Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop with the "Don't Blame Gruden" Threads.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
: December 28, 2008, 08:25:18 PM

Jon Gruden is the HEAD COACH of the football team...this means he's responsible for ALL ASPECTS of the football team - the offense, the defense, the special teams, free agency, who makes it and who doesn't...all of it.

This is the greatest late season collapse in NFL history...how can any coach survive that?
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/dec/22/sp-bucs-now-face-historic-collapse/sports-bucs/

Marty Shottenheimer got fired after 14-2, Dungy got fired for not winning in the playoffs, surely Gruden can be fired for this debacle.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 28, 2008, 08:29:38 PM

Gotta agree. I supported Jon all the way. Since he was our coach, I felt that obligation. Now comes the time for objective evaluation and from 9-3 to 9-7, one can't defend.
I'll forever thank Jon for 2002, but there's been too much instability since and the time has come to lay it on his doorstep.

In Verner We Trust

missy427

Second String
#2 : December 28, 2008, 08:31:13 PM

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and ask : when will we see the blame the players threads?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 28, 2008, 08:31:37 PM

How many redundant threads are you going to make?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 28, 2008, 08:32:39 PM

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and ask : when will we see the blame the players threads?

The head coach and GM have had plenty of time to bring in the right players.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 28, 2008, 08:33:36 PM

LoL please tell me you are totally going to blame the HC for all the mess up and all the injuries...Your like the guy in stands today that blame the "Offensive Guru" and then said to let him go....I stated after the comment that I really didn't see Gruden on any of the plays...Playing on the field...I stated that all plays are supposed to work and he stated "yes for positive yards". I then thought about him being a Coach for a High School team that was in our section...I wanted to so ask him do you ever blame the players but he got up and left...Go Figure...Just when I was warming up...OBD

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 28, 2008, 08:34:04 PM

I've made two threads on two different subjects...

re⋅dun⋅dant   /rɪˈdʌndənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation  [ri-duhn-duhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation  

–adjective 1. characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas

missy427

Second String
#7 : December 28, 2008, 08:34:45 PM

However shouldn't they be held just as accountable as the coaches,they are a team,aren't they?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 28, 2008, 08:35:33 PM

LoL please tell me you are totally going to blame the HC for all the mess up and all the injuries...Your like the guy in stands today that blame the "Offensive Guru" and then said to let him go....I stated after the comment that I really didn't see Gruden on any of the plays...Playing on the field...I stated that all plays are supposed to work and he stated "yes for positive yards". I then thought about him being a Coach for a High School team that was in our section...I wanted to so ask him do you ever blame the players but he got up and left...Go Figure...Just when I was warming up...OBD

Well, hey, its great that the head coach doesn't decide who makes the football team, depth at various positions, and how to use the weapons he has...

Oh wait...he does...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 28, 2008, 08:35:51 PM

Oh sure. But you can't cut EVERY guy.

In Verner We Trust

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 28, 2008, 08:36:18 PM

re⋅dun⋅dant   /rɪˈdʌndənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation  [ri-duhn-duhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation  

–adjective 1. characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas

So you needed to use a dictionary on middle school vocabulary word, how cute...

And don't sweat it, I'm just asking you before you get carried away...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 28, 2008, 08:37:18 PM

If "blame the players" was an acceptable position to take, then Tony Dungy would still be here and the Bucs would never have hoisted the Lombardi Trophy.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 28, 2008, 08:37:34 PM

So you needed to use a dictionary on middle school vocabulary word, how cute...

And don't sweat it, I'm just asking you before you get carried away...

Actually, I posted it for you since you appear to lack understanding of the word.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 28, 2008, 08:38:25 PM

re⋅dun⋅dant   /rɪˈdʌndənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation �[ri-duhn-duhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation �

�adjective 1. characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas

But you are a little quick to put the whole season on the HC...Why wouldn't you include Monte...We had the game wrapped up in the fourth quarter today with 7:53 left on the clock...My little one asked if we were going to win at that time with the score at 14 to 24 our favor...Then the Oakland RB slapped the defense in the face with a 67 yard run and also Ronde gave up a touch down in the endzone...Please start being more balanced...OBD

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#14 : December 28, 2008, 08:38:43 PM

The players work for the coach.  The coach can use methods to put a winning team on the field.  If the coach cannot do that, ya need another coach that can.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop with the "Don't Blame Gruden" Threads.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools