Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop with the "Don't Blame Gruden" Threads.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 28, 2008, 10:24:03 PM

While the defense was definitely the catalyst for the collapse, the offense didn't help much. We weren't sustaining drives, we weren't protecting the football, we weren't avoiding penalties or scoring in the red zone. The offense sucked today as much as the defense did.

How about the offense with 2:21 left on the clock before halftime, with the game tied 7-7?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 28, 2008, 10:29:42 PM

While the defense was definitely the catalyst for the collapse, the offense didn't help much. We weren't sustaining drives, we weren't protecting the football, we weren't avoiding penalties or scoring in the red zone. The offense sucked today as much as the defense did.

How about the offense with 2:21 left on the clock before halftime, with the game tied 7-7?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 2:21 OAK TAM
1st and 10 at TB 20 (2:21) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete short left to A.Bryant.     
2nd and 10 at TB 20 (2:17) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete deep left to A.Bryant.     
  Penalty on TB-A.Bryant, Illegal Touch Pass, declined.     
3rd and 10 at TB 20 (2:10) (Shotgun) J.Garcia scrambles left end to TB 22 for 2 yards (T.Howard).     
  Two-Minute Warning     
4th and 8 at TB 22 (2:00) (Punt formation) J.Bidwell punts 50 yards to OAK 28, Center-A.Economos. J.Higgins to OAK 39 for 11 yards (J.Wilkerson).     

Now that's offense....

rombarrone

Starter

#32 : December 28, 2008, 10:33:35 PM

This looks like one very interesting off season and I'm sure Scott and the crew will have their hands full covering it!

lol...Yeh, they could barely keep up with FA "Splash in the off season" las year that Allen said he would make. And how about the "Tiger Woods like acquisition." Before some of homers start typing it, I don't consider extending contracts of existing players as a splash in fa. I consider it maintenance.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 29, 2008, 06:10:09 PM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at 2:21 OAK TAM
1st and 10 at TB 20 (2:21) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete short left to A.Bryant.     
2nd and 10 at TB 20 (2:17) (Shotgun) J.Garcia pass incomplete deep left to A.Bryant.     
  Penalty on TB-A.Bryant, Illegal Touch Pass, declined.     
3rd and 10 at TB 20 (2:10) (Shotgun) J.Garcia scrambles left end to TB 22 for 2 yards (T.Howard).     
  Two-Minute Warning     
4th and 8 at TB 22 (2:00) (Punt formation) J.Bidwell punts 50 yards to OAK 28, Center-A.Economos. J.Higgins to OAK 39 for 11 yards (J.Wilkerson).     

Now that's offense....
So let me get this...This whole game goes down to the last four plays on offense...No way am I going to let this freaking statement get away without a shout back...This defense gift wrap the last seven minutes of the fourth quarter to Oakland...DEFENSE LOST THIS GAME AS WELL AS THE THREE BEFORE IT...No matter how you slice this pie Defense Sucked...My opinion and its all mine and you can't change it... I watched the three before this game on t.v. and saw the last one with my family at the stadium...Defense is not escaping the Blame at all with this one or the last three before...OBD

P.S. DTG and Jason I do respect your takes but I have to take a difference of opinion today...JG also stands for Jeff Garcia and he left a lot of points on the field yesterday...I watch it in the flesh and now understand alot more what "Hate" see's also....I still love you guy "in a non faggot way"...OBD

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 29, 2008, 06:21:57 PM

So let me get this...This whole game goes down to the last four plays on offense...

Who said THAT?

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 29, 2008, 06:24:24 PM

The Bucs Offense managed to score 10 points in the Atl game despite 3 turnovers from the D and a blocked punt.   While the D was gashed on the ground vs Turner, points are points, and the D did put up a huge effort in that game.  

You can easily pin the Atl and Oak game on the O.

As for Garcia being at fault instead of Gruden, you need to let that go.  Gruden hand selected a 38+ Year old back up QB to be his starter.  After seeing first hand how his body would fall apart as the season wore on..LAST YEAR, let alone with a body a year older.  Seriously, how did you think it would end with that formula?

If you bat Mario Mendoza against Nolan Ryan, do you come up the lame; "It wasn't the manager that struck out, so he can't be blamed?"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 29, 2008, 06:25:57 PM

Gruden should not be blamed for this team not going 12-4 because this team isn't good enough to be 12-4. But Gruden should be blamed for being 5 years into a re-building process and having just as many question marks as 5 years ago.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 29, 2008, 06:29:43 PM

Gruden should not be blamed for this team not going 12-4 because this team isn't good enough to be 12-4. But Gruden should be blamed for being 5 years into a re-building process and having just as many question marks as 5 years ago.

LOL you can't be serious...OBD

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 29, 2008, 06:35:44 PM

The Bucs Offense managed to score 10 points in the Atl game despite 3 turnovers from the D and a blocked punt. � While the D was gashed on the ground vs Turner, points are points, and the D did put up a huge effort in that game. �

You can easily pin the Atl and Oak game on the O.

No doubt the Atlanta game is on the offense, but the Oakland game, not so much.  10 point lead in the 4th quarter with 10 minutes left in the game AT HOME.

As for Garcia being at fault instead of Gruden, you need to let that go. �Gruden hand selected a 38+ Year old back up QB to be his starter. �After seeing first hand how his body would fall apart as the season wore on..LAST YEAR, let alone with a body a year older. �Seriously, how did you think it would end with that formula?

If you bat Mario Mendoza against Nolan Ryan, do you come up the lame; "It wasn't the manager that struck out, so he can't be blamed?"

First off, that's a crappy analogy.

Second,  Gruden is to blame for giving the a 37-year-old QB the reigns to his offense for 2 years.  The caveat is, while I'm not a fan of the offensive philosophy, he does put his players in positions to succeed.

luke99

Starter

#39 : December 29, 2008, 07:06:41 PM

Have to agree with Jason on this one. I have said all along that it was GRUDEN`S DEFENSE..not KIFFIN`S.. jason  and DTG and Java know that also. monte is a 67 year old washed up Mascott. Gruden has put out that top Defense for Years now.

glad we cleared that up and it is GREAT to see the old man and that Brat son of his leave town!!!

Great Post Jason

lazymuchacho

Practice Squad
#40 : December 29, 2008, 07:19:39 PM

I'm a reasonable person and the arguments that have been made all have their valid points but one clear fact remains:

If we start the next season with a team that looks much the same as the one this season....something is wrong....very wrong.

If that isn't obvious to you, there is no argument to be had. What I'm saying then is that there better be some big free agent acquisitions and some meaningful changes...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 29, 2008, 07:21:58 PM

Are you saying this team has 12-4 talent or that they have a promising enough core that they can be 10-6 or 11-5 next season?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 29, 2008, 07:22:53 PM

So let me get this...This whole game goes down to the last four plays on offense...

Who said THAT?
No one but that was my point also...I thought that the statement left room for someone to try to jump on the last series of the last two minutes of the game and I want to make sure we were on the same page...I am a little smarter sometimes but I have lots of room for improvement DTG...OBD

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 29, 2008, 07:25:45 PM

Are you saying this team has 12-4 talent or that they have a promising enough core that they can be 10-6 or 11-5 next season?

Yup I am saying that and just like any other team...We could have went 13-3 or 12-4 but we had a multitude of issues arise this past four weeks. The post above wants to lump in 5 years...LOL...I really find humor in that because it would take a longer post to make up for the past five years...OBD

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 29, 2008, 07:27:19 PM

His point is that the roster had more core players on it 5 years ago than it does today.

Again, if you disagree, take a good look at the players under contract and attempt to make a starting 22 from that mess.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop with the "Don't Blame Gruden" Threads.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools