Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop with the "Don't Blame Gruden" Threads.... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

bucDsystem

Starter

#90 : December 31, 2008, 10:30:35 AM

Marty Shottenheimer got fired after 14-2, Dungy got fired for not winning in the playoffs, surely Gruden can be fired for this debacle.

Both Marty and Tony we're fired because the couldn't win with championship talent on their rosters. I can't say John has had the opportunity to put those pieces in place since coming to Tampa. I personally think John has done everything possible in the Free Agent market and the Draft, to try to rebuild this roster, and has OVERACHIEVED, with the talent he was able to collect. I understand the bottom line, I'm just not sure ANY coach could have done more under the same circumstances....

This is the honest to goodness best evaluation yet...OBD

honest assesment... if your QB looks likes crap put in the back up
if the back up looks like crap
put in the third string if hes not a rookie....
worst case you lose a bunch of games, you risk being being fired... people on a message board scream bloody murder while destroying their keyboard

best case scenario you're at the top of the draft and you get matt ryan - joe flacco - sam bradford... whoever

to win...you must envision victory -devise a plan -and then have the guts to destroy anything that stands in your way

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#91 : December 31, 2008, 03:46:12 PM

Marty Shottenheimer got fired after 14-2, Dungy got fired for not winning in the playoffs, surely Gruden can be fired for this debacle.

Both Marty and Tony we're fired because the couldn't win with championship talent on their rosters. I can't say John has had the opportunity to put those pieces in place since coming to Tampa. I personally think John has done everything possible in the Free Agent market and the Draft, to try to rebuild this roster, and has OVERACHIEVED, with the talent he was able to collect. I understand the bottom line, I'm just not sure ANY coach could have done more under the same circumstances....

honest assesment... if your QB looks likes crap put in the back up
if the back up looks like crap
put in the third string if hes not a rookie....
worst case you lose a bunch of games, you risk being being fired... people on a message board scream bloody murder while destroying their keyboard

best case scenario you're at the top of the draft and you get matt ryan - joe flacco - sam bradford... whoever
I stand by my last statement...OBD

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#92 : December 31, 2008, 04:31:54 PM

Jon Gruden is the HEAD COACH of the football team...this means he's responsible for ALL ASPECTS of the football team - the offense, the defense, the special teams, free agency, who makes it and who doesn't...all of it.

This is the greatest late season collapse in NFL history...how can any coach survive that?
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/dec/22/sp-bucs-now-face-historic-collapse/sports-bucs/

No argument here..

MBF

Hall of Famer

#93 : January 01, 2009, 11:07:11 AM

Most of the blame is on Kiffin, it was a dog move by him to tell the players he was leaving in the middle of a playoff run.
Let's fire him.
So you don't think the defense was the problem?

Most of the blame is on Kiffin, it was a dog move by him to tell the players he was leaving in the middle of a playoff run.
Hahaha.
Back already?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#94 : January 01, 2009, 10:27:22 AM

Both Marty and Tony we're fired because the couldn't win with championship talent on their rosters.  I can't say John has had the opportunity to put those pieces in place since coming to Tampa.  I personally think John has done everything possible in the Free Agent market and the Draft, to try to rebuild this roster, and has OVERACHIEVED, with the talent he was able to collect.  I understand the bottom line, I'm just not sure ANY coach could have done more under the same circumstances....

Gruden has had 5 years with all his draft picks and 2-3 years with full cap room. How long do you give someone to build a championship roster?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#95 : January 01, 2009, 10:35:48 AM

People were certain Jon would be fired in 2006 (as well as this year), but reality is the Glazers grade Jon based on his overall track record.  They are very wealthy business men based on logical, well thought moves instead of knee jerk reactions many would prefer.

#96 : January 01, 2009, 10:36:49 AM

I can't say John has had the opportunity to put those pieces in place since coming to Tampa.

Hasn't had the opportunity? It this post supposed to be taken seriously?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#97 : January 01, 2009, 10:48:59 AM

Most of the blame is on Kiffin, it was a **CENSORED** move by him to tell the players he was leaving in the middle of a playoff run.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#98 : January 01, 2009, 10:56:16 AM

Let's fire him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#99 : January 01, 2009, 11:01:30 AM

Hahaha.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop with the "Don't Blame Gruden" Threads.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools