Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden Needs To Go!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#15 : December 28, 2008, 04:30:03 PM

I don't think that is an excuse at all. Jon grudens offense ranked higher than your beloved Dungy's offense this year.  Gruden did not call a bad game today at all he put up 24 points on a team and in the NFL that should get you a win unless your defense gives up 10 points in 2 minutes in the forth quarter.  The defense is the worse thing i saw today.  But noone will throw there beloved Monte under the bus and say maybe this wasn't grudens fault at all maybe just maybe it is the defense that couldn't stop my old highschool football team.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 28, 2008, 04:30:21 PM

It isn't the play calling it is Garcia not being a gun slinger. �

He is the HC, so the QB that takes the field is his responsibility. �Quit making excuses for the piss poor man management and stewardship of the obnoxious red headed one.

You have to work with what you have.  He had plays called that were there to be made.  Garcia didn't make them, and sometimes others didn't.  

Would you like Gruden to go out there and play QB too?

Law-Buc

Starter
#17 : December 28, 2008, 04:30:51 PM

Vintage Gruden to blame injuries.  Take full responsibility Gruden.  The blame should not start with Garcia, though he should be the next one to assume blame, it should start with Gruden.  He should simply concede that he needs a play caller.   Gruden would then be able to focus on better managing the game.  

[banghead]

Throughout the years I have backed Gruden. Now this is it! Jon Gruden needs to be fired! This season has been a disaster. The only really good thing that came from it is Antonio Bryant. But Jon couldn't even figure out how to get him and Galloway on the field together! How hard is it to line one on one side and the other on the other? Gruden over thinks the game. His plans are to scripted. He does not have a feel for the game.

How do you lose to a West Coast team that has nothing to play for? I believe he has lost the locker room. Especially now that Monte is gone.

Now he is going to blame it on injuries, like he always does. He will try and bring in 10 more Quarterbacks to replace Garcia and guess what? His offensive game plan and play calling is still going to be horrible!

I'm tired of this man! If your with me, lets hear it! If your not, lets hear it!

firegrudennow

Practice Squad

#18 : December 28, 2008, 04:31:34 PM

Yea we will have to put up with this for another.

armydx316

Starter

#19 : December 28, 2008, 04:32:19 PM

Michael Bennett= Larry Brackins 2.0.

I thought we put that to rest.....

I would be shocked if the Glazer's fired Gruden.

Even if it is the right thing to do.

for better or for worse  :(

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 28, 2008, 04:32:58 PM

Michael Bennett= Larry Brackins 2.0.

I thought we put that to rest.....

I would be shocked if the Glazer's fired Gruden.

Even if it is the right thing to do.

for better or for worse :(

QFT

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 28, 2008, 04:33:21 PM

He is the managing director, the CEO of football operations.  Ultimately after 6/7 years he has to be held accountable.   If it wasn't for the SB win he would have been run out of town long ago.    Its a what have you done for me lately world, and on that basis Grudens resume is looking pretty bloody bare.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 28, 2008, 04:34:04 PM

Vintage Gruden to blame injuries. �Take full responsibility Gruden. �The blame should not start with Garcia, though he should be the next one to assume blame, it should start with Gruden. �He should simply concede that he needs a play caller. � Gruden would then be able to focus on better managing the game. �

[banghead]

Throughout the years I have backed Gruden. Now this is it! Jon Gruden needs to be fired! This season has been a disaster. The only really good thing that came from it is Antonio Bryant. But Jon couldn't even figure out how to get him and Galloway on the field together! How hard is it to line one on one side and the other on the other? Gruden over thinks the game. His plans are to scripted. He does not have a feel for the game.

How do you lose to a West Coast team that has nothing to play for? I believe he has lost the locker room. Especially now that Monte is gone.

Now he is going to blame it on injuries, like he always does. He will try and bring in 10 more Quarterbacks to replace Garcia and guess what? His offensive game plan and play calling is still going to be horrible!

I'm tired of this man! If your with me, lets hear it! If your not, lets hear it!

What was wrong with the play calling today?  

NEWSFLASH: Just because the QB checks down and throws 3 yard passes does not mean that is the play call

Plays have been there to be made, today and ALL YEAR.  Gannon noticed it today and said so several times.  If only he called more games this year maybe some of the idiots on here moaning about play calling would realize this.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 28, 2008, 04:34:33 PM

Yea whoever is bringing up Bennett needs to go because look what he has done this year for his team..........  And releasing bennett gave us room for Caddy and if I am thinking correctly didn't he give us 2 touchdowns in this game and 78 yards rushing before going down with an injury?

fourd5dswb

Second String

#24 : December 28, 2008, 04:38:03 PM

Plays have been there to be made, today and ALL YEAR.  Gannon noticed it today and said so several times.  If only he called more games this year maybe some of the idiots on here moaning about play calling would realize this.

Who is responsible for the QB? JON GRUDEN! Like I said I have been a Gruden supporter in the past. He has been here 6 years! Our offense hasn't done squat! He needs to go!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 28, 2008, 04:39:24 PM

He is the managing director, the CEO of football operations. �Ultimately after 6/7 years he has to be held accountable. � If it wasn't for the SB win he would have been run out of town long ago. � �Its a what have you done for me lately world, and on that basis Grudens resume is looking pretty bloody bare.

So division titles mean nothing?  

There can only be ONE Super Bowl winner each year.  So what to you defines success?  

It's not like we are Cleveland, Detroit, Cincinnati, or some other losing franchise who hasn't done anything.  

There are very few teams who have done as much as TB has since Gruden has been coach here.  I am sure all the fans of those other teams aren't calling for their coaches head as well.......

LFO

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 28, 2008, 04:41:19 PM

Plays have been there to be made, today and ALL YEAR.  Gannon noticed it today and said so several times.  If only he called more games this year maybe some of the idiots on here moaning about play calling would realize this.

Who is responsible for the QB? JON GRUDEN! Like I said I have been a Gruden supporter in the past. He has been here 6 years! Our offense hasn't done squat! He needs to go!

Gruden's responsibility is to prepare the players to play, call the plays, and put them in POSITION to make them.  I think he has done a very good job of that. 

Unless you come up with some gadget we can have Gruden push on the sideline to FORCE the QB to throw to open WR down field, I am not sure he can do much more.  At the end of the day, it is the responsibility of the PLAYERS to execute. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 28, 2008, 04:43:15 PM

Plays have been there to be made, today and ALL YEAR.  Gannon noticed it today and said so several times.  If only he called more games this year maybe some of the idiots on here moaning about play calling would realize this.

Gruden's responsibility is to prepare the players to play, call the plays, and put them in POSITION to make them.  I think he has done a very good job of that.  

Unless you come up with some gadget we can have Gruden push on the sideline to FORCE the QB to throw to open WR down field, I am not sure he can do much more.  At the end of the day, it is the responsibility of the PLAYERS to execute.  

When he brings in players that are incapable of executing, that is on him

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 28, 2008, 04:42:33 PM

No they probably are calling for there heads, But our fans seem to think there is someone out there who can come in with the players we have and win superbowls every year.  And alot of these fans are still caught up with dungy love and don't remember our offense when dungy was here.  Funny thing is Gruden's play calling was not bad at all the last 4 weeks it has been the defense who can't hold anyone.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#29 : December 28, 2008, 04:43:34 PM

LFO-  I think these fans want gruden to press the A button and throw deep to bryant every play

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden Needs To Go!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools