Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers updated Big Board « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: January 11, 2007, 01:26:05 PM

For the Juniors that have declared, they are listed. Those that have not declared, such as Brohm are not listed.

*1. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225) | previous: UR
He's not only a tremendous athlete, but he's also a hard worker and very team oriented.

2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313) | previous: Same
Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan.

3. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame (6-3½, 225) | previous: 1
Poised, smart and at his best in pressure situations. Quinn did throw two interceptions in Sugar Bowl after throwing just one INT in his previous eight games.

*4. JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU (6-6, 260) | previous: UR
Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm. Decision-making improved significantly this season.

*5. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas (6-5, 270) | previous: UR
Gifted athlete, coming off an exceptional 2006 campaign. A complete player, equally as solid versus the run as he is as a pass rusher.

*6. Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218) | previous: UR
Talented RB with an excellent burst to the outside for a back his size. The concern is durability.

*7. Alan Branch, DT, Michigan (6-5½, 328) | previous: UR
Huge and athletic, Branch is a true space-eater along the interior. Once his technique improves, watch out!

*8. Marshawn Lynch, RB, California (5-11, 224) | previous: UR
Complete big back, right on the heels of Adrian Peterson when it comes to who will be the top RB in the draft.

9. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson (6-4½, 260) | previous: 4
Flashes dominating ability with his athleticism and quickness. Adams leads the Tigers with 10½ sacks and 15½ tackles for loss.

10. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan (5-11, 193) | previous: 3
Tough customer who also shows very good anticipation and awareness in coverage. Hall leads the Wolverines with three interceptions.

11. LaRon Landry, DB, LSU (6-1½, 205) | previous: 6
Four-year starter who has proven to be Mr. Reliable throughout his career. Landry lead LSU with 42 solo tackles.

12. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville (6-1½, 298) | previous: 5
A four-year veteran, and he is only 19 years old. Okoye is quick and explosive and goes all-out on every play. He is not only good at eating up space but also gets good penetration into the backfield. He's second on the Cardinals in both sacks and tackles for loss.

13.  Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame (6-4½, 215) | previous: 10
Super hands and concentration with outstanding speed-to-size ratio. He caught a touchdown pass in the final five games of the season.

*14.  Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC (6-4, 210) | previous: UR
Has the size and natural pass receiving skills to create mismatches against smaller CB's. Also has better quickness out of his break than people give him credit for.

*15. Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee (6-2½, 210) | previous: UR
Came through with a number of highlight film type "wow" plays this season. If he runs well at the Combine, Meachem could elevate his draft position in the weeks leading up to the draft.

16. Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas (6-5, 308) | previous: 9
Ugoh's stock has been rising all year to the point where he's one of the more intriguing senior prospects in the nation.

*17.  Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia (6-2, 280) | previous: UR
Shows natural pass rush skills and his workout numbers should be eye catching.

18. Levi Brown, OT, Penn St. (6-4½, 325) | previous: 15
Steady and reliable at protecting the quarterback's blind side.

*19. Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina (6-3, 200) | previous: Angular wide-out with a nice burst out of his break and above average hands. The key for Rice will be how well he runs at the combine workout.

20. Ryan Kalil, C, USC (6-2½, 292) | previous: 12
His performance during the latter stages of his career has been that of a first- or second-round draft choice.

*21. Lawrence Timmons, LB, Florida St. (6-2¼, 233) | previous: UR
Moves right to the top of a very subpar LB'ing corps overall, particularly from the senior class. His production and consistency from game to game are what jumps out at you with Timmons.

22. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska (6-6, 320) | previous: 8
You just don't see many defensive ends carrying 300 pounds who can move as well as Carriker.

23. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU (6-2, 217) | previous: 13
Big and productive, Bowe runs excellent routes and has the toughness to catch the ball in traffic.

24. Marshal Yanda, OT, Iowa (6-4, 300) | previous: UR
Well coached with outstanding technique, Yanda has been enjoying a steady rise up the draft board. Also will provide a great deal of versatility at the pro level.

24. Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue (6-3¼, 273) | previous: 18
He has become a much more effective pass-rusher this season for the Boilermakers. The key at the next level will be his athleticism and versatility, because I project he would be an ideal outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

Baghead #2

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 11, 2007, 01:33:01 PM

So is it time to jump on the Jamaal Anderson bandwagon yet?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 11, 2007, 01:34:20 PM

The Bucs won't go anywhere without a franchise type QB. Simms isn't going to get it done, IMO. I'm willing to risk our #1 on Russell.

BTW, thanks for the list.
Russell has the Raiders written all over him.

nflinsider

Starter

#3 : January 11, 2007, 01:38:02 PM

The Bucs won't go anywhere without a franchise type QB. Simms isn't going to get it done, IMO. I'm willing to risk our #1 on Russell.

BTW, thanks for the list.

If Russell is there at #3 but I have a feeling the Raiders could take him with the first pick. I agree with you though, this team will continue to struggle until they get the QB situation straightend out.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#4 : January 11, 2007, 01:40:50 PM

Ill be happy if the Bucs get Jamaal anderson or CJ, but im hoping more for CJ

superbuc

Practice Squad
#5 : January 11, 2007, 01:41:07 PM

I grew up in NC, so, I didn't know much about the SEC.  It's amazing to look at that list and see how many SEC and ACC guys are on it (about half).  I think it's great for both conferences.....and speaks volumes.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 11, 2007, 01:44:50 PM

So is it time to jump on the Jamaal Anderson bandwagon yet?

I would like to, but I'm going to wait and see how he looks in workouts. He will need good numbers to be worth the 3rd or 4th pick.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 11, 2007, 01:49:58 PM

I'm involved in a guy like Anderson no doubt, esp if we don't address DE via FA! We need in order to me anyway

1. LT- would be QB but we have Simms and his "last horrah"
2. QB- It would be hard to pass on Quinn or Russell should one be there
3. DE- We will more than likely make a move via FA but we could still pursue one via the draft

All in all, I love our spot! ! ! ! ! ! !!

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 11, 2007, 01:50:16 PM

Hate seeing Spencer up there in the 20's. I was looking for him to fall through the cracks and to us if we wind up with a non-DE type at the top of the board.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 11, 2007, 01:52:39 PM

I have heard his name mentioned. I for one am not real familiar with the guy though. Purdue turned out Shaun Phillips (stud OLB/DE for the Chargers). He seems to be, by measurables to be the same type player.

Baghead #2

#10 : January 11, 2007, 01:58:19 PM

This whole Quinn thing is annoying. He faces cupcake defense after cupcake defense...and then when he faces a real team...he throws picks. If he were going to a real school he would be a second round QB.

He lights it up with 70% completion percentages against the likes of Army, North Carolina and Navy...but put USC or Michigan in front of him and he can't crack 50%.

But...the all knowing Weiss has put his stamp of approval on the guy...

...and how can you argue with this guy?

shall555

Starter

#11 : January 11, 2007, 02:10:21 PM

I like CJ, but if the rumblings are true that the Bucs are talking with Oakland about a Randy Moss trade and Joe Thomas, going to the Lions, I'd have to go with Jamaal Anderson. Who knows? Gruden speaks so highly of Peppers, he'd like to have his own version. I still think a DE combo of Rice and Anderson would strike fear in the hearts of our opponents.

#12 : January 11, 2007, 02:13:48 PM

Russell has the Raiders written all over him.

Yep.  Right next to "Bust".

IMO

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 11, 2007, 02:17:06 PM

I think Russell might go to the Raiders and Quinn to the Lions. That leaves all the players I want left. While a franchise QB might be nice, I am not sold on either Russell or Quinn and would rather go in another direction. We have other needs and there's still a chance that Simms could develop. Gruden has mentioned rebuilding the line and installing the shotgun and tweaking his offense to better match what Simms can do. If Simms can rebound (or if we can sign someone like Garcia as a backup plan) then I am fine with going another direction.

I'd love to see either Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, or Jamaal Anderson. I think Anderson is a better pass rusher and overall better player than Adams. I think there are 4 big factors. One...what do Oakland and the Lions do. Number 2 is the coin toss. If Cleveland jumps over us, then they might take either an OT or a DE. The third is if we sign a DE in free agency. If we do, then it's not as big a need. Finally, Joe Thomas' knee. If his knee is hurt and it's not something minor, then I'd hate to take someone with an injury problem. We don't need to draft someone and then watch them get hurt right away. We all see what happened to Walker and his knee issue.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 11, 2007, 02:30:33 PM

Anybody know anything about this guy?  Versatility is a word that sticks out when I hear JG talking O-Line.

24. Marshal Yanda, OT, Iowa (6-4, 300) | previous: UR
Well coached with outstanding technique, Yanda has been enjoying a steady rise up the draft board. Also will provide a great deal of versatility at the pro level

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers updated Big Board « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools