Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Michael Vick is our QB today." - Did anyone else catch this? « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: January 11, 2007, 08:13:01 PM

Q: Is Michael Vick your quarterback to start the season?
Petrino: Michael Vick is our starting quarterback today. There is no question about that. This is my first day on the job. I am really looking forward to getting to know him, watching him, developing and working at it. We haven't been able to get on the field yet. We haven't been able to watch film yet. I know he is a great quarterback and is very competitive. I have not talked to him yet. Hopefully I can get a free minute. I haven't had a lot of free minutes today. I am looking forward to a couple of free minutes in my office to make some phone calls. He will certainly be one of the first phone calls I make.

Am I reading between the lines too much here or this a strange way to answer the question? Honestly, I'm not sure what Petrino is saying, there's no reason to put it like that unless he's reserved about Vick as his QB. Please tell me I'm crazy........

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 11, 2007, 08:16:50 PM

All he wants is a free minute.. just one free minute.... can't a man get ONE FREE MINUTE to talk to his starting quarterback?

Seriously though... it kind of sounds like he might want to give him a warm hug and a soft kiss.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#2 : January 11, 2007, 08:17:00 PM

Q: Is Michael Vick your quarterback to start the season?
Petrino: Michael Vick is our starting quarterback today. There is no question about that. This is my first day on the job. I am really looking forward to getting to know him, watching him, developing and working at it. We haven't been able to get on the field yet. We haven't been able to watch film yet. I know he is a great quarterback and is very competitive. I have not talked to him yet. Hopefully I can get a free minute. I haven't had a lot of free minutes today. I am looking forward to a couple of free minutes in my office to make some phone calls. He will certainly be one of the first phone calls I make.

Am I reading between the lines too much here or this a strange way to answer the question? Honestly, I'm not sure what Petrino is saying, there's no reason to put it like that unless he's reserved about Vick as his QB. Please tell me I'm crazy........

no your not crazy....this would be poetic justice!!!!!!!!!

I hate Vick, and any player for that matter that thinks they are the team, and that they are too good (T.O., K. Johnson, ect. ect)

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 11, 2007, 08:50:51 PM

I know you were probably looking for a serious answer, so I'll give it my best

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think.

On one side, you have a coach getting the opportunity to coach the electrifying Mike Vick

On the other side, he could be blowing all this into Vick's head in the hopes that he fails so he can ditch him

Somewhere in the middle is his dead on reality that he's stuck with a high paying job as far as money, but a thankless job being the coach of the Atlanta Falcons. My guess is he really thinks he can work with Vick... grasping at straws IMO

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : January 11, 2007, 11:48:12 PM

I hate Vick cuz he honestly thinks he is all that & doesn't understand why everyone around him is not doing as well as he cuz they'd be in the SB every year, don't ya know?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Michael Vick is our QB today." - Did anyone else catch this? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools