Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 01/11 Bucs mock « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: January 11, 2007, 01:08:08 PM

Not much has changed from last time other than bottom of draft
(Joe Thomas will be a Brown or Lion)

1) Gaines Adams-Great DE will add much needed young talent on the DL
2a) Jeff Samardzija- Reminds me of another Joe Juerivicious and Gruden will also think so if he plays at the senior bowl and is able to coach him.
2b)Fred Bennett CB South Carolina-Great CB with a lot of upside will and a prefect fit in the Kiffin defense
3) Brian Leonard- Gruden will fall in love with him at the Senior Bowl (if he is participating)
4) Prescott Burgess LB Michigan-  The only reason he falls here is that there is so many other LB in this draft or he would be in the top two rounds
5) Dan Mozes C West Virginia- Fast atheltic Center..playing for the Mountianeers you have to be
7) Marquay Mcdaniel WR/PR Hampton- Speedster who may have a shot of making the return game here an asset instead of a liability

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : January 11, 2007, 01:11:49 PM

Gaines adams=overrated (would rather have jaamal anderson or CJ)

Jeff Samardzija doesnt really fit what we need imo, we would be better suited with a sidney rice or dwayne bowe imo

#2 : January 11, 2007, 01:21:38 PM

Gaines adams=overrated (would rather have jaamal anderson or CJ)

Jeff Samardzija doesnt really fit what we need imo, we would be better suited with a sidney rice or dwayne bowe imo

Jeff does have that in your face attitute and aside from his former teammate Stovall would be the best  hands guy we could have who has a bit of speed.  He is a carbon copy of Joe....someone Gruden probably kicks himself everyday for losing. They were running reverses and screen plays at ND with Jeff

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 11, 2007, 01:24:55 PM

No disrespect, but

1. I'm still intrigued by him, but it's sounding more and more like some underclassman is going to surpass him. However, I still like going DE in this spot.
2. a. I'm not against WR in this spot, but we don't need any more tall, lanky ones. The team is going to need a smaller, shiftier receiver to replace Galloway before long. Some have mentioned Chansi Stuckey depedning on where he grades out.
2. b. Don't know much about him but I'm cool with a corner here.
3. Really sick of the Leonard man love. Sorry.
4. Sounds possibly ok.
5. I'm interested to see how he grades out and whether he's just a good college player a la Greg Eslinger or if he has pro potential.
7. Why not.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 11, 2007, 01:40:26 PM

No disrespect, but

2. a. I'm not against WR in this spot, but we don't need any more tall, lanky ones. The team is going to need a smaller, shiftier receiver to replace Galloway before long. Some have mentioned Chansi Stuckey depedning on where he grades out.

Why? Didn't Gruden's offense work in Oakland with Rice and Brown as his wideouts? Didn't the offense come to life during a Super Bowl run with KJ, Keenan, and JJ at WR? I know it's nice to have a deep threat guy, but I really don't think it's something we MUST have or will be dead without. What got us into trouble in the past was not having a QB that could get it deep...not necessarily guys who could not get deep.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 11, 2007, 02:00:38 PM

No disrespect, but

Why? Didn't Gruden's offense work in Oakland with Rice and Brown as his wideouts? Didn't the offense come to life during a Super Bowl run with KJ, Keenan, and JJ at WR? I know it's nice to have a deep threat guy, but I really don't think it's something we MUST have or will be dead without. What got us into trouble in the past was not having a QB that could get it deep...not necessarily guys who could not get deep.
Rice was listed as 6'2", Brown as 6'0", and McCardell as 6'1" and I'd say all qualify as the shifty type I think the Bucs need, and the type that seems to be having more and more success in the NFL with the recent rules changes. I don't see Samardzija as one of those types.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

zed

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 11, 2007, 02:28:37 PM

But before Jerry Rice, the 49ers had Dwight Clark, who made "The Catch" that got them to their first ever super bowl.  I think the number one priority in WRs should be hands.

#7 : January 11, 2007, 02:59:13 PM

I think if Samardzija is there in the second round we take him....
Actually I this he could be the gem of our draft...and by far my favorite pick of the draft

The kids is 6'5 218 lbs and runs a 4.5/40
He has been the man before and knows how to deal with pressure.
He is agressive to the ball and a winner
Kid has sure hands and isnt afraid to go over the middle.
Some wonder if it was Brady being that good or Jeff making him look that good

#8 : January 11, 2007, 03:36:01 PM

here is some of the talk from some irish fans who have seen him week in and week out

hes sneaky fast, like an Eric Moulds.. also he isnt afraid to take on CB or LB and has the size and strength to break their tackles

HANDS!!!
6'5 frame
tons of YAC

Shark reminds me of Fred Biletnikoff. The guy catches everything thrown his way and almost always wins the jump ball type pass. He is simply deadly in the red zone and has deceptive speed with the ability to make guys miss. Barring injury, I think he will have a long and productive pro career. The only negative he has is that he can be nuetralized by double coverage, so it is best to play a receiver opposite to him that commands attention as well to not allow the defense to double up on Shark all day long. Shark against zone or single coverage man to man is simply unstoppable

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 11, 2007, 05:09:00 PM

Prescott Burgess is a beast....I would love to have him

Larry Brackins

Starter
#10 : January 11, 2007, 06:03:25 PM

Adams may be the second best end in the draft.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 11, 2007, 06:09:12 PM

Doesn't Samardzija have the opportunity to play baseball as well?  Could be risky.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 11, 2007, 06:11:05 PM

2. a. I'm not against WR in this spot, but we don't need any more tall, lanky ones. The team is going to need a smaller, shiftier receiver to replace Galloway before long. Some have mentioned

If I remember correctly, Stovall has cross-trained at all 3 WR positions. However, it's been said he is set to take Galloway's place when he is gone. IF that is how it pans out, having Jeff on the other side would reunite a pretty darn good tandem.

Yes, he has been looked at to play pro ball and I think he may have even gotten an offer.

#13 : January 11, 2007, 09:20:19 PM

Doesn't Samardzija have the opportunity to play baseball as well? Could be risky.

Playing in Tampa Bay, Playing for Gruden, and a chance to play with Stovall and having a QB like Chris Simms.....I think the Shark would forget baseball

Yes he has an offer and I tink he was drafted...however his first love is football

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 12, 2007, 12:17:21 AM

We aren't drafting defense in the 1st round, I can almost gurantee it unless some player has a sick combine.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 01/11 Bucs mock « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools