Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Schottenheimer be out of a job on Monday? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 11, 2007, 05:56:54 PM

I agree.  I think the Pats win this one.

#16 : January 11, 2007, 06:16:06 PM

It would be hard to justify a Schottenheimer firing IMO, even considering his deteriorating relationship to the ownership. What did he do wrong? Lose to the Pats?

How bout not win a playoff game since 1993? How is this guy still coaching?

By the way, he WILL be jobless come Monday. Go Pats!!!

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#17 : January 11, 2007, 07:10:23 PM

Don't see him getting fired, maybe next season if ihe fails to reach the SB yet again.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 11, 2007, 07:49:11 PM

keeponbucn - just use www.ctunnel.com, CTunnel is here to protect your anonymity online! Browse the web through our server to get past pesky url or ip based filters!

Sorry, just realized I was a bit late with that...

Anyways, it's there for future reference...

thanks player. Will do.

#19 : January 11, 2007, 09:04:05 PM

How bout not win a playoff game since 1993? How is this guy still coaching?

Not since 1993?

That's pretty bad...

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#20 : January 11, 2007, 10:15:49 PM

Well..let's say he wins Sunday, then loses to Baltimore/Indy.  What happens then?  Does this guy have to win the Super Bowl to keep his job?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 11, 2007, 10:36:28 PM

Funny...This season for the Chargers was actually the closest that there has been to an undefeated season that the there has been in the NFL maybe all the way back to '72. The Chargers did lose early in the season, but it was only two games, by a total of 6 points.

Both games, they led or were tied in the fourth quarter.

It would be hard to justify a Schottenheimer firing IMO, even considering his deteriorating relationship to the ownership. What did he do wrong? Lose to the Pats?

We'll see.

Well if this scenario came true what he did wrong would be squander the superbowl hopes of arguably the most explosive team in the NFL.

#22 : January 11, 2007, 11:21:08 PM

Well..let's say he wins Sunday, then loses to Baltimore/Indy. What happens then? Does this guy have to win the Super Bowl to keep his job?

I would think he's got to get at least 1 playoff win.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 11, 2007, 11:35:05 PM

I love how people assume that not winning a Lombardi means you are a bad coach....kind of like how that Cowher is a bad coach.  Hell, he only won one right?

Schotennheimer is a great coach.  Dungy is a great coach.  Gruden is a good coach.  There are a few good coaches, and a lot of guys who are so-so...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#24 : January 11, 2007, 11:52:34 PM

Tom Brady is an android!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 12, 2007, 12:11:21 AM

Schotennheimer is a great coach.  Dungy is a great coach.  Gruden is a good coach.

Disagree. Disagree. Agree.

#26 : January 12, 2007, 12:20:57 AM

I love how people assume that not winning a Lombardi means you are a bad coach....kind of like how that Cowher is a bad coach. Hell, he only won one right?

Schotennheimer is a great coach. Dungy is a great coach. Gruden is a good coach. There are a few good coaches, and a lot of guys who are so-so...

Cowher won playoff games. Marty hasn't in 13 years, January 8, 1994 to be exact.  What makes him a great coach?

Ignohippo

Second String

#27 : January 12, 2007, 01:40:27 AM

As Chiefs season ticket holder for many of Marty's years, I think there are a lot of things people forget. He had two 13-3 seasons in his last four years as the Chiefs head coach. In both seasons, the starting QB went down and Gannon won the games only to be replaced by the "now healthy" starting QB in the playoffs (which they lost miserably). Sound familiar? I think that decision had come from the GM/Pres Carl Peterson and was out of Marty's control (just as I believe it was this year with Green).

What makes Marty a great coach? I don't have the particulars (maybe someone can help me out). I may be wrong on some of these but here it goes:
– Cleveland: Led the team to the AFC Championship (where have they been since?)
– KC: Returned a team that was abismal in the 80s to one of the best (if not the best) win/loss record of any team in the 90s. Achieved the playoffs every year but two in his 12(?) years as coach (where have they been since?).
– Washington: in his one and only year, won the last eight games straight before getting canned. Where have they been since?
– San Diego: 14-2 in 2006!

The only thing the guy does is turn franchises around into winners.
If he gets fired this year, it will be only because their new GM is threatened by him. Marty and Ron Wolf mapped out the future of the franchise before Wolf died and the new GM (rightfully so) wants control. I can understand both sides of it but a coach like Schottenheimer doesn't come around too often. The Marty situation is a lot like the Dungy one and the only thing I can say is be careful what you wish for. If Marty leaves SD, they'll return to cellar of the AFC West.

**Oh yeah, in KC he also had Paul Hackett as OC for a few of his last years. Paul Hackett is one of the worst OCs I've ever had to watch. Believe me, the poor QB performance this year with the Bucs is nothing out of the ordinary for Mr. Hackett. I don't think he's been called out half as much as he deserves for the the poor Bucs QB play this year. The guy has to go. We'll never have a decent Offense with him in the organization.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 12, 2007, 01:48:58 AM

I love how people assume that not winning a Lombardi means you are a bad coach....kind of like how that Cowher is a bad coach. Hell, he only won one right?

Schotennheimer is a great coach. Dungy is a great coach. Gruden is a good coach. There are a few good coaches, and a lot of guys who are so-so...

Cowher won playoff games. Marty hasn't in 13 years, January 8, 1994 to be exact. What makes him a great coach?
Schott has shown the ability to coach a good team.  The playoffs is a hard river to steer.

#29 : January 12, 2007, 06:45:26 AM

No more MARTY BALL for you!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Schottenheimer be out of a job on Monday? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools