Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: While the rest of you rant about firing this guy and that... « previous next »
Page: 1

bait619

Starter

: December 28, 2008, 05:01:30 PM

i'm going to try and take some positives from one of the worst collapses i have ever witnessed...no doubt the last 4 weeks have been a gut-wrenching disappointment but what's done is done and bittching about it on a message board won't turn back time

all we can do now is hope that the team improves over the offseason and if there is a silver lining to all of this...it is that our run defense and defensive line have been exposed...so maybe this will be a wake up call and management will do what they need to improve the DL...maybe, just maybe this will force their hand into spending money on haynesworth (if he even becomes available)...we can only hope

i don't think we will be able to get a franchise qb in here next year...there just aren't any available...we could try and trade for one but there is no guarantee we would find a suitable partner...mcnabb is by no means a for sure thing to be available...and as far as i'm concerned, cassell is ok not franchise, but maybe i'm wrong

QB and DL are our two glaring weaknesses (WR too if we don't re-sign bryant) so hopefully this epic disaster of 4 games will convince them that they need to do something for real this time

I think had we made the playoffs...bruce would have sat on his hands and continued with the status quo of retreads and bargains and continued to put mediocre, just good enough to make the playoffs teams out there

again, one can hope that there is some kind of positive that comes out of all this

schtoomy

Second String

#1 : December 28, 2008, 05:05:36 PM

thank you.  good points about our upcoming off-season.  i have to believe that gruden will feel some heat now, and we will be aggressive in building upon the solid foundation of this team, and hopefully, completing it.

-qb
-dt
-cb

LA BUC

Starter

#2 : December 28, 2008, 05:07:25 PM

FIRE BRUCE ALLEN !!!

JC510

Practice Squad

#3 : December 28, 2008, 05:09:20 PM

thank you.  good points about our upcoming off-season.  i have to believe that gruden will feel some heat now, and we will be aggressive in building upon the solid foundation of this team, and hopefully, completing it.

-qb
-dt
-cb

We could have Deion Sanders in his prime and it wouldn't matter if the QB is going to get 7 seconds every time he drops back. This team needs TWO starting DEs.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 28, 2008, 05:11:27 PM

-qb
-dt
-cb

We could have Deion Sanders in his prime and it wouldn't matter if the QB is going to get 7 seconds every time he drops back. This team needs TWO starting DEs.

DE's are nothing without solid play from thier DT. Adams and White aren't bad, thye just suffer from lack of DT.

schtoomy

Second String

#5 : December 28, 2008, 05:12:19 PM

-qb
-dt
-cb

i would take haynesworth over any d-lineman available.  i hear you on the need for edge rush, but we have *some* juice out there.  we have *no* interior push.

i agree with you on 7 seconds to throw the ball, though.  the pass "rush" has just been atrocious.

bait619

Starter

#6 : December 28, 2008, 05:20:32 PM

i'm thinking that they HAVE to upgrade DT with the best free agent available and then draft Raji or Jerry or a runstopping DE in the first and then the opposite in the 2nd so we come out of there with both in the first two rounds...this team wins and loses with the paly of the defensive line

i think we need to trade ronde for anything we can...even though i like him...i think we get more out of him by trading him and signing nmandi or dunta

nmandi and hayneworth and re-sign bryant, find a qb...that is a lot to ask for even with our cap situation...although JJ might be able to lead this team next year (hope springs eternal) as i would rather have him start than to grossly overpay for a mediocre veteran or give up multiple draft picks to take a chance on an early first round qb...although if harrell or even chase daniel fall far enough i would like to take a looksie

i might puke if we draft a first round wr or rb...there is plenty of depth available at those two positions...too much to invest any more early picks...jmt

watson

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 28, 2008, 05:26:21 PM

i'm thinking that they HAVE to upgrade DT with the best free agent available and then draft Raji or Jerry or a runstopping DE in the first and then the opposite in the 2nd so we come out of there with both in the first two rounds...this team wins and loses with the paly of the defensive line

i think we need to trade ronde for anything we can...even though i like him...i think we get more out of him by trading him and signing nmandi or dunta

nmandi and hayneworth and re-sign bryant, find a qb...that is a lot to ask for even with our cap situation...although JJ might be able to lead this team next year (hope springs eternal) as i would rather have him start than to grossly overpay for a mediocre veteran or give up multiple draft picks to take a chance on an early first round qb...although if harrell or even chase daniel fall far enough i would like to take a looksie

i might puke if we draft a first round wr or rb...there is plenty of depth available at those two positions...too much to invest any more early picks...jmt
I also want Lechler.....that was some of the most amazing punts I've ever seen......talk about changing field position.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: While the rest of you rant about firing this guy and that... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools