Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are you upset with the media? « previous next »
Page: 1

HughC

Pro Bowler

: December 28, 2008, 02:03:49 AM

What I hate about the national media is that we keep hearing off field gossip (TO, Plaxico, etc.) rather than in depth analysis.  Apparently I'm in the minority, but I'd prefer to hear discussions such as whether or not Brian Westbrook can get yardage against the Cowboys, or what the Giants need to do to stop Adrian Peterson; rather than Roy Williams pouting about not getting the ball or Brett Favre for the 8th straight year dropping a hint that he may not return, etc.

What I hate about the local media is their lack of knowledge on their subject matter.  I can give the national media a bit of a pass since there are 32 teams, but when you are covering just one team and one sport, there's no excuse for not knowing what is going on in your 4-hour radio show or three-times-a-week newspaper column.   When fans who work full time jobs and follow sports in their spare time know more than somebody getting paid 6-figures to be an expert in that sport, that is sad.

Bucs33

Second String

#1 : December 27, 2008, 12:22:10 PM

I am so sick of people saying "give this guy or give my team some love"  or "we don't get respect" 

Do you really care about that, seriously?  Do you take it personally or something?  Where you really upset before the 2002 NFC title game against the eagles because everyone picked the eagles based on their track record against the bucs?

To me this is all I care about as a Bucs fan

1) Roster moves - Sign, release, trade, or who will be a free agent

2) Win and losses and why they happened

3) that the team will not move

--I really am not too conerned with injuries , it is just like luck in sports, we all accept and know it is there but cannot rely on it.  All it is is good fortune vs. bad fortune.  I have found my buccaneers in recent years with by fan less interesting personnel as well.

Everything else is really crap, everyday on espn's sports center that will run for an hour there is 8 minutes of informations, 12 minutes of commercials, and 40 minutes of gossip, show filler, and opinion.   It is like people hang on every piece of Bucs relatred crap they can find and make up "news" or stories.  People look into lockerrooms and make opinions on things when they know very little.  Speculation and opinion is the only reason for this forum.  Is it really that big of a deal for you?

I posted here that I know of someone who works for the bucs and heard Bruce allen on the phone with someone from the eagles talking about McNabb 3 weeks ago and I get the post deleted.  This person know signings and other events LONG before they happened and I have tremendous faith in that statement.  I am not sure what everyone looks to get out of this forum?  Gossip? Speculation? THink they know something no one else knows?  What is the reason, plesae let me know.

3drdre

Starter

#2 : December 27, 2008, 01:40:06 PM

I hate the media because the only team they talk about is Dallas.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 27, 2008, 01:55:11 PM

What else was in the post that may have caused it be deleted?

Don't think what you described would be sufficient reason.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

LA BUC

Starter

#4 : December 27, 2008, 10:21:39 PM

I thought Allen was talking to Mcnair or was it Mcnown?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 27, 2008, 10:24:30 PM

No, it was Macbeth.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 28, 2008, 02:18:12 AM

Who in sports media is making six figures? Not that many in the Tampa market.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are you upset with the media? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools