Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS « previous next »
Page: 1

CSimms02

Rookie

: October 13, 2006, 06:57:14 PM

since simms didnt resign with the bucs for the 5 years, what does that mean...like will the contract stay open so at any time he can be like "ok i wanna sign and stay with the bucs". and i wonder what the REAL reason he didnt sign again for is....i wouldnt he would be greedy cause he doesnt seem like that....is it just that he doesnt want to be with the bucs anymore?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2006, 07:55:45 PM

since simms didnt resign with the bucs for the 5 years, what does that mean...like will the contract stay open so at any time he can be like "ok i wanna sign and stay with the bucs". and i wonder what the REAL reason he didnt sign again for is....i wouldnt he would be greedy cause he doesnt seem like that....is it just that he doesnt want to be with the bucs anymore?

According to Roy Cummings who was on WDAE this morning, the Bucs open the bidding on Simms very low.  The $10 million guaranteed money five year deal offer Simms mentioned was the last offer and Simms wanted a lot more than that.  No one knows the exact terms of that deal but it sounds like a low ball starters contract that didn't over commit the Bucs to him.

The bottom line is the Bucs weren't convinced  he was the longterm answer, and Chris wanted a lot more money.  He stunk up the place through three weeks and then got injured, so I suspect the Bucs interest is greatly reduced and Simms's stock dropped as well.  Chris will leave in FA, and I doubt the Bucs will be interested in keeping him around.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 13, 2006, 07:59:23 PM

I think its a simple matter that Simms wanted a lucrative long term deal, and he thought he could get it in free agency if he had a good year.  So he took the gamble.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 13, 2006, 08:00:22 PM

So he took the gamble.

And lost

CSimms02

Rookie

#4 : October 13, 2006, 08:12:27 PM

i just cant believe he would be like that just for more money...i mean if i were him i would stay on the team and prove myself.....not back out cause its not enough money

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 13, 2006, 08:15:07 PM

i just cant believe he would be like that just for more money...i mean if i were him i would stay on the team and prove myself.....not back out cause its not enough money

It is a JOB.....he doesn't care if he plays in Tampa or ???????

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 13, 2006, 08:58:14 PM

According to Roy Cummings who was on WDAE this morning, the Bucs open the bidding on Simms very low. The $10 million guaranteed money five year deal offer Simms mentioned was the last offer and Simms wanted a lot more than that. No one knows the exact terms of that deal but it sounds like a low ball starters contract that didn't over commit the Bucs to him.

The bottom line is the Bucs weren't convinced he was the longterm answer, and Chris wanted a lot more money. He stunk up the place through three weeks and then got injured, so I suspect the Bucs interest is greatly reduced and Simms's stock dropped as well. Chris will leave in FA, and I doubt the Bucs will be interested in keeping him around.

Stopped reading right about the According to Roy Cummings...  point.  I really believe this "writer" makes stuff up.   Not that folks here don't do the same as they offer their opinions on all things Buccaneer, but Roy is supposed to be bound by real info and facts, and frankly he isn't

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SIMMS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools