Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Schottenheimer be out of a job on Monday? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 12, 2007, 08:41:50 AM

I love how people assume that not winning a Lombardi means you are a bad coach....kind of like how that Cowher is a bad coach.  Hell, he only won one right?

Schotennheimer is a great coach.  Dungy is a great coach.  Gruden is a good coach.  There are a few good coaches, and a lot of guys who are so-so...

Schottenheimer has an awful playoff record. Period, there's no way to hide that. He had big time Chiefs teams that were home field edge and everuthing and still got punked out in the playoffs. Until he shakes that there's no way I trust him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#31 : January 12, 2007, 08:58:38 AM

January 8,[size=8]1994[/size]..... Marty's last playoff win.

'nuff said!!!!!

#32 : January 12, 2007, 10:00:43 AM

I love how people assume that not winning a Lombardi means you are a bad coach....kind of like how that Cowher is a bad coach. Hell, he only won one right?

Schotennheimer is a great coach. Dungy is a great coach. Gruden is a good coach. There are a few good coaches, and a lot of guys who are so-so...

Marty is not a "great" coach. He is a pretty good coach...true. But I wouldn't go so far as to call the guy great. He is far too conservative and lacks the ability to go for the kill. He likes to play it safe and...he is actually pretty good at playing it safe. The guy knows how to devise a plan that will run down a clock like nobody's business.

This weekend he faces a "great" coach. The Chargers look to be the more talented team. But, Bill is just a better coach than Marty. Which is why I take the dog in this one.

Also...I would debunk both Dungy and Gruden one notch. Dungy would be good and Gruden is okay...or so-so. I think Gruden used to be pretty damn good, but he has lost something. It is almost like winning the Super Bowl has made him complacent. Sometimes I think it will take him losing his job to get his edge back.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Schottenheimer be out of a job on Monday? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools