will be 15 if she makes it March 31st.

Before our children we treated her like she was our child.  But with kids, she became the odd man out.  She no longer lives inside the house.  She lost her hearing about 3-5 years ago.  She is blind in her right eye, and losing sight in her left.  I always said that we would never put her down, but I never thought she would live this long.  Caring for animals is a responsibility, and I'm beginning to understand that prolonging her life may be the worst thing I could actually do.

Good luck Stan with Poppi.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 25, 2008, 07:11:08 AM

Stay strong Unc

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 25, 2008, 07:28:49 AM

BucsGuru,

Poppi is also a **CENSORED**er spaniel who will be 13 in March.

Is also losing his hearing. Eyes and ears are known problems for **CENSORED**ers.

Poppi is my dog. My wife has a little terrier.

We debated the same issue with the vet for over and hour but decided we had to at least give it a shot. Glad that was our ultimate decision.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 25, 2008, 09:30:14 AM

Sorry to hear about Poppi...Hope all is well Unc...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 25, 2008, 09:43:09 AM

Yucc,

Nothing like a slobbering lick on the face, no matter when. It always makes things better.

As we have no kids, they are spoiled rotten-as they should be.

bucsfan4ever

Pro Bowler
#11 : December 25, 2008, 10:06:48 AM

Yucc,

Nothing like a slobbering lick on the face, no matter when. It always makes things better.

As we have no kids, they are spoiled rotten-as they should be.

Knew there was a reason I liked a lot of people here - I have 2 **CENSORED**ers and 2 **CENSORED** a poos

Have to disagree with you Unc about the licks - 2AM on a cold night in NOT a good time but u r right about making things better  LOL

Get a dog and learn what true love is

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 25, 2008, 10:31:37 AM

bucsfan4ever,

Hopefully you are aware of the eye and ear problems for **CENSORED**ers. Our original vet (retired a few years ago) never told us to have his eyes tested on a regular basis as they are very very susceptible to glaucoma and if caught early enough there are drops that can delay the inevitable. We didn't know until it was too late to save one of his eyes.

We were then taught to watch for redness on the top side of the eyeball and if so, get him to a special eye vet for a pressure check right away. The redness denotes pressure on the eye-it should be well below 20 and over 20 is trouble with a capital T. (Poppi was over 40 when they had to "kill" the eye. The pain to a dog with this kind of situation is like a constant migraine to a human.)

Just sayin-from sadly learning the hard way.

"Get a dog and learn what true love is"  How true.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 25, 2008, 10:39:55 AM

Hope he pulls through, Stan.

I've had many pets (mostly cats) growing up but the one that I remember best is Gemi, a German Short Haired Pointer who loved to wrestle with me.
My Dad built her a house and pen outside and I would lay in the house to keep her company.

When she got older, she got sick. And my parents decided to put her to sleep instead of spending the money on the surgery that might have fixed her.
I was mad then and all these years later, I still wonder if they could have saved her or if they were just being cheap. I never asked them how much it
would have cost to have the surgery that she needed.

You did the right thing for Poppi. Update us when things change.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 25, 2008, 12:20:44 PM

Joe, (and others)

Got our call from the vet this AM.

Poppi is holding his own. No negatives so far. With any luck we may be able to bring him home tomorrow.

Thank you all for your concerns. We appreciate it.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Poppi « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools