Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden Needs To Go!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

fourd5dswb

Second String

#30 : December 28, 2008, 04:43:42 PM

So division titles mean nothing? 

There can only be ONE Super Bowl winner each year.  So what to you defines success? 

It's not like we are Cleveland, Detroit, Cincinnati, or some other losing franchise who hasn't done anything. 

There are very few teams who have done as much as TB has since Gruden has been coach here.  I am sure all the fans of those other teams aren't calling for their coaches head as well.......

Hey, if your except mediocrity then Gruden is your guy. I want this team to succeed! I want us to kick the stuff out of every opponent we face! I want the Bill Belichek mentality brought to Tampa. Damn Gruden and his schemes and situational football!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#31 : December 28, 2008, 04:44:54 PM

The Glazers or BA or someone needs to slap some restrictions on Gru like hiring on OC, firing Muir or nothing is going to change.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#32 : December 28, 2008, 04:45:14 PM

Who on the free agent market was better?  It is hard to pick up people when they aren't there.  This isn't madden you can't trade your 2 round pick for a 90 overall player. Come on man  We picked up a great center, and probably the best reciever on the free agent market.  

LFO

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 28, 2008, 04:46:25 PM

So, how many current coaches out there have at least 3 division titles and a Super Bowl since Gruden arrived here?

I'd say maybe Belichick, Dungy.....anyone else?

Yeah, let's fire him for lack of success!

fourd5dswb

Second String

#34 : December 28, 2008, 04:48:01 PM

Funny thing is Gruden's play calling was not bad at all the last 4 weeks it has been the defense who can't hold anyone.

That is my exact point. Since he has been here he has relied heavily on our defense to bail his sorry offense out. That, my friend, has to do with coaching ... and play calling!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 28, 2008, 04:48:27 PM

Plays have been there to be made, today and ALL YEAR. �Gannon noticed it today and said so several times. �If only he called more games this year maybe some of the idiots on here moaning about play calling would realize this.

Who is responsible for the QB? JON GRUDEN! Like I said I have been a Gruden supporter in the past. He has been here 6 years! Our offense hasn't done squat! He needs to go!

Gruden's responsibility is to prepare the players to play, call the plays, and put them in POSITION to make them. �I think he has done a very good job of that. �

Unless you come up with some gadget we can have Gruden push on the sideline to FORCE the QB to throw to open WR down field, I am not sure he can do much more. �At the end of the day, it is the responsibility of the PLAYERS to execute. �

When he brings in players that are incapable of executing, that is on him

Who was available that was better?

Instead of wasting money on over paid under performing WR, we bring in Bryant who last I checked was probably the BEST WR available this off-season.  We also brought in the BEST center available.  

Who else should we have signed?  

Please, enlighten me.  Who out there was available for us to sign that was a playmaker?

T

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 28, 2008, 04:49:17 PM

I want a losing season next year so we can draft Colt McKoy in 2010. We need a Franchise QB and a coach with the ability to develop him

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 28, 2008, 04:49:31 PM

24 points that is all i have to say to that.  24 points should get you a win.  Lets face it our defense is not the dominate force it use to be.  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 28, 2008, 04:49:55 PM

24 points that is all i have to say to that.  24 points should get you a win.  Lets face it our defense is not the dominate force it use to be.  

The defense gave us 7 of those 24

LFO

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 28, 2008, 04:50:36 PM

24 points that is all i have to say to that. �24 points should get you a win. �Lets face it our defense is not the dominate force it use to be. �

The defense also gave up a 24-14 lead. 

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#40 : December 28, 2008, 04:51:49 PM

Thank you LFO I am telling you these people think we are on Madden or something where Randy moss is available.  We sign bryant and gruden gets no praise for that, we sign Faine who in my opinion should have made the pro bowl.  We sign clifton smith who dominated ST.  

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#41 : December 28, 2008, 04:52:48 PM

Exactly they gave us an interception but they also gave up 31 points............

Got_Spleen

Starter

#42 : December 28, 2008, 04:53:04 PM

I think he should receive the same gracious exit that they gave Dungy. We need a new HC and a new DC with a few tweaks and who knows.

fourd5dswb

Second String

#43 : December 28, 2008, 04:54:25 PM

So, how many current coaches out there have at least 3 division titles and a Super Bowl since Gruden arrived here?

We won those playing defense. The only year that it looked like Gruden had something going was our Super Bowl year. That is because we had the players in place. We had a stellar defense. We had 3 damn good receivers. A two headed monster in the backfield and a game manager under center.

What does he do? He tears the team apart! Because of all this noise of him winning with Dungy's team. It was harder for him to win with that team because they had to buy into his philosophy. That was his best year here. Since? He has limped his way to playoff appearances, losing seasons, and divisional titles.

The man is a cancer to this franchise.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 28, 2008, 04:55:43 PM

24 points that is all i have to say to that. �24 points should get you a win. �Lets face it our defense is not the dominate force it use to be. �

The defense also gave up a 24-14 lead. 

And the offense didn't step up to win us a game.  As usual.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jon Gruden Needs To Go!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools