Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers updated Big Board « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 11, 2007, 02:47:30 PM

Marshal Yanda
OG | (6'4", 295, 5.17) | IOWA

Scouts Grade: 60

Strengths: Fires off ball, doesn't take many false steps and can get into position quickly. Moves down the line well and flashes the ability to seal defenders lined up outside him. Takes sound angles to blocks, has adequate range and can get into position at the second level. Possesses decent upper-body strength, uses his hands fairly well and doesn't lose many battles once locked onto the defender. Plays with a great motor and gives top effort on every play. Drives his legs and flashes ability to sustain blocks once in position. Shows good lateral mobility when run blocking and is generally an effective zone blocker. Possesses adequate athletic ability and can cut defenders. Gets into pass set quickly and has long arms to ride rushers past the pocket. Has experience lining up at tackle and is somewhat versatile. Showed steady progress at the collegiate level and should continue to get better as he gains experience.

Weaknesses: Isn't big enough to engulf defenders or wear them down over the course of a game and doesn't have the lower-body strength to drive defenders off the ball. Plays with a narrow base and can lose balance. Takes too long to change directions and is vulnerable to double moves. Footwork is somewhat inconsistent and can set up too far outside in an effort to mask his lack of ideal explosiveness when pass blocking. Bends at the waist rather than the knees, lacks great size and can get pushed back into the pocket by bull rushers. Can be overaggressive and has some problems controlling emotions.

Overall: Yanda originally attended Northern Iowa Area Community College for the 2003 and 2004 seasons, playing both guard and tackle. He earned All-Region honors in both 2003 and 2004 and was named an honorable mention All-American following the 2004 campaign. Yanda signed with Iowa in February of 2005, participated in spring practice, and then started all 14 contests (first four games at left guard, final eight at right tackle) as a junior. In 2006, he started all 13 games, nine of those coming at right tackle with four others at left tackle.

Yanda doesn't have overwhelming power or great athletic ability but he is a tough drive-blocker who never stops working. He also can be a sound pass blocker when lined up inside. He played out of position at right and left tackle as a senior, but he projects as a guard in the NFL. Yanda could eventually emerge as a solid starter at the next level, which is why he warrants consideration early on the second day.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

scope88

Starter

#16 : January 11, 2007, 03:07:24 PM

Look how far Gaines Adams has dropped.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 11, 2007, 03:11:22 PM

I think Russell might go to the Raiders and Quinn to the Lions. That leaves all the players I want left. While a franchise QB might be nice, I am not sold on either Russell or Quinn and would rather go in another direction.
I really don't think the Lions will take Brady. They will go Adams or Thomas....or I guess maybe Calvin Johnson because it is afterall the Lions.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 11, 2007, 03:19:36 PM

If we go D in the first round and Troy Smith is available in the second do we jump? I think not but what do I know

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 11, 2007, 03:21:29 PM

If we go D in the first round and Troy Smith is available in the second do we jump? I think not but what do I know
Maybe with the later second. I think he'll be there in the 3rd.

watson

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 11, 2007, 03:44:13 PM

Does anyone have last year's version of Kiper's draft report?  It would be interesting to see where the players he had rated for the first round actually was drafted.  

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 11, 2007, 03:52:21 PM

The "grades" of all the experts:

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/top100/index.shtml

As always Gosselin is  the man but he "cheats" by not doing any work himself and just asking people who they will draft. What a concept.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

watson

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 11, 2007, 05:34:47 PM

The "grades" of all the experts:

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/top100/index.shtml

As always Gosselin is the man but he "cheats" by not doing any work himself and just asking people who they will draft. What a concept.

Dal,
This is cool, but what I would like to see is how his prediction of when a player will be taken and by whom versus where they actually got drafted and by which team.  That would give you an idea of how accurate his slotting of the players is....ie Bush #1, Williams #2, etc versus what number in which round was the player drafted.  After the combine, Senior Bowl, etc most of the sites can ID the top 100 players.  The top 25 are at around 75% accurate.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

agsapp

Starter

#23 : January 11, 2007, 07:00:13 PM

Amazing how many underclassmen are rated in the top ten.  Hard to go wrong with either the 3rd or 4th pick in the 1st round.  Personally, I'd like to see the Bucs select Joe Thomas OT.  But, that's only if the Bucs jettison Muir.  I don't think Thomas would thrive under Muir's incompetence.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 11, 2007, 07:32:52 PM

Does anyone have last year's version of Kiper's draft report?  It would be interesting to see where the players he had rated for the first round actually was drafted. 
He had Winston Justice to Philly with pick #14...one round off!  He had the Bucs taking Cromartie...and Davin going in the 2nd round to Detroit...Lendale White to Carolina with the 27th pick...those are just a few

You must be accountable for your actions!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 11, 2007, 08:04:15 PM

I have his annual draft report that is mailed but not the website jazz. I'll tell you right now, when you get outiside the top 10 things start getting shaky unless you hit every pick.

Anyway we need peterson to go ahead and declare. That is one more player the Browns will be interested in.

Baghead #2

#26 : January 11, 2007, 09:52:42 PM

Ill be happy if the Bucs get Jamaal anderson or CJ, but im hoping more for CJ

I was listening to Kiper today and he said that CJ is a bigger, faster Larry Fitzgerald. Said he's a hard worker, and totally about the team. A "hand the ball to the ref after a td" type of guy. If available, how do you pass that up?

shall555

Starter

#27 : January 11, 2007, 09:59:28 PM

Imagine a WR with the ability of Randy Moss with the toughness and work ethic of Derrick Brooks and Mike Alstott. THAT is Calvin Johnson.

STRICK9

Second String

#28 : January 12, 2007, 09:43:19 AM

Imagine a WR with the ability of Randy Moss with the toughness and work ethic of Derrick Brooks and Mike Alstott. THAT is Calvin Johnson.

WELL SAID!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 12, 2007, 10:01:23 AM

I was listening to Kiper today and he said that CJ is a bigger, faster Larry Fitzgerald. Said he's a hard worker, and totally about the team. A "hand the ball to the ref after a td" type of guy. If available, how do you pass that up?

All things being equal: do you want Tory Holt or Walter Jones?

That's how.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers updated Big Board « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools